Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to Tesla yesterday and my MYP is going to be offloaded in NSW instead of Melbourne and come down to Melbourne by road instead. They didn't know any timescales. My EDD is currently 31/3-21/4.
This is consistent with the Armacup schedule.
They're giving up on going to Melbourne because of the extensive delays.

I think this is helpful. It was your posts I was trying to find but clearly I didn't do very well on this!

I'm waiting for a delivery at Southport which will come out of Brisbane. EDD 1 May - 22 May. I'm thinking based on this, possibly Morning Cherry for May deliveries into Brisbane. Tesla had said the May delivery date included some padding for port delays so this is my gut feel for anyone in Bris.
All good mate. I post so often here, the post was very far down.

Reactions: Davemcd and houdini
This is consistent with the Armacup schedule.
They're giving up on going to Melbourne because of the extensive delays.

All good mate. I post so often here, the post was very far down.
Hi all, Is it safe to assume that those of you quoting 3 or 4 week EDD windows don't have your VIN yet, or does the EDD window narrow once you receive a VIN? On another note, the Don Juan is underway at the moment, so may be shifting position of Moreton island, or heading for the leads at Caloundra...

So what would that mean for Melbourne deliveries??
Delays, delays and more delays.

They'll probably offload the Melbourne cars in Port Kembla and then transfer to another ship before heading south which means further delays but the Armacup ships won't be held up (they are freed up to go back to Shanghai, get more cars for Brisbane and Sydney/Canberra.) They probably don't want another Paglia situation.

OR

They'll take them down by road/rail which seems rather time consuming and expensive.

Last edited:
The port workers are protected by unions so I doubt there'll be any penalties doled out for poor performing staffers.
Paid to be slow and lazy in this country.
Good old workers/union bashing is always popular. Before you start bashing me, I am a sole trader/contractor.

It would be in order to look at the births in the ports in this country, say compared to Shanghai or may ports in Japan. It's a joke for a country that pretty much imports everything it consumes, albeit a tiny country by population.

All ports in NSW and the Port of Brisbane are privately run with 99 year leases, except the port of Melbourne. Of course, it is convenient to forget a ship that was/is stuck in Melbourne for many weeks.

Delays, delays and more delays.

They'll probably offload the Melbourne cars in Port Kembla and then transfer to another ship before heading south which means further delays but the Armacup ships won't be held up (they are freed up to go back to Shanghai, get more cars for Brisbane and Sydney/Canberra.) They probably don't want another Paglia situation.

OR

They'll take them down by road/rail which seems rather time consuming and expensive.
My worry is next export cycle starts soon if no boats going to Melb as it still stuffed be QLD/NSW Tesla's only. Not like they do not have people waiting in those states Maybe a few cars for Vic/SA/Tassie as road/train extra ship too much hassle.

If you look at Armacup schedule there will be 6 boats in a row skip Melb.
Next boat coming to Melb is leaving 18th of April is Turandot, skipping Port Kembla arriving Melb 14/5
So maybe that one will be mainly Vic/Tassie/SA cars
Think my Feb-May for Model Y in Vic end up July-August.
The Model 3 I ordered been in OZ waters now a month.. Keeps getting pushed out docking in Melb now next Mon-Tuesday.. Was Saturday only a couple of days back. Originally due if I remember 14th of March.
Still crap not as bad as the last three boats and the poor Paglia.

Not Tesla fault I do think until the Hoegh Trooper pisses off Melb be a mess.
Seen nothing why it still there it really feels like the union black banned it after one of their members left on board.

Reactions: Elite Display
I spoke to Tesla yesterday and my MYP is going to be offloaded in NSW instead of Melbourne and come down to Melbourne by road instead. They didn't know any timescales. My EDD is currently 31/3-21/4.
Looking at the Armacup schedule for future ships into Melbourne, besides Turnadot and Grande Mirafiori waiting to doc, the next one is not due until 14-May. No Armacup in Apr... think the offload into NSW will speed things up somewhat whilst Melbourne catches up....

Reactions: AyRe and Davemcd
Good old workers/union bashing is always popular. Before you start bashing me, I am a sole trader/contractor.

It would be in order to look at the births in the ports in this country, say compared to Shanghai or may ports in Japan. It's a joke for a country that pretty much imports everything it consumes, albeit a tiny country by population.

All ports in NSW and the Port of Brisbane are privately run with 99 year leases, except the port of Melbourne. Of course, it is convenient to forget a ship that was/is stuck in Melbourne for many weeks.
Tbh I'm just a guy typing on a keyboard, I couldn't do what the port workers do.
You are right, it is very easy to take it out on the workers/unions. Felt pretty good though haha

Reactions: MyPWSyd and Tmill
My worry is next export cycle starts soon if no boats going to Melb as it still stuffed be QLD/NSW Tesla's only. Not like they do not have people waiting in those states Maybe a few cars for Vic/SA/Tassie as road/train extra ship too much hassle.

If you look at Armacup schedule there will be 6 boats in a row skip Melb.
Next boat coming to Melb is leaving 18th of April is Turandot, skipping Port Kembla arriving Melb 14/5
So maybe that one will be mainly Vic/Tassie/SA cars
Think my Feb-May for Model Y in Vic end up July-August.
The Model 3 I ordered been in OZ waters now a month.. Keeps getting pushed out docking in Melb now next Mon-Tuesday.. Was Saturday only a couple of days back. Originally due if I remember 14th of March.
Still crap not as bad as the last three boats and the poor Paglia.

