Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that the information everyone is completing for their MYP orders is similar to what has been completed for RWD orders at the time of purchase. Do you think tesla is delaying asking for this information now to try and get a better idea on who will actually purchase the car? Surely with so many more cancellations these days they don't want to produce cars that will sit in inventory.

Reactions: Way Downunder
I know that the information everyone is completing for their MYP orders is similar to what has been completed for RWD orders at the time of purchase. Do you think tesla is delaying asking for this information now to try and get a better idea on who will actually purchase the car? Surely with so many more cancellations these days they don't want to produce cars that will sit in inventory.
Could be right, bit of a last minute filtering before they start the batch

Reactions: Way Downunder
I have also submitted the additional details (address, licence & payment details) today. I'm thinking of custom number plate, not sure about the process for custom number plate with Tesla.
Tesla doesn't install custom plates for you any more - in Melbourne my experience was asking them to give me the cheaper standard blue-on-white plates (in 1AA1AA format), rather than rather than the slimline white-on-black plates. On delivery day, I brought the custom plates I'd ordered, unscrewed the standard 1AA1AA format plates and screwed mine on before I left the Mulgrave site.

Reactions: AyRe
Does anyone know if it is normal that, after putting in your payment information, the Payment tab doesn’t have a tick next to it like the other tabs?

Tesla Account  Tesla Australia.png

If anyone is interested in seeing a review on accessories I recently purchased (console tray, non slip chrome brake pads and jack pads).
I have also ordered Weather floor mats and other accessories from Tessories and Tesla so will do a review of those and share as I receive them. Hope it helps. Cheers

My MYP delivery estimate has become TBD, was Jan to march 22, hope being more than 200km from a delivery centre (Tasmania) doesn't cause issues. Got some "don't recognise address" messages during the recent info updates but it seemed to complete ok. Any wisdom on all of this?

hope being more than 200km from a delivery centre (Tasmania) doesn't cause issues.
It means instead of collecting from the delivery centre the car will be delivered to you on the back of a truck.

And because it doesn't follow the standard delivery process the automated system doesn't know how to give you a date range, so the date will disappear until they've made the booking for that truck.

But you only need to look at the Model 3 thread to realise how useless the automated system is, you're just missing out on more anxiety.

If you'd like more insight on where your car is (what ship it's on, when it will arrive in Port Melbourne, when it's likely to cross the Bass straight etc) and a better estimated delivery date than Tesla's system could ever provide, I recommend signing up for the Vedaprime tracking service

Reactions: cafz
It means instead of collecting from the delivery centre the car will be delivered to you on the back of a truck.

And because it doesn't follow the standard delivery process the automated system doesn't know how to give you a date range, so the date will disappear until they've made the booking for that truck.

But you only need to look at the Model 3 thread to realise how useless the automated system is, you're just missing out on more anxiety.

If you'd like more insight on where your car is (what ship it's on, when it will arrive in Port Melbourne, when it's likely to cross the Bass straight etc) and a better estimated delivery date than Tesla's system could ever provide, I recommend signing up for the Vedaprime tracking service
Thanks for that, I think I will do as you recommend

I'd say that's a pretty reasonable guess. It's been almost 6mths since many ordered and with finance interest rates going up there might be some who no longer want their car but for some reason haven't cancelled yet.

Reactions: joseph.luppino