Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My original car was on the Glovis and sent back to Shanghai. Was assigned a new VIN and advised it was on the Morning Crystal. My EDD has been blank for ages and is still not updated. Now I know from this thread, and tracking the Crystal that it docked in Brisbane and its draught dropped so it definitely unloaded. There was also a photo proving it was docked.

Sick of waiting for an EDD, I texted Tesla yesterday asking what was going on and got an interesting reply:

We did get to see the ship on the shores of Brisbane but it did not get to unload, it is now making its way to Melbourne. This could be because the Brisbane port was busy and it couldn't dock once arrived. The EDD will update itself after it leaves Melbourne port as we can't control the estimated times until then. Thanks for your patience.

So according to Tesla, the Morning Crystal didn't dock or unload in Brisbane but this thread proves that to be not true. Is this a case of, they forgot to unload my car while it was in port? Has anyone else got confirmation of delivery or pick up dates for vehicles that arrived in Brisbane on the Crystal?
That is incorrect, give them a call. My car was on it & I'm picking it up this afternoon.

Reactions: jq371
If Sydney delieveries are occurring post February 17, I hate to think when mine will be. I am in Adelaide, MC hasnt even docked in Melbourne yet, and my EDD is February 14 to March 6. Seems very unlikely................
I think there's a backlog at Port Kembla and that some got on trucks pretty soon after (the people picking up next week) and then we wait. All heresay. But you guys will probably end up with them pretty quickly as it seems like a Sydney thing.

Reactions: Jason Ong
Did they change the schedule for MC for Melbourne to 26th again?
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 4.13.39 pm.png

Sorry to hear about the drama for Sydney people on the MC debacle. Let's hope

With the large number of cars, assuming delivery texts will be sent out over multiple days. I haven’t got delivery booking date yet and EDD still 1-22Feb. So let’s hope it’s been unloaded at PK and not still on the MC
Same edd before, then moved 1 day earlier, then sms to book delivery. Mine can be picked up as early as 30th.
IMG_5743.jpeg

Reactions: RichY3 and Bakso
So I responded to the text saying that the Morning Crystal didn't dock in Brisbane and that it went straight to Melbourne. Told them I know it unloaded and that cars are being delivered. I got a call from my original sales rep. He doubled down and said the MC didn't dock in Brisbane. I told him it did. He is going to triple check with operations. Something fishy going on here.

So I responded to the text saying that the Morning Crystal didn't dock in Brisbane and that it went straight to Melbourne. Told them I know it unloaded and that cars are being delivered. I got a call from my original sales rep. He doubled down and said the MC didn't dock in Brisbane. I told him it did. He is going to triple check with operations. Something fishy going on here.
What a bizarre thing! We all tracked it 😂