Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like LA enroute to Melbourne!

Attachments

• 1000005354.png
    1000005354.png
    511.5 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: bsbh
Why do you need roadside assistance for a Tesla? Doesn’t Tesla provide that?
Some things are only covered within an 80km radius of a SC or a charge will apply.

For example, if you get a flat / blowout and you are more than 80km from a SC, tough luck.
Run out of charge, they can tow you to a charger but you need to pay for it.

The roadside assist I will be getting (RACV) will cover these things at no cost.
It's worth getting for me as we are far more than 80km from a SC.
It covers our other cars.

Reactions: bsbh
What's people's thoughts on how much longer the 2023 builds will be trickling through the deliveries?
At least a couple of months with my uneducated guess.

By all reports there was A LOT of Model Ys on the Glovis Caravel that ended up being unassigned when the ship was refused entry, so it'll take them a while to get through those.

No one will be able to give a firm answer though.

They just moved my EDD by a day earlier. From Feb 14 - Mar 06 to Feb 13 - Mar 05.
Hi Jason and any other poor soul in Adelaide awaiting the arrival of their MY. I reached out to Tesla to enquire when my car might arrive into Adelaide. Got this response.

Hi Terry,

Thank you for your patience, as you have mentioned this process has been significantly longer than anyone expected.

We are hoping to see you car arrive into Adelaide end of next week - early the following week (19th) although still waiting for confirmation from the logistics team.

Hence why we have been prompting our customers who have already been extensively delayed to finalised funding so there are no further delays come delivery day.

Thanks, The Tesla Team

So if they "hope" (hope is not a plan), that my car will arrive at the end of next week, early the following week, the EDD that I have of Feb 14 to Mar 6, is at the very least fanciful. I assume that once it arrives in Adelaide, a magical fairy will need to bless the vehicle with Elon Musk sweat, and the delivery date will be closer to March 6.
They just moved my EDD by a day earlier. From Feb 14 - Mar 06 to Feb 13 - Mar 05. Maybe a little bit of hope that it’s coming soon hey? Lol

Last edited:
They just moved my EDD by a day earlier. From Feb 14 - Mar 06 to Feb 13 - Mar 05.

They just moved my EDD by a day earlier. From Feb 14 - Mar 06 to Feb 13 - Mar 05. Maybe a little bit of hope that it’s coming soon hey? Lol
😂 Who knows but I’d take it, is there someone deciding it’ll definitely take one day less or is it some type of automated system that guesses… I’m still 14-6 and with my luck here I’ll be lucky if that window still holds