Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you elaborate - stiff, smooth, rebound? bumps/cracks in the road? does it feel like its been 'tuned' to be less stiff than standard?
Hi mate.
My subjective option is that the suspension is actually really good. I would not describe it as harsh as some described the early Model Y’s. After following various forums I believe it probably has been tweaked.
It is not as stiff as the AMG A45 my wife used to drive but it still leaves you with a sense of purpose.
We went for a drive today on various roads from residential streets through to a burn on the M5. We both agreed it was smooth and very comfortable.

Hi mate.
My subjective option is that the suspension is actually really good. I would not describe it as harsh as some described the early Model Y’s. After following various forums I believe it probably has been tweaked.
It is not as stiff as the AMG A45 my wife used to drive but it still leaves you with a sense of purpose.
We went for a drive today on various roads from residential streets through to a burn on the M5. We both agreed it was smooth and very comfortable.
As far as I can tell you got the MYP ( Australian Model Y Waiting Room ) which may have better suspension.

Does anybody with the MY RWD have an update on suspension?

Reactions: GazzaK
Has anyone had any success picking up their vehicle despite funds being with Tesla for less than 48hrs? Have been notified funds have to be cleared for 48hrs before we can collect car, but settlement is being processed as we speak so might be cutting it fine for our Thursday pick up :(. Going through Maxxia who utilise Angle Auto Finance for the novated leasing.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 153102.jpg

Anybody know where the final invoice appears on the order page?

View attachment 912152
We didn't get ours until
View attachment 912152
Ours didn't come through until the trade in team had given us a trade in offer that had to be approved by us but via Maxxia our novated lease company, and after the approvals for the trade in had been accepted and all documentation signed, then it was back with Tesla to generate a final invoice. Hope that helps

Has anyone had any success picking up their vehicle despite funds being with Tesla for less than 48hrs? Have been notified funds have to be cleared for 48hrs before we can collect car, but settlement is being processed as we speak so might be cutting it fine for our Thursday pick up :(. Going through Maxxia who utilise Angle Auto Finance for the novated leasing.
Yes mine cleared yesterday afternoon. I'm about to pick up in next half hour

I remember someone posted a few days before as how you can track which ship is carrying your car. Anyone could confirm that how we can potentially check that without using Vedaprime :)
This can only be done with cars travelling to the West coast through here - RoRo

Molace doesnt supply East coast so tracking doest apply the same.

East coast deliveries are typically through - Asia to Oceania | Armacup. Once you get a VIN and a build date you can usually work backwards to see what boat your on.

Reactions: advertisingfre
I remember someone posted a few days before as how you can track which ship is carrying your car. Anyone could confirm that how we can potentially check that without using Vedaprime :)
It’s worth joining @Vedaprime tracking tier if only for a short term, as he has a lot more intel and knowledge about how it all works. ( information that is not permitted to be shared here or FB etc )

You mean like the dude who got told his car was on ship X but it was actually on ship Y?
Are you sure that's really what happened?

You're paying for an educated guess largely from primarily open source reporting.
No, you're paying for years of experience in the field plus access to (paid) data sources that isn't worth getting for only a single vehicle.

I understand if you don't think it's worth the money, but please at least stick to the facts.

Reactions: Robbo_707