Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD updated today from Feb - May23 to March 11 - April 01 and then March 8 - March 29 with no Hidden VIN
Normally specific EDD changes like this would go hand in hand with a hidden VIN.

See earlier posts in this thread - make sure you're using the Chrome extension, or manually search the source code of your "product-finalize" page for LRWY.

Don't use the "api" page that's still recommended on various "how to find your VIN" sites as that page no longer works.

And if you have any "tasks" that are not completed - or have a trade-in that you haven't accepted or rejected - it can suppress the hidden VIN.

Reactions: alliwantisaY
Order date: 20 June 2022
Just received an Estimated Delivery date of March 8 to March 29. It shows a form "Application for Vehicle Registration". Do I need to fill and sign this form? If yes, to whom should I send it to?

Hi All,

I ordered a Model Y RWD 19" Wheels (Blue with Black Interior) on August 10th 2022. My delivery time frame is Feb-May 2023.

Question: Is the VIN generally assigned when the ship is approaching the port in Australia loaded with cars ?

Also how realistic is the delivery date of Feb-May 2023 ? From what I have read Tesla are still delivering cars from July 22.

I am located in Melbourne.
Hi there
I'm in Melbourne too and ordered the exact same spec on 5 July. EDD is still Feb-May. From reading endless threads I think the VIN is assigned on the boat at some point. Fingers crossed for some news soon.

Order date: 20 June 2022
Just received an Estimated Delivery date of March 8 to March 29. It shows a form "Application for Vehicle Registration". Do I need to fill and sign this form? If yes, to whom should I send it to?
It appears that my order has just updated to Mar 8 - Mar 29 as well, however there is no mention of paperwork to be completed. Does anyone know if that is normal given that others like @Ash12 has.

My brother ordered a MYP in white colour only 3-4 weeks ago and his date now shows 9/3 to 30/3.
A Tesla Advisor, when questioned regarding build dates, mentioned that the RH MY were no longer being built within first few weeks of each quarter for RH markets. I found this interesting - in line with dates mentioned in above post. Anyone else aware of this or is this information provided by Advisor not 100% accurate?

It appears that my order has just updated to Mar 8 - Mar 29 as well, however there is no mention of paperwork to be completed. Does anyone know if that is normal given that others like @Ash12 has.
In your Tesla account, if you don't see the "Application for Vehicle Registration" form under 'Completed Tasks', then go to 'Next Steps' section and follow the prompts to complete the registration details so that Tesla can send you a Registration form. This is what I understood so far.

Reactions: singo79
A Tesla Advisor, when questioned regarding build dates, mentioned that the RH MY were no longer being built within first few weeks of each quarter for RH markets. I found this interesting - in line with dates mentioned in above post. Anyone else aware of this or is this information provided by Advisor not 100% accurate?
Shanghai gigafactory splits the quarterly runs into local and export markets and of these a smaller subset is dedicated RHD.
I don’t know the actual schedule at this stage but if you look on Twitter, for example on WuWa’s feed, he tends to mention what runs are happening when he takes drone videos.

Reactions: JNTOZ
11pm launch day order of a MYP. Initial delivery estimate was Jan- March. That changed yesterday to TBD. No Vin. Hopefully that means the car has slipped into the HW4 update production queue.
Got a delivery date update, March 20-March 31. Assume it's probably already on a boat, but no VIN (or even hidden VIN). If the car doesn't have AP4 hardware, what are the repercussions of cancelling? Just cop a $350 hit and re order, or do they stop you re ordering? (Did the same for a AP1 Model S when AP2 was announced, had to eat a $2k deposit from memory, but could reorder).

Got a delivery date update, March 20-March 31. Assume it's probably already on a boat, but no VIN (or even hidden VIN). If the car doesn't have AP4 hardware, what are the repercussions of cancelling? Just cop a $350 hit and re order, or do they stop you re ordering? (Did the same for a AP1 Model S when AP2 was announced, had to eat a $2k deposit from memory, but could reorder).
There is no chance it has HW4. They have just got approval to put some on refresh S and X and I’m talking the computer, not even the camera changes.
If you want to get a car with HW4 you surely have to cancel, cop the $350 loss and then wait until someone gets a delivery later this year or the next that confirms HW4 in the production line for Shanghai. Seems a bad idea to me but do what you like.

There is no chance it has HW4. They have just got approval to put some on refresh S and X and I’m talking the computer, not even the camera changes.
If you want to get a car with HW4 you surely have to cancel, cop the $350 loss and then wait until someone gets a delivery later this year or the next that confirms HW4 in the production line for Shanghai. Seems a bad idea to me but do what you like.
AP4 cars have been delivered to European customers already, with headlight cameras and new computer. (Model X has already been photographed and published online).