Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reuters are reporting a shutdown at end of December which might explain the proposed reduction in numbers. Gives me hope that they are still doing export cars this month but time will tell

Hopefully retooling for 2023 MYP updates , seats, HW4, new cameras, comfort suspension 🤞

The remaining top ten countries for the cheapest Model Y price included a four-way tie between Slovakia, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia ($44,323) for second, in addition to Japan ($46,300), New Zealand ($48,393), Macau ($49,509), France ($49,617) and Australia ($51,093), based on a multi-state average).

Where Can You Buy The Cheapest Tesla Model Y?
We recently learned that the Tesla Model Y costs over $100,000 in Singapore, and it's not cheap in the US. However, it's quite affordable in some markets.
insideevs.com
insideevs.com

A recent MYP delivery video review from a UK owner they also get MIC RHD so this will probably be same spec as us.but how crap is the lack of USS! The cameras do nothing it seems
Removing USS from vehicles that were ordered in AUS before they made the announcement that they were doing so may run foul of Aus consumer law as purchasers have ordered based on certain features being included in their order. That's why Tesla has to honour provision of the mobile charger for orders made before July 9.

Removing USS from vehicles that were ordered in AUS before they made the announcement that they were doing so may run foul of Aus consumer law as purchasers have ordered based on certain features being included in their order. That's why Tesla has to honour provision of the mobile charger for orders made before July 9.
@Sam26 if you received your MY in the past few weeks, could you please check and confirm if USS is included?

Saw 6xnew model Ys (4xwhite and 2x either black or blue) in a delivery truck going towards Mulgrave (VIC) site last night around 1am Sunday 11th.

I’m order says delivery between Dec 15 to 29. I’m wondering if the full shipment has arrived already?

@Sam26 if you received your MY in the past few weeks, could you please check and confirm if USS is included?
This article also makes for interesting reading in regard to Australian Design Rules particularly the field of vision and testing regime to ensure compliance with the design rules:

Whether the side cameras help Tesla meet its obligations would be interesting. Failure to comply with ADR would jeopardize Tesla's five star safety rating and remove the cars from sale. We already saw BYD remove the BYD Atto from sale whilst it made amendments to its child safety restraints that were deemed non-complaint to ADR. Cars that had already been delivered had to be modified to comply.

Tesla won't be able to argue that a future over the air update will fix things as non compliant ADR cars won't be able to be licensed or driven on Australian Roads.

So everything will turn on whether the rear facing camers alone (without USS) can measure up to the ADR testing regime for new orders post July 9 2022.

This article also makes for interesting reading in regard to Australian Design Rules particularly the field of vision and testing regime to ensure compliance with the design rules:

Whether the side cameras help Tesla meet its obligations would be interesting. Failure to comply with ADR would jeopardize Tesla's five star safety rating and remove the cars from sale. We already saw BYD remove the BYD Atto from sale whilst it made amendments to its child safety restraints that were deemed non-complaint to ADR. Cars that had already been delivered had to be modified to comply.

Tesla won't be able to argue that a future over the air update will fix things as non compliant ADR cars won't be able to be licensed or driven on Australian Roads.

So everything will turn on whether the rear facing camers alone (without USS) can measure up to the ADR testing regime for new orders post July 9 2022.
Just a post script: USS sensors for front facing are not mandated by ADR hence why many vehicles don't include these for front parking.
However given that USS front and back were included on MY and M3 before Tesla made its announcement in October 2022 that it was removing USS, those that ordered before this date have a right to expect that the cars they ordered will come with USS. It will be interesting to see how the ACCC will handle complaints about cars delivered without USS that were ordered before October 2022 if that eventuates.

However given that USS front and back were included on MY and M3 before Tesla made its announcement in October 2022 that it was removing USS, those that ordered before this date have a right to expect that the cars they ordered will come with USS. It will be interesting to see how the ACCC will handle complaints about cars delivered without USS that were ordered before October 2022 if that eventuates.
As long as they give you the opportunity to back out and get your $350 back (like the confirmation for radar removal), they will likely be fine with the law, because you've been made whole.

Not sure how to add new post. So replying to existing one.

Model Y Induction wheel.
How easy or difficult it is to replace them after taking delivery? They look soo cool...but wondering how can I get them for cheap? :)

I searched in Facebook Marketplace/Gumtree/FB Tesla buy sell group, but no listing for them. Thanks.

Not sure how to add new post. So replying to existing one.

Model Y Induction wheel.
How easy or difficult it is to replace them after taking delivery? They look soo cool...but wondering how can I get them for cheap? :)

I searched in Facebook Marketplace/Gumtree/FB Tesla buy sell group, but no listing for them. Thanks.

Cheapest way is to get some wheel covers that look like the Induction wheels. These go on your 19" wheels and give the look but not the price tag. Available from various places like Tessories, Aliexpress, Ebay etc
Otherwise you'll need to wait and see if anyone with the 20" wants to sell off their set if they are changing over to a different wheel set.
Last resort is buy a set from Tesla but this is probably the most expensive option

Reactions: Maximillan