Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY's being delivered now will miss out on HD radar (expected to come in from mid-Jan 2023 onwards). Why would anyone take delivery of one now?
There's no guarantee that the 2023 model will be better. This time last year those that missed out on their 2021 Model 3 SR+ ended up receiving a 2022 RWD with the AMD chip but with the less powerful motor.

Telsa giveth, but Tesla also taketh away.

Must’ve just missed the inventory of the MY’s in WA damn it.

I know WA seems to be the furthest ahead atm in terms of deliveries and from all the news, forums and social media the average wait time in WA is about 3 months but outside WA seems longer but I haven’t paid too much attention to that. Most VINs in the past few weeks have also been M3 heavy as there seems a massive backlog from MY production being prioritised.

I’ll be amazed if we seen anymore VINs assigned before years end due to focus on domestic production. The last week if the rumoured production isn’t cancelled, then I’d expect that to be the start of some export runs. I’m personally hoping the production run does drop for a week so I get a 2023 MY instead, at the risk of losing out on possible USS removal.

Teslas secretive so nothing is confirmed for next year in terms of USS removal and HD radar which could be irrelevant to M3/MY but that’s anyone’s guess.

Just to add a bit of context as I've seen alot talk about when to expect a RWD MY. I ordered 22/6 in QLD and I still have an expected date of Feb to May 2023. I think the posts you see of people getting deliveries within 6 weeks are the exception and there are likely plenty of people who ordered in June still waiting.

Must’ve just missed the inventory of the MY’s in WA damn it.

I know WA seems to be the furthest ahead atm in terms of deliveries and from all the news, forums and social media the average wait time in WA is about 3 months but outside WA seems longer but I haven’t paid too much attention to that. Most VINs in the past few weeks have also been M3 heavy as there seems a massive backlog from MY production being prioritised.

I’ll be amazed if we seen anymore VINs assigned before years end due to focus on domestic production. The last week if the rumoured production isn’t cancelled, then I’d expect that to be the start of some export runs. I’m personally hoping the production run does drop for a week so I get a 2023 MY instead, at the risk of losing out on possible USS removal.

Teslas secretive so nothing is confirmed for next year in terms of USS removal and HD radar which could be irrelevant to M3/MY but that’s anyone’s guess.

I'm pretty sure there were only 3s in the Perth inventory.

Reactions: Dannerz
Ordered white MY in October, picking it up tomorrow. Considered turning it down for the HD radar, but sounds like you would need a mid Jan build which means a mid March/April delivery.. that’s $3000 of petrol for me. And I’d rather be sure of getting USS.

Just to add a bit of context as I've seen alot talk about when to expect a RWD MY. I ordered 22/6 in QLD and I still have an expected date of Feb to May 2023. I think the posts you see of people getting deliveries within 6 weeks are the exception and there are likely plenty of people who ordered in June still waiting.
Nooooooo! I ordered in early September! I have long to wait.

FearlessSourHornet-max-1mb.gif

Ordered white MY in October, picking it up tomorrow. Considered turning it down for the HD radar, but sounds like you would need a mid Jan build which means a mid March/April delivery.. that’s $3000 of petrol for me. And I’d rather be sure of getting USS.
I wonder, how they decide the order of production. Some those who ordered in June is waiting! I'm trying to figure out an estimate for September orders.

Which state are you in? And which colour did you opt for?

Reactions: alliwantisaY