Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those hoping to add a referral code to their order now that the Referral program has been restarted (it ended in September/October 2021), you are out of luck unfortunately. Tesla Australia advised today that credits are only available if you use a referral code when ordering. So its stiff cheddar for those that ordered in the period between when the previous scheme ended in September 21 and the new one starting yesterday. SC staff won't add your code into existing orders as they used to do under the old program.
The only way apparently, is to cancel your order, forfeit the ($350 or $400) booking fee, reorder and re-queue.

Heaps of Model Ys on inventory in ACT. What is going on? Can someone please explain? The one I ordered is there as well.
ACT Stock are the same vehicles that are showing in NSW Stock.

They've been assigned to a region and pending to be assigned to existing orders - should no existing orders match, they are available to 'buy now'.
Just keep in mind, because "Buy Now" is listed on the website, that car may already be sold or be assigned to an order. Takes while to update.

Last edited:
ACT Stock are the same vehicles that are showing in NSW Stock.

They've been assigned to a region and pending to be assigned to existing orders - should no existing orders match, they are available to 'buy now'.
Just keep in mind, because "Buy Now" is listed on the website, that car may already be sold or be assigned to an order. Takes while to update.
There's definitely matches.
Mine matches, however my EDD is still Feb to May. Ordered in December.

I think it's a glitch. I've emailed SA so let's see.

There are over 10+ RWDs and even more MYPs on most states currently sitting in the inventory. I heard there are people who rang Tesla to "transfer" order to the ones in inventory to save on the deposit. I also read there is one person who just went and purchased from the inventory without any existing orders. So I guess it's free for all to grab. Feeling bad for the ones still waiting since last year.

Tesla don’t give a **** they just want to move volumes of cars. Many of us have waited 9+ months ( 9 for MYP) now you can just buy one off the shelf.. very annoying. Even worse if all this Highland/HW4 stuff is true as we are all ready buying a superseded product.

Plus all the scalpers have cancelled their orders now they realise they can’t make a quick $15-20k like they did on Ford Raptors et al.

There are over 10+ RWDs and even more MYPs on most states currently sitting in the inventory. I heard there are people who rang Tesla to "transfer" order to the ones in inventory to save on the deposit. I also read there is one person who just went and purchased from the inventory without any existing orders. So I guess it's free for all to grab. Feeling bad for the ones still waiting since last year.
Nope, my friend wanted to change and called up a few times. Buy from inventory is treated as a new order and there is no ETA either.

D21678B4-3EAF-45C1-9C62-0626C0458F08.jpeg

Tesla don’t give a **** they just want to move volumes of cars. Many of us have waited 9+ months ( 9 for MYP) now you can just buy one off the shelf.. very annoying. Even worse if all this Highland/HW4 stuff is true as we are all ready buying a superseded product.

Plus all the scalpers have cancelled their orders now they realise they can’t make a quick $15-20k like they did on Ford Raptors et al.
I think all the inventory cars are cancelled orders because HW4 is imminent. Leaks happened a little too early.

It's easily 2024+ to even start considering HW4 on MYs here.

Most of those cancelled orders are due to changed economic situation, rising interest rates etc. People like Tesla Tom due to $$ rather than HW4.

End of the day you can wait another 1 year + if you want for HW4, but the projection is incorrect that others are focussed on that. Remembering Tesla will likely remove stuff like USS from HW4 cars anyway.

Just got off the phone with one of the Alexandria reps - apparently that was a system glitch that showed all combinations of RWD available on the website - they should be allocated to matching orders first
I've noticed they've all disappeared from inventory just now too

second that - just spoke to the Melbourne guys...this is a glitch and he assured me at best those are End march/April deliveries..its also a spiral circle - delays from Melbourne will be delayed in reaching out to shanghai and vice versa.

I also checked the reason for so many MYPs cancellations/inventory - the response was rising interest rates + excess inventory of MYP dispatched.

Also, these guys are checking with fleet teams at port "daily" and positioning even if they can dock for a few hours etc...guess they all are trying but here things are outside their jurisdiction...bloody Port management has to lift up their game!

second that - just spoke to the Melbourne guys...this is a glitch and he assured me at best those are End march/April deliveries..its also a spiral circle - delays from Melbourne will be delayed in reaching out to shanghai and vice versa.

I also checked the reason for so many MYPs cancellations/inventory - the response was rising interest rates + excess inventory of MYP dispatched.

Also, these guys are checking with fleet teams at port "daily" and positioning even if they can dock for a few hours etc...guess they all are trying but here things are outside their jurisdiction...bloody Port management has to lift up their gamYep