Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding any potential refresh/updates in the new VINs

So - I just got off the phone with Tesla and got many questions answered by the very nice young lady who answered.

Our cars with the new VINs will be the exact same spec as the car that we ordered. I asked specifically about aesthetic internal and external changes, about HW4, and about the battery and drive train.

Model Y refresh items released in China, such as the cloth trim, LED strip, black hub caps, increased acceleration and range etc are NOT being applied to newly manufactured vehicles for Australia and won’t be for a while. They could not confirm when or if those changes will appear in Australian Model Ys.

They couldn’t confirm which vessel the cars will be shipped on.

As far as I’m concerned, this puts to rest any expectations with regards to the newer cars being any different to the ones manufactured back in September/October. I think that anyone who is super keen to have HW4, new trim or any other refresh updates, should cancel their order and wait until these things are clearly being delivered in new cars.

Lastly, I told the Tesla rep that my thoughts are with her and her colleagues as I am sure they are on the receiving end of plenty of frustrated customers. She was very thankful and appreciative but did not complain and avoided going into any detail.

I think it should be said that anyone who entitles themselves to call Tesla and abuse their call centre staff, needs to look at themselves in the mirror and understand how contemptible that behaviour is. Have humility and be thankful that your greatest frustration in life is a delayed car.

IMG_8034.jpeg

@Winnieblue i searched for 25mins for a silver/white/20s for you but thus is as close as i could get

So - I just got off the phone with Tesla and got many questions answered by the very nice young lady who answered.

Our cars with the new VINs will be the exact same spec as the car that we ordered. I asked specifically about aesthetic internal and external changes, about HW4, and about the battery and drive train.

Model Y refresh items released in China, such as the cloth trim, LED strip, black hub caps, increased acceleration and range etc are NOT being applied to newly manufactured vehicles for Australia and won’t be for a while. They could not confirm when or if those changes will appear in Australian Model Ys.

As far as I’m concerned, this puts to rest any expectations with regards to the newer cars being any different to the ones manufactured back in September/October. I think that anyone who is super keen to have HW4, new trim or any other refresh updates, should cancel their order and wait until these things are clearly being delivered in new cars.

Lastly, I told the Tesla rep that my thoughts are with her and her colleagues as I am sure they are on the receiving end of plenty of frustrated customers. She was very thankful and appreciative but did not complain and avoided going into any detail.

I think it should be said that anyone who entitles themselves to call Tesla and abuse their call centre staff, needs to look at themselves in the mirror and understand how contemptible that behaviour is. Have humility and be thankful that your greatest frustration in life is a delayed car.

Venting at one point was probably the natural thing to do as many had plans tied to the delivery especially for the Xmas and NY break with extended annual leaves. Tesla Australia would have buckled up for it. And maybe it finally came to their senses to provide 6 month EAP. Initially Tesla's stance was no compensations what so ever and biosecurity issues were outside of their control.

Venting at one point was probably the natural thing to do as many had plans tied to the delivery especially for the Xmas and NY break with extended annual leaves. Tesla Australia would have buckled up for it. And maybe it finally came to their senses to provide 6 month EAP. Initially Tesla's stance was no compensations what so ever and biosecurity issues were outside of their control.
Abusing call centre and showroom staff isn't venting and it's not the natural thing to do, it's abuse.

It's wrong to mistreat call center and showroom staff, yet this doesn't justify the poor communication and lack of action regarding this significant delivery delays. In China, Tesla is compelled to be more responsive even if it is not their fault, due to intense competition and a critical media environment. This leads to earlier releases of new refresh in China. In contrast, the Australian market is lower priority for them, evidenced by delayed refresh and less customer engagement.

Reactions: JayPlain
Has anyone with a MYP order from GC been assigned a new VIN?

No VIN change yet for me. 10 Feb - 2 Mar delivery date for MEL.
MYP here as well and no change in VIN, still 2/2 - 23/2 delivery.

Do Tesla think they can unload, clean the ship, reload and send the GC back to Aus with our cars on in that time frame? & pass quarantine or are they going to use another ship if one is available?