Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry folks...in English this time😂
I ordered my MYP on day 0 complete with FSD. My final invoice shows a build date of 12/01. Should I be worried given it will be HW3/FSD and HW4 may be just around the corner?
there is no way of anybody knowing for sure but would most likely only see it X and S + cybertruck way before it is 3/Y. That’s what I would speculate until we hear something official.

I ordered my MYP on day 0 complete with FSD. My final invoice shows a build date of 12/01. Should I be worried given it will be HW3/FSD and HW4 may be just around the corner?
I think you should be more worried that you’re paying extra luxury tax because you added FSD before delivery, instead of after.
The HW3/HW4 is all speculation as nothing has been announced about it.

Hi,
Long time lurker first time poster.
Order date 2 December 2022, MY Blue with black interior.

Question - I’m considering swapping out for the induction wheels. If I do should I expect the EDD to extend as a result?

Kind of want them, but not keen to drop in the queue for a set of wheels.

Thanks all 👌

Hi,
Long time lurker first time poster.
Order date 2 December 2022, MY Blue with black interior.

Question - I’m considering swapping out for the induction wheels. If I do should I expect the EDD to extend as a result?

Kind of want them, but not keen to drop in the queue for a set of wheels.

Thanks all 👌
design changes before VIN assignment SHOULD NOT impact queue. I did remove FSD 10 days after I ordered the car on launch day and it didn’t make a difference. I checked with the SA at Tesla and he said to go ahead. That was a software change, yours is different but I still believe no change should affect your priority because your production slot has not even started.

design changes before VIN assignment SHOULD NOT impact queue. I did remove FSD 10 days after I ordered the car on launch day and it didn’t make a difference. I checked with the SA at Tesla and he said to go ahead. That was a software change, yours is different but I still believe no change should affect your priority because your production slot has not even started.
Cheers.

Are you still waiting for the blessed day of delivery? Feel for the folk who ordered so long ago and are still waiting.

So have a bit of a dilemma. Based on what i read this morning on Teslerati that Q1 export run is complete its probably safe to say my MY order wont arrive until May (placed in Nov for Sydney). My current ICE vehicle isn’t going to last much longer so i need a replacement to tied me over.

I know Tesla have M3 instock for delivery now (confirmed with my advisor). Im almost at the point of purchasing one and then trading it in May when the MY arrives. The one thing i cant work out is what a relatively new M3 would trade for, any thoughts?

I own my own business so would be able to instant depreciate and claim GST which would give me a buffer for the trade. Open to any ideas

You’re actually paying over $13K ( inc LCT) for something that does not work and may not be approved for use in Australia for many years, still loads of issues in the US with FSD Beta and just been recalled due to US Road safety (NHTSA) legal action. I removed it from my order and will reconsider on my next car in 3-5 years .. should have all the bugs ironed out by then !

Also check out @greentheonky posts on Twitter as it looks like HW3 can’t be retrofitted to HW4 anyway ( I think musk also confirmed that) so even if you pay the bucks for FSD you won’t have the “latest n greatest”

( maybe spend the $13K on TSLA stock and it might pay for your next car in 5 years 😆)

Last edited:
You’re actually paying over $13K ( inc LCT) for something that does not work and may not be approved for use in Australia for many years, still loads of issues in the US with FSD Beta and just been recalled due to US Road safety (NHTSA) legal action. I removed it from my order and will reconsider on my next car in 3-5 years .. should have all the bugs ironed out by then !

Also check out @greentheonky posts on Twitter as it looks like HW3 can’t be retrofitted to HW4 anyway ( I think musk also confirmed that) so even if you pay the bucks for FSD you won’t have the “latest n greatest”

( maybe spend the $13K on TSLA stock and it might pay for your next car in 5 years 😆)
I’m a geek at heart, so I will probably spend the money for EAP after delivery just to play with the tech. I agree that in Australia FSD does not make sense mostly because they have not run enough miles over here to train the AI. The NHSTA thing is just political claptrap. In the US FSD works really well but still not ready for public release.
I think Musk said HW4 is not needed for FSD which means that the option to retrofit it is probably very low.
The only info on it is that will start with Cybertruck which is to be released (maybe!) end of this year, but won’t go in mass production until 2024 anyway (down under 2026?).

I'd disagree with this, I changed my build last week and I've been pushed 3 months :(
That’s unlucky, but to be fair you changed it when already within the window (Feb-May) and the new one you have is overlapping with the original, so you can’t be sure you have actually been delayed.
It’s much of a muchness to be honest. Some people change their configuration and get an earlier date!

So have a bit of a dilemma. Based on what i read this morning on Teslerati that Q1 export run is complete its probably safe to say my MY order wont arrive until May (placed in Nov for Sydney). My current ICE vehicle isn’t going to last much longer so i need a replacement to tied me over.

I know Tesla have M3 instock for delivery now (confirmed with my advisor). Im almost at the point of purchasing one and then trading it in May when the MY arrives. The one thing i cant work out is what a relatively new M3 would trade for, any thoughts?

I own my own business so would be able to instant depreciate and claim GST which would give me a buffer for the trade. Open to any ideas
Well there is still a chance that a RWD car ultimately destined for you has been made but not shipped yet. It seems the VIns are assigned when the ships are on the water and close to port. We have no idea (noone does) on RHD production numbers let alone by your variant and destination (Sydney). Nor do we know how many RWD customers are in front of you in your particular queue (again not just date&time of order but also variant and destination). That report did say that they have large stocks produced still to be assigned to ships and despatched so you probably won't know until late March or April whether there is a chance of getting one by end of May, or whether your dates move to Apr-Jun which seems to be the next window. If a lot of peoples dates start moving on here then that is an indication that the Quarterly production for us has run out. Of course the current shipping delays at Oz ports looks likely to add at least a month to many deliveries and it seems to be getting worse not better, and these things are like traffic jams anywhere, they escalate.

I don't know but I suspect you could easily drop $10K on a buy then tradein, given Tesla themselves do not handle the secondhand cars, they go straight to resellers which is a very "sharp" business with relatively large margins. No one (let alone Tesla Australia) will do you a favour. You'd surely be better off selling privately to someone looking for an M3 who also doesn't want to wait. Spending three or four grand on keeping your current car going is possibly another option? e.g. replacement drivetrain from a wrecker.

Maybe keep a very sharp eye on Telsa MY inventory around Australia, there are likely to be a few Y RWDs pop up towards the end of the quarterly production run (quite a few M3's have) and it would be far cheaper to snap one up and then ship it home than drop the $$$$ on a secondhand one. These would be from people getting cold feet at the time of settlement, bought something else, etc. WA may be the best bet as they seem to get the best stocks.

This is all just my uniformed but interested opinion. Our 15 year old Golf is also on its last legs, just hoping it hangs in for a few more months.
Cheers