Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Tesla wall charger installed for $2k, wasnt a short run or easy install.. so $2700 all in for me. 3 Phase.
Spent $4000 on a vehicle I dont already have 😆 . I'll still look for a new electricity plan regardless.

I'd guess Anyone who's ordered after Aug 22 wont see their car until Apr-Jun at the earliest based on current numbers coming in.. seriously hope I'm wrong though.

emailed Tesla yesterday about another change in dates (MYP Melbourne; was 19-Mar to 9-Apr, now 14-Apr to 5-May) when at the time Paglia was moved back 2 days (latest update only 1 day delay), yet delivery moved back 26 days. Got generic reply today that basically said nothing, so phoned Tesla today and pretty much still got generic reply. About the only useful bit of information they said is that it only takes them a day to have a car ready for delivery from when they receive ... so if Paglia docks in Melbourne on 13-Mar, then allow up to a week to clear port/customs (I've been told this previously by Tesla), then the optimist in me still hopes for a late March delivery

emailed Tesla yesterday about another change in dates (MYP Melbourne; was 19-Mar to 9-Apr, now 14-Apr to 5-May) when at the time Paglia was moved back 2 days (latest update only 1 day delay), yet delivery moved back 26 days. Got generic reply today that basically said nothing, so phoned Tesla today and pretty much still got generic reply. About the only useful bit of information they said is that it only takes them a day to have a car ready for delivery from when they receive ... so if Paglia docks in Melbourne on 13-Mar, then allow up to a week to clear port/customs (I've been told this previously by Tesla), then the optimist in me still hopes for a late March delivery
If they are giving you a three week delivery window you have not yet got to the final delivery stages. You know it is nearly certain at a 5 day window EDD. Unlikely to be Paglia, more likely the next boat Viking Passama or even next which I believe is also very close, Turandot late MArch which is very soon after VP. It seems the colour specs are having an influence on which boat is your boat.

sorry, forgot to mention, also asked whether I was still scheduled for delivery at Mulgrave - which they confirmed. Asked if I could get the car quicker if delivered from new Port Melbourne facility - said it would make no difference and he couldn't change anyway.

If they are giving you a three week delivery window you have not yet got to the final delivery stages. You know it is nearly certain at a 5 day window EDD. Unlikely to be Paglia, more likely the next boat Viking Passama or even next which I believe is also very close, Turandot late MArch which is very soon after VP. It seems the colour specs are having an influence on which boat is your boat.
interesting as previously they indicated my car was on was a vessel scheduled to berth on 12-Mar ... they wouldn't say the name of the vessel, however from the MIRRAT schedule that would be PAGLIA.

Reactions: Way Downunder

This plan just popped up on the Origin website.
Looks pretty interesting but it requires you to buy an EV from them or have their charger installed which costs $2500 (which seems pretty expensive) but keen to hear all of your thoughts, if you guys have any.

I could have sworn this plan has been around for a while without needing the subscription package? was just free elec between 10am - 3pm only had to supply the details of your car reg.

Wall Connector is $700+installation, Mobile Connector is $500. So you could subtract the difference there.

But, personally, I was with Powershop before then (and their EV plan is quite good) and, now, I'm with Amber Electric. I know that they have an EV specific sub-system coming to make best advantage of solar and cheap wholesale prices so I'm sticking with them EV Charging with Renewable Energy | Amber
Thanks for this. Can you tell us how this works? Will this just replace whoever you are with eg. Origin, Alinta etc?
I had a look on the website and it sounds like it is way more beneficial to have storage battery and/or a big solar panel system.

Reactions: Elite Display
I'm expecting a shipping schedule blow out with armacup schedule release today. Paglia and Viking Passama can't be put back into the rotation as they are stuck which is a big issue for the Oceania route to have 2 out of 7 ships stuck in Melbourne. If Turandot continues to Melbourne then there could be 3 out of 7 ships stuck.

In theory Paglia and VK should be doing end of March early April pick ups from Shanghai/Korea but the schedule will be in chaos if they aren't freed up from Melbourne.
Asia to Oceania | Armacup

Just updated.
Can you see any big changes?

Jesus... April 30th-May 21st?! What ship would this be on?
It's very odd that they would give you this date range when it's more than a month away.
I was pretty worried about this as well. I ordered my MY RWD (red, White interior) in late October. Tesla rep confirmed today by SMS that they still expect to get it to me within the Feb-May prediction. I need it before end of financial year, so really hope they are right.

Asia to Oceania | Armacup

Just updated.
Can you see any big changes?
Before:
Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 3.39.12 pm.png

After:
Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 3.39.54 pm.png

For Port Kembla, Paganella now 3 days earlier. Turandot unchanged.

Reactions: Elite Display
Thanks for this. Can you tell us how this works? Will this just replace whoever you are with eg. Origin, Alinta etc?
I had a look on the website and it sounds like it is way more beneficial to have storage battery and/or a big solar panel system.
I have a Battery and so yes, Amber is good for me, I just assumed that people on this forum were likely to get a battery too (perhaps). If I had no battery I would just stick with the Powershop EV Plan.

Also, the Amber plan is better if you charge during the day (because you are exposed to wholesale prices), the Powershop plan is better if you charge overnight. So YMMV.

Yeah that's the one. There was no subscription with the initial offer. Hopefully might spur some others to add some more competitive offers though. I don't see it being a good deal for me though now.
Red Energy has one for anyone with an EV that has free power 12pm-2pm on weekends. Obviously not as good as every day, but if you have 11kW charging at home and you're around during those times, you can get a decent chunk of your week's charging in.

Reactions: joseph.luppino
Weird, after some Melbournians saying 11th March - 31st March I rang up Tesla again (in frustration). This time I spoke to a very very helpful person who confirmed my car is on Paglia ... he also couldn't understand why my delivery window was saying 14th April - 5th May ... felt is was a "system glitch" and it should hopefully update in next day or so. He also said they hoped to have all cars on Paglia delivered within 2 weeks of it docking as they have another vessel docking soon after (guessing Passama) and need to clear cars as quick as possible as they don't have the space for them all.