Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol how does Passama have an arrival due through Vic Port but Paglia doesn't.

Feels like Paglia might have some quarantine issues onboard as it's been slow to move through ports.
Looks like Bay anchorage outer is the Port Philip bay anchorage area, note they don't have a computer system designation for Outside heads anchorage/accumulation area. Boats seem to enter no man's land then the inner anchorage area. Their destination is port of Melbourne until they get there then they enter the dark hole off-shore. Then they proceed to either anchorage inside the heads or a dock. Will be interesting to see if VP goes dark in terms of the port's systems while it waits its turn to enter the heads. My guess the computer was never designed to have lots of outside the heads boats queing up (they have inside parking after all). I also reckon they like to keep moving as those big heavy fuel oil engines don't like to get too cold..... by being turned off for too long. Would be interesting to hear from a big ship engineer. Just chewing the situation over, please understand.

Reactions: joseph.luppino
Got the text & booked for Alexandria within a couple of minutes of getting it. Shame it interferes with school sport. Friday wasn't an option, so you guys must have beaten me to it. :)

With all the kerfuffle of the dates moving back by a month when I changed to Chatswood, I wonder if the car was already en route to Alexandria, with a change to Chatswood requiring a re-transportation that may have added weeks.

Anyone actually picking up from Chatswood?

On the Vicports website you can see they expect around 10-12 ships to arrive per day. The actual number of arrivals the last few days has been close to that, maybe slightly less which means unless they haven't updated their expected arrivals Viking Passama really shouldn't be much later than it's current expected date, the 24th.

That's what I'm telling myself anyway... 😝