Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, quick update. I called Tesla about my MYRWD.

They've said that a May EDD has been allocated to a bunch of orders (mostly July onwards, I think) to allow for expected port delays. So, normally, I would expect to be getting a car early April but they've padded so as to manage expectations.

I couldn't see even a hidden VIN but they have confirmed that a car is allocated to my order and is either being loaded or in transit now. VIN should appear shortly was what they said.

Anyone else got different information?

(MY RWD Blue Order end July 2022, Gold Coast)
If that's the case then expect it on Don Juan leaving Shanghai 14/3 and arriving 28/3 Brisbane.

Pick up first week April?

I couldn't see even a hidden VIN but they have confirmed that a car is allocated to my order
Are you trading in a vehicle to Tesla? You won't see a hidden VIN until that's either accepted or rejected.

Ditto if you haven't completed any of the "steps" (eg choosing cash or finance)

Also make sure you're using the Chrome extension or viewing the source of the "product-finalize" page, don't look at the old "oxp-bff-api/user-orders" that's still being recommended on various "how to see your hidden VIN" websites, as that no longer works.

For Melburnian's MYP 1st deliveries:
Paglia now in holding area off port.
Due at Webb Dock Mon 13th - Wed 15th.
Yahoooo!! ;)

Screenshot_20230311-144433.png

Reactions: Tubular
Son of a gun. The Turandot, Grande Mirafiore and Paganella are all set to arrive at Port Kembla within 48h of each other. If that happens we'll never know which boats our cars were on. On the flip side, you can be pretty sure that all NSW people will get their cars all at once if that comes to pass.

View attachment 916301
Great research Krylonos! In never rains...it ☔🌧️.
Good news to hear - however if this were to happen there could be some logistical challenges with x3 ships within 48 hours. Given that Tesla have had a number of deliveries over the last 6 months (in NSW) trust that they have the transport delivery/delivery inspection/charging/ etc... all sorted given the potential large volumes. Or - have they deliberately staggered delivery dates to mitigate large volumes ??? Anyway a nice problem to have.

Reactions: krylonos
Son of a gun. The Turandot, Grande Mirafiore and Paganella are all set to arrive at Port Kembla within 48h of each other. If that happens we'll never know which boats our cars were on. On the flip side, you can be pretty sure that all NSW people will get their cars all at once if that comes to pass.

View attachment 916301
Turandot is at anchor outside of Brisbane for the last 5 days. Grande Mirafioori has arrived to Port Kembla since last night. Paganella is enroute to Port Kembla and ETA is 14th of March.

Turandot is at anchor outside of Brisbane for the last 5 days. Grande Mirafioori has arrived to Port Kembla since last night. Paganella is enroute to Port Kembla and ETA is 14th of March.
I agree. But since this is from the port itself I had assumed that this was these ships "slots" at the port. If that is true that means that Grande Mirafiori will be waiting a few days (as will the Paganella) until they can actually dock.

Yep, and it looks like the Turandot is booked in for the 13th at BNE and it leaves on the 14th just in time to hoof it down to Port Kembla:

SmartSelect_20230311_210734_Firefox.jpg

So yes, it seems very likely to me that my original Port Kembla "dock days" is accurate and that they will all dock within 48h of each other in NSW.

Not an expert though, Did I read something wrong here?

Interesting, I switched payment method from Novated lease to Cash and I got the hidden VIN straight away and the RAV notification.

Had to call up to switch it back to a novated lease following which the hidden VIN promptly disappeared again and I'm stuck on
Arrange payment from [ ] to Tesla before signing so payment method step not done.

Anyone done a novated lease and know what the next steps are, is it just to wait for a VIN to be officially issued with final invoice?

Interesting, I switched payment method from Novated lease to Cash and I got the hidden VIN straight away and the RAV notification.

Had to call up to switch it back to a novated lease following which the hidden VIN promptly disappeared again and I'm stuck on
Arrange payment from [ ] to Tesla before signing so payment method step not done.

Anyone done a novated lease and know what the next steps are, is it just to wait for a VIN to be officially issued with final invoice?
Also novated leasing…

Steps seem fairly straight forward. You buy it, novated Leader organises finance and all the rest, you’ll get notified about VIN allocation, final invoice and EDD. Once we get that info, invoice goes straight to the novated lease company to finalise the loan.
They’ll then issue a notification to your employer to start deductions.
All while we’re enjoying our new cars tax free :)

Also novated leasing…

Steps seem fairly straight forward. You buy it, novated Leader organises finance and all the rest, you’ll get notified about VIN allocation, final invoice and EDD. Once we get that info, invoice goes straight to the novated lease company to finalise the loan.
They’ll then issue a notification to your employer to start deductions.
All while we’re enjoying our new cars tax free :)
It wouldn't call it "free."

Brisbane Port today 😃. In the upper half of the picture are 70-100+ Teslas. Seems to be a lot of M3s, but definitely some MYs. And the Dual Motor badge can be seen of you look closely.

Not sure if that ship (Heroic Ace) was the one they came off. But there were non-Tesla Cars driving off that RoRo.

Attachments

• 1160548.jpg
    1160548.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 1160552.jpg
    1160552.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
For those that now have their Ys (RWD), what energy consumption stats are you averaging?

For reference, we had one of the 2020 M3s and the consumption stats are better on the old vehicle vs the new M3 we also just took delivery of:

2020 M3SR+ 50Kw ~135Wh/km (I'm assuming NCA 54kw)
2023 M3RWD 62Kw ~150Wh/km (I'm assuming LFP 62kw)
2023 MYRWD ~?????

From what I can glean online, the LFPs are cheaper to build but less energy dense. Hence, a LFP battery pack has to be slightly bigger.

Assuming my figures for the new M3 are accurate (more time needed to get good stats), my conclusion from this is that the LFP cars might be cheaper to buy but more expensive to run because you need an extra 8kw of charge to get the same range as earlier. I'm sure 8kw per charge isn't big bikkies anyway but I found this interesting.

Please someone poke holes in the logic or at least share what their MYRWD efficiency stats are. Note if you fancy yourself as Dan Ricciardo when you drive, please feel free to leave your stats off :)

For those that now have their Ys (RWD), what energy consumption stats are you averaging?

For reference, we had one of the 2020 M3s and the consumption stats are better on the old vehicle vs the new M3 we also just took delivery of:

2020 M3SR+ 50Kw ~135Wh/km (I'm assuming NCA 54kw)
2023 M3RWD 62Kw ~150Wh/km (I'm assuming LFP 62kw)
2023 MYRWD ~?????

From what I can glean online, the LFPs are cheaper to build but less energy dense. Hence, a LFP battery pack has to be slightly bigger.

Assuming my figures for the new M3 are accurate (more time needed to get good stats), my conclusion from this is that the LFP cars might be cheaper to buy but more expensive to run because you need an extra 8kw of charge to get the same range as earlier. I'm sure 8kw per charge isn't big bikkies anyway but I found this interesting.

Please someone poke holes in the logic or at least share what their MYRWD efficiency stats are. Note if you fancy yourself as Dan Ricciardo when you drive, please feel free to leave your stats off :)

This thread might help and will be better to continue that discussion as most here won't have their Model Y's yet