Not Tesla fault I do think until the Hoegh Trooper pisses off Melb be a mess.
Seen nothing why it still there it really feels like the union black banned it after one of their members left on board.

According to WuWa, the next export cycle could have begun early.
This video is from 4 days ago and it shows RHD export vehicles being produced at Gigafactory Shanghai. Maybe they were ahead of schedule for domestic orders and started making the export ones early and hopefully for a longer period of time. The choke point is definitely the amount of ships and port delays.
Someone wish for a Tesla-only (but more MY than M3) chartered ship like the MSC Immacolata and Grande Mirafiori to help clear backlogs!

Last edited:

According to WuWa, the next export cycle could have begun early.
This video is from 4 days ago and it shows RHD export vehicles being produced at Gigafactory Shanghai. Maybe they were ahead of schedule for domestic orders and started making the export ones early and hopefully for a longer period of time. The choke point is definitely the amount of ships and port delays.
Someone wish for a Tesla-only (but more MY than M3) chartered ship like the MSC Immacolata and Grande Mirafiori to help clear backlogs!
My M3 is on the Grande Mirafiori.. Been slowly coming down the east coast docking pushed out at each port.
So yes hopefully they could add a non Armacup ship, it still have problems with Melb port being crap.

How do you know that the car is in a particular ship?
I ordered inventory so Tesla knew where it was as almost at Brisbane..

When I get a build for Model Y I do the Veda Prime stuff.
Would have helped with my Model 3 as well. I was silly and believed (or hoped) it would be the 2-3 weeks until pickup as almost at Brisbane.. So Mid March, even though at that stage it showed docking I think 14th of March in Melb.
Still say I am 2-3 weeks away now and almost docked Melb :)

Until recently they used to take all vehicles except for WA by road from Port Kembla, so they have experience with this.

It wouldn't be by rail - there's no car carrier wagons in Australia anymore so they'd have to containerise them to do that. New wagons could be built but obviously you'd only do that for a longer-term change, not a short-term fix for port issues.

I think this is helpful. It was your posts I was trying to find but clearly I didn't do very well on this!

I'm waiting for a delivery at Southport which will come out of Brisbane. EDD 1 May - 22 May. I'm thinking based on this, possibly Morning Cherry for May deliveries into Brisbane. Tesla had said the May delivery date included some padding for port delays so this is my gut feel for anyone in Bris.

You should also throw your VIN into the MolAce tracker and see if you are one of the few that are on an Ace ship

Anticlockwise Route (via Singapore/Fremantle): You could end up on Palmela, Wisdom Ace or other unassigned ship
Clockwise Route via Japan: Frontier Ace, Elegant Ace

Quick update of my previous post:
- Don Juan and Morning Crystal are waiting in the waters outside Port of Brisbane, waiting for their number to be called.
- Turandot is just outside Port Phillip Bay. I wouldn't hold my breath, Grande Mirafiori is STILL waiting and it left Port Kembla 7 days ago.
- Morning Cherry left Shanghai 5 days ago and is due to arrive in Brisbane in 5 days (2nd of April)
- Viking Passama is still on track to arrive in Shanghai on the 4th of April.
- Paganella left Port Kembla on the 24th of March, due to arrive back in Shanghai on the the 7th of April for more cars.

Let me know if there is a point in me doing this summary otherwise I can stop.
How do we know if there are any Tesla in these 2 ships waiting outside port of Brisbane?

How do we know if there are any Tesla in these 2 ships waiting outside port of Brisbane?

A few ways but this advice is general in nature and I can't say for sure about those ships
1. your dates line up with the expected arrival of a ship
2. you notice that your car is in the RAV database and it matches to when a particular ship is near port
3. your SA tells you (rare that they actually know though)
4. you sign up to Veda Prime service

Generally there would be Teslas on all Armacup ships that go direct from Shanghai to Oz but they are shared ships and it's cars for more than one state so there is a chance that the ship could stop at one port and offload but not have Tesla's for that port but only for the next port. That would be rare though.

Blue/Black MYP Syd ordered in Aug
EDD on 20 Feb was 11 Mar - 1 Apr with VIN
Narrowed to 23-30 March a few weeks ago. Over the last week, daily push backs by one day
Woke to big pushback - EDD 13 Apr - 4 May

Well, I went back in time to have a look at my Model 3 LR delivery process and I can confirm the push back in dates are normal day by day. Its just a matter of patients before the big day comes.

As an exmaple:
"Just watching my delivery date range keep getting pushed back each day at the moment.

Revised estimate was 20 July to 03 August 😀

However, over the past few days the estimated delivery dates have been slipping daily from 20 -> 21 -> 22 -> 23 -> 24 July to 04 August ☹️

Hopefully the delivery date range doesn't keep getting pushed back ... Sigh back to waiting patiently ..."

"Random check of Tesla account this morning and there is a delivery appointment date set 😁😁😁 27 July!!!"

Reactions: hillgun and MyPWSyd