Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first got my M3 I purchased one from the US (pre-delivery) which works fine with the car
goddamn, that's a bit steep. Was it worth it?
Nevermind, I just read your later post about it being useful when you don't have your phone on you.
Did you just order it through the Tesla US website? How would delivery work, hoping they deliver internationally.

Last edited:
I paid $620ea for factory sized 19" MYLR tyres for Geminis (will be swapping out the 21" MYP Überturbines). So maybe 21" tyres are even more, because my price for the 19s was the cheapest I could find. But I did get the Michelin Pilot Sport EVs (they come in factory in the 20" MY wheels in Australia), instead of the Hankooks.
How much were the Michelin Pilots for the 20' MY wheels?

I asked for port melb but was told i have to go mulgrave bc i live in eastern suburbs. Port is for west customers.
they didnt ask me - just dropped a text for port mel...irrespective bit disappointed they way this whole thing is managed...understand tesla position but common - has to be better both in terms of Tesla and bloody Port authorities have to lift their game!!

Mine now pushed back to March 11-31. Day1, 1st hour order, MYP White/Black.

I am still hopeful for Friday next week but probably the week after I think with the short week. It's pretty painful & if I had been made aware of the disaster that is Port Melbourne ports before ordering I would have made the delivery to Sydney, flown up, & driven it down. For anyone looking at ordering in Melbourne something to consider

Reactions: krylonos
I'm in Syd and my EDD is, currently, holding steady from Mar 8 to 29. Obviously that could change but I speculate mine is on the Turandot: TURANDOT, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9070450 - VesselFinder

It says it's arrived in Brisbane so, have any Brisbane people been getting updated dates / messages?
I'm in Canberra and My Delivery date is also same (Mar 8 - 29). My guess is that its on Turandot which is scheduled to arrive at Brisbane port on Mar 12 from Anchorage. Fingers crossed that it gets an early slot and then no more delay at PK

Reactions: krylonos
Mine now pushed back to March 11-31. Day1, 1st hour order, MYP White/Black.

I am still hopeful for Friday next week but probably the week after I think with the short week. It's pretty painful & if I had been made aware of the disaster that is Port Melbourne ports before ordering I would have made the delivery to Sydney, flown up, & driven it down. For anyone looking at ordering in Melbourne something to consider
100% agree, would've happily done that and had the car two weeks ago

goddamn, that's a bit steep. Was it worth it?
Nevermind, I just read your later post about it being useful when you don't have your phone on you.
Did you just order it through the Tesla US website? How would delivery work, hoping they deliver internationally.
Tesla US won’t generally sell outside of the US (only servicing US addresses). I got mine off EBay. Make sure it’s for model 3/Y though as the S and X key fobs are different(although they look quite similar)

Reactions: Elite Display
Melbourne first day order 11:20AM, black on black MYP, just had my EDD changed from 19/Mar-9/Apr to 14/Apr-4/May Come on Tesla!!!!

Going to be neck and neck with the Perth MYP first batch people. We have an EDD of 25/3-15/4 but no ship to get from Singapore to Perth yet so just hanging around in Singapore until someone picks them up. At the moment looks like they'll get picked up 27th March by unknown ship and then to Fremantle 3rd April then who knows how long to pick up.
I think I'll see my car by end of April - probably 3mths after it it's Jan 28th build date

How much were the Michelin Pilots for the 20' MY wheels?
At the time I didn't look into 20" tyres, since I'm fitting the 19" Geminis I bought off someone onto my MYP when it arrives (and selling the 21" Überturbines). The Geminis didn't come with tyres, so I had the Michelin Pilot Sport EVs fitted to them, with TPMs I bought from Tesla's online shop.

But I just checked the Bob Jane website, and the prices seem to be all over the place.

$721ea MYP Rear (275/35R21)
$825ea MYP Front (255/35R21).
$575ea MY RWD 20" (255/40R20).
$645ea MY RWD 19" (255/45R19).

Not sure why the narrower 21" fronts are more expensive than the wider rears. Or why the 20" ones are cheaper than the 19s. I paid less than the current price of the 19s, but there is a $150 off deal at the moment when buying 4 tyres.

These are for Michelin Pilot Sport EVs though, which I have read are quite a bit better than the Pirellis the MYP comes with. Frums mention 'mediocre grip for a summer performance tire, and squeals too much in spirited driving'. And 'they're just meh compared to other tyres I've had'.
Tesla should include the better Michelins with more than just the 20" (Inductions).

• Helpful
Reactions: Elite Display