Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can read back a couple of pages and that is definitely what happened.

Regarding facts, it seems like the paid service does not get that right, which is a pretty basic requirement I would have thought.

And again, you are paying for an educated guess largely from primarily open source reporting. You can literally read his patreon subscription to confirm this.

The service will be providing insight of the likely ship candidate for your Tesla based on the collective data we have
= educated guess

The data sources used in Vedaprime are from both public and other sources.
Open source = publicly available information.

I'm sure you could pay someone a monthly subscription to fact check my post?

It's clear that the service provides some people some value. And it's a very niche service.

Even though I don't use the service because I'm happy to just wait out whatever due date Tesla gives me I'm happy that the service exists because it means that we have a passionate and enthusiastic community that will setup things like this.

I also have a friend that says Veda's service is a must. So I can empathize.

This same passion drives the people that make all the accessories I've bought for my car-to-be. So, to the makers out there, keep it coming!

got my EDD 31 March - 21 April
MYP ordered 30th June Melbourne
no VIN yet
So did I! Ordered 13 June and it just changed from Feb-May to the same window as yours, but I only know because your post prompted me to check in my account - but I've had no email or text msg notification! In fact I am sure I have not had a single text, email or phone call from Tesla since putting my reservation in last June.
Sadly, we are going to be away from 14 April to 2 May so I can bet with port trouble we will be having problems organising a delivery date. I do have a VIN (hidden). No RAV entry yet though.

Correction - I got one "Prepare for Delivery" email last December. Yay.

Last edited:
Reactions: alliwantisaY
So did I! Ordered 13 June and it just changed from Feb-May to the same window as yours, but I only know because your post prompted me to check in my account - but I've had no email or text msg notification! In fact I am sure I have not had a single text, email or phone call from Tesla since putting my reservation in Last June.
Yes that seems to be the Tesla shopping experience.

Went down to the store today even though all the cars that were showing up last night had been removed by that time. I was trying to get an idea of where they are at with delivery for the Feb - May window. He didn't even listen, he just said "as per the website, Apr - June". They are probably sick of getting asked this question I guess.

He went back to his chair as quickly as he came to greet me, when I told him I have already ordered :)

View attachment 912133
View attachment 912134

View attachment 912135

It’s happened. It’s here. I got it. Best thing I’ve ever seen. The red is actually darker in person and looks fabulous. It’s as fast as you’d think. Mind blowing car. I’ll add custom plates this week saying RIKY so if you see me around Sydney please wave! 👋
Congrats to everyone on the purchase of this amazing piece of tech. 🎉

Looks amazing. Thats my configuration too. Cant wait, but as a Jan 8 orderer, will be a while for me.

How massive, do you know?

I have mine (MY RWD) ordered on 29 Dec. Still no VIN as of today.
I guess I'll get back to this thread very often at least for the next a couple of months.

It was a few thousand.
I assume your delivery window is Feb-May '23? You still have 3 months in your window for your VIN to arrive so I wouldn't panic yet considering you haven't been waiting long.
Best advice is to assume May then get super excited if it comes early.

picked up MYP

Quick takes

Never test drove a Y but can confirm the suspension is softer than my M3P (2022)

Love the flat ledge on the driver window so I can rest my elbow comfortably. Small thing but huge convenience.

Rear window view is tiny basically hard to get a read on anything but close distance behind. I went out for a drive tonight and can easily compensate by using side mirrors for more view so not to much of an issue.

Aircon was not really any different to the Model 3

Extremely happy with it.

Not that this is anything to write home about, but for the first time in my experience with Teslas, I got two consecutive updates within hours of each other. 2023.2.10 then 2023.2.12 which brought it up to my M3 version

It was a few thousand.
I assume your delivery window is Feb-May '23? You still have 3 months in your window for your VIN to arrive so I wouldn't panic yet considering you haven't been waiting long.
Best advice is to assume May then get super excited if it comes early.
Yes you're right, can confirm my window is Feb-May '23. I was kinda hoping it'll come in early April or late March, but after reading the older pages I think the queue is a bit long.

Hi Guys,
I am sure there will be multiple posts about accessories here. But too difficult to go through entire room chats to search them.
Can you please recommend must accessories for MY RWD? And from where to get them please!
TIA

Yes you're right, can confirm my window is Feb-May '23. I was kinda hoping it'll come in early April or late March, but after reading the older pages I think the queue is a bit long.
I posted this earlier but Tesla reps are comfortable enough to share that the current VIN assignment process is basically up to late June/ early July. That means we're through the magnitude of the first day but still a lot more to come before we get to later in the year. I am RWD late July out of QLD so when I get a narrower EDD or a VIN, I shall post here. This will then be a marker of end of July east coast orders.

My first observations:
1: When I drove her home yesterday, I planted it from the lights and when my head hit the head rest I said “holy f&$k”. I was in the car by myself! 😂
2: I love the steering
3: I love the suspension
4: I love how she goes ‘boing’ when the lights change green and I don’t notice
5: No rear parcel shelf. I don’t care because I love her ass.
6: Sitting here in the shopping center carpark watching Netflix while my wife is picking up a few things.
7: Insurance. Went with NRMA. From memory 1K excess > around 2 K premium.
Congrats on your delivery! Any comments on the sound system?

Reactions: 1001
picked up MYP

Quick takes

Never test drove a Y but can confirm the suspension is softer than my M3P (2022)

Love the flat ledge on the driver window so I can rest my elbow comfortably. Small thing but huge convenience.

Rear window view is tiny basically hard to get a read on anything but close distance behind. I went out for a drive tonight and can easily compensate by using side mirrors for more view so not to much of an issue.

Aircon was not really any different to the Model 3

Extremely happy with it.

Not that this is anything to write home about, but for the first time in my experience with Teslas, I got two consecutive updates within hours of each other. 2023.2.10 then 2023.2.12 which brought it up to my M3 version
Great to hear - any feedback on sound system - impressed?