Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you worked out which ship you are on (using build date, or searching for VIN on the MOLACE site? Your VIN being in RAV suggests your ship has docked somewhere in Australia, but possibly not yet at Port Kembla. Tesla told me that my car wasn't in Australia when it had docked in Melbourne before being delivered to Brisbane.
Port Kembla is apparently very congested. If your car hasn't landed yet, it will be tough to get it before EOFY. Unfortunately Tesla should have a clearer idea, but they are very poor at sharing information with the customers.

Something similar happened to a lot of people about a month ago. It was a system error and they appear to have gone back to their place in the queue before getting TBD at a later date. Sorry, it sucks.
RAV of 18/05 is fairly confidently Grand Eagle in Melbourne at this point. It's now outside Port Kembla with massive delays, seems like everyone with assigned MYLRs is waiting on it.

Reactions: JonDarian
Thanks! Tried searching the VIN on the Molace site but received "No Information Available for this VIN(s)" - Build date was 24/4. RAV was 18/5. Tesla give me a different story each time I call, and today for the first time simply said they had no visibility at all.
Have you worked out which ship you are on (using build date, or searching for VIN on the MOLACE site? Your VIN being in RAV suggests your ship has docked somewhere in Australia, but possibly not yet at Port Kembla. Tesla told me that my car wasn't in Australia when it had docked in Melbourne before being delivered to Brisbane.
Port Kembla is apparently very congested. If your car hasn't landed yet, it will be tough to get it before EOFY. Unfortunately Tesla should have a clearer idea, but they are very poor at sharing information with the customers.

Something similar happened to a lot of people about a month ago. It was a system error and they appear to have gone back to their place in the queue before getting TBD at a later date. Sorry, it sucks.

Reactions: JonDarian
Ah thank you! So due in on 10th June at this stage.. how long is it usually for the port processing to dealer?
How long is a piece of string?

I saw someone in Melbourne earlier in the thread have a pickup of 9/6 IIRC, and it docked there on the 18/5.

A lot of people want their cars by EOFY. I personally don't care more than having the car sooner. I reckon plan for early July at this point but that's my uneducated opinion, just based on how often the dock is slipping.

How long is a piece of string?

I saw someone in Melbourne earlier in the thread have a pickup of 9/6 IIRC, and it docked there on the 18/5.

A lot of people want their cars by EOFY. I personally don't care more than having the car sooner. I reckon plan for early July at this point but that's my uneducated opinion, just based on how often the dock is slipping.
Thank you! Really helpful - really hoping to squeeze into this Fin Year but appreciate the info, now I can keep an eye on the Grand Eagle! Wish Tesla were a bit more forthcoming with the info

From memory, mine was Feb-May forever, then TBD for maybe a week, then May EDD date range, which slipped back and back, then a little forward. My car was ordered in late October, built on 21 April, VIN on about 24 April. I received "Your delivery is approaching" on 31 May. My EDD range is still 5-26 June (plus whatever time the car carrier takes). They obviously don't mean 5th of June is possible, but it is relatively common for them to adjust a date range after it has started.
Have you received your schedule for delivery message? I just received mine for 13 or 14 June. I'm in Vietnam for the next 3 weeks and waiting for my niece to confirm the best time for her to pick it up.

For info, here is todays berth schedule for Brisbane (Fishermans Island Port)
Brisbane Berth Schedule 2jun23.png

How do we do out on which ship is our car I have the vin and the build date
MolACE Search <--- Try this Molace search site. Change the 'Search By' selection to VIN then copy your vin number into the box. If it doesn't come up then its not on Molace.
The other shipping agent used is Armacup. They don't have a search facility so you have to take an educated guess by looking at the build date and find what ship left Shanghai just after that, say 3 to 5 days after.

Reactions: houdini