Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah us western Australians have been in another thread watching cars be stuck in Singapore for a while now. One batch of 100 has just left today finally after been stuck there since 28/2. This like previously mentioned is WA’s first batch of the year. There’s another 500, which mine is in, that is still stuck in Singapore and will be at least for another month and I expect our currently assigned ship to change again.

This whole quarantine and shipping issues from the east coast is affecting us terribly as well, guess no ships are getting back to Asia to feed back into Australia plus Tesla seem to be on the lowest priority compared to other automakers, Tesla must’ve just paid for standard shipping and used the express option for Europe.

Yeah us western Australians have been in another thread watching cars be stuck in Singapore for a while now. One batch of 100 has just left today finally after been stuck there since 28/2. This like previously mentioned is WA’s first batch of the year. There’s another 500, which mine is in, that is still stuck in Singapore and will be at least for another month and I expect our currently assigned ship to change again.

This whole quarantine and shipping issues from the east coast is affecting us terribly as well, guess no ships are getting back to Asia to feed back into Australia plus Tesla seem to be on the lowest priority compared to other automakers, Tesla must’ve just paid for standard shipping and used the express option for Europe.
Yeah this sucks, will be able to order the new Polestar 2 by the time mine actually gets on a boat. Plus it will have been sitting on docks in full tropical sun and salt spray for 2 months. Ridiculous.

EDD changed daily from April 18, then to April 19 and today to May 15!
Yeah I had the same reaction you when mine got pushed to Apr 18 to May 9. I called this number 1800 686 705 and got a delivery appointment. Hope that works for you.
Same with my EDD! What's this magic with the 1800 number? And I see a different 1800 number suggested in another post on this page?

Reactions: 1001
Just spoke to the Tