Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MYP on day 4 (13 June) and I have been - for a long time and still am - Feb-May eDD. From memory on that day 4 it was predicting something like Dec-Feb or even an earlier EDD range in the morning (not exactly sure) but by the time I actually put my order in early afternoon, I ended up in 2023. It may not have been Feb-May even then, but it has been for a long time at least since July if not that actual order day.

So you are missing a Tranch 2 being after sometime the first third or fourth order day and up until people started getting start months later than Feb 23. I think that has only happened in the past few weeks. And I think your Tranch 2 should be Tranch 3.

regards.

Yup I think we are saying the same thing. The first 2 tranches for MYP were combined into one group that I referred to and tranche 3 wasn't created until after that was done so I just called that 2 because it replaced 2.

How do you know where pickup is? I never got this option nor does this option show up on mine? I ordered online and cannot see anything anywhere regarding pickup location? To be honest I don’t care where pick up is. I just want the car asap lol
you should have been asked when confirming details in the pre delivery phase, when they ask about finance, trade in etc. they also ask about pickup location.

Yup I think we are saying the same thing. The first 2 tranches for MYP were combined into one group that I referred to and tranche 3 wasn't created until after that was done so I just called that 2 because it replaced 2.
any significance in this for prospective Perth owners?

Attachments

• thermopylae.JPG
    thermopylae.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 84
I just rang to ask if Chatswood is particularly busy or delayed and I was read the standard port congestion, nothing to do with locations etc. The phone person didn’t know anything about one delivery centre having different dates to other centres. So just to see what happens, I asked to be changed from Chatswood back to Alexandria. Will be interesting to see if this makes any difference in bringing my dates forward or not. Will also be interesting to see if others who have Alexandria or Miranda pickup eventually get moved to late March as well.

any significance in this for prospective Perth owners?

I don't believe so. If Tesla was using a transcontinental ship to get cars from east coast to Perth, like it used to, then the vins would have been assigned when they were on their ship to Oz.
The transcontinental ships that were pre-arranged to get cars off international Armacup and take to Perth are on the Armacup schedule and are Arc Commitment to pick up Viking Passima and Paglia cars. With port delays who knows if that still lines up for Armacup schedule and the schedule wasn't updated yesterday like normal.
But I don't think we are on there, regardless, or we'd have gotten vins when east coast got their vins.

Reactions: Dannerz
I don't believe so. If Tesla was using a transcontinental ship to get cars from east coast to Perth, like it used to, then the vins would have been assigned when they were on their ship to Oz.
The transcontinental ships that were pre-arranged to get cars off international Armacup and take to Perth are on the Armacup schedule and are Arc Commitment to pick up Viking Passima and Paglia cars. With port delays who knows if that still lines up for Armacup schedule and the schedule wasn't updated yesterday like normal.
But I don't think we are on there, regardless, or we'd have gotten vins when east coast got their vins.

😭

Thanks for this. I honestly do not remember which one I chose back then in June. Do you think the reason why you and I are 26 Feb to 19 Mar whereas others are 22 Mar to 15 Feb is just because of pickup location?
I think I got asked in December when they send me the “step 2” part of pre-delivery. I don’t seem to be able to find where it says it today though.

In regards to the dates, there’s so many variables and unknowns: it could be because of us being on Viking Passama which was 2 days after Paglia. Or it could be because the trucks going to Miranda are scheduled 2 days after. We’ll never know…

The strange ones are the ones that got pushed an entire month away, which makes you think the car was actually not on the boats.

Reactions: yesyesyes88
@aussiericky , seems you may be in the Sutherland Shire like me?
I plan to get the front windows tinted and am considering PPF for the front of the vehicle. Have you considered either of these and if so any recommendations? TIA
Hey mate, yeah I am indeed in God’s Country. 😉
I am no expert in either tinting or paint protection. I got recommended by a local to get tinting at UV protection in Guildford (9721 1000), but haven’t organised it yet.
For PPF I am not sure I want it, but was considering ceramic coating. I know it’s a different purpose but still undecided.

I think I got asked in December when they send me the “step 2” part of pre-delivery. I don’t seem to be able to find where it says it today though.

In regards to the dates, there’s so many variables and unknowns: it could be because of us being on Viking Passama which was 2 days after Paglia. Or it could be because the trucks going to Miranda are scheduled 2 days after. We’ll never know…

The strange ones are the ones that got pushed an entire month away, which makes you think the car was actually not on the boats.
I’m sure they’re on the ship…as brissy already got theirs delivered.

Hey mate, yeah I am indeed in God’s Country. 😉
I am no expert in either tinting or paint protection. I got recommended by a local to get tinting at UV protection in Guildford (9721 1000), but haven’t organised it yet.
For PPF I am not sure I want it, but was considering ceramic coating. I know it’s a different purpose but still undecided.
Thanks mate.. I’ve seen plenty of places recommended on the Whirlpool forum but don’t recall any recommendations down south. I’ll sniff around a bit more and let you know what I come up with.

Reactions: aussiericky
im looking forward to the s**tstorm that is Melbourne port. Port website is showing arrivals out to 21st Feb already. With any luck Paglia will dock in around 24-25th Feb.

I assume I will be one of the first picking up from their new Port Melbourne DC so will be interesting to see how much time this cuts down from unloading to delivery. Labour day long weekend on March 13th is calling my name for a nice long car cruise (in my new car of course)
Paglia due tonight 18 Feb into Melbourne. When does it dock though...

I wonder who bears the cost for port delay.
The shipping company obviously would like to turn the ship around as quickly as possible, having it anchored for any period of time is not doing them any good.
And I doubt the port or local jurisdiction would bear that cost.
The shipping lines would factor predicted delays into fee charged to auto makers.
In early days when not many Tesla ordered for Melb it was cheaper to truck down from PK. Now its cheaper to have the armada of cars booked for Vic & Tas sit at anchorage for weeks on end.