Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right! Honestly I’ve spoken to people at the showroom about my performance model and they only know what I knew haha 😂
They're consistent on this. 😁

Tesla tells them nothing. I loved the story about them coming to work on a Friday, finding the Model Ys sitting in the showroom and being told that it's just gone on sale. Zero heads up for the workers on the front line, it's the silicon valley way.

They're consistent on this. 😁

Tesla tells them nothing. I loved the story about them coming to work on a Friday, finding the Model Ys sitting in the showroom and being told that it's just gone on sale. Zero heads up for the workers on the front line, it's the silicon valley way.
Why wouldn't Tesla tell them nothing ? It's easy to blame somebody for their own incompetence.

From what I read in the Chinese forum, their SAs are mostly on the ball. Compared to my SA (for both my M3 and MY), who knew literally nothing or he wouldn't bother to learn. I was at the showroom looking at the MY with a friend who bought a MYP

Me : what's the battery size of the MYP? Around 70 kWh?
SA : Umm..... somewhere around that
Me : the sign says the range is (say) 500 km. Is that based on NEDC WLTP EPA?????
SA : Ummmm........
Me : 0 to 100 in ?sec?
SA: .........

One would expect a SA to know the basics of the models. Mind you there are only 2 variants for the MY.

Why wouldn't Tesla tell them nothing ? It's easy to blame somebody for their own incompetence.

From what I read in the Chinese forum, their SAs are mostly on the ball. Compared to my SA (for both my M3 and MY), who knew literally nothing or he wouldn't bother to learn. I was at the showroom looking at the MY with a friend who bought a MYP

Me : what's the battery size of the MYP? Around 70 kWh?
SA : Umm..... somewhere around that
Me : the sign says the range is (say) 500 km. Is that based on NEDC WLTP EPA?????
SA : Ummmm........
Me : 0 to 100 in ?sec?
SA: .........

One would expect a SA to know the basics of the models. Mind you there are only 2 variants for the MY.
Interested to know - Does your friend have EDD FOR MYP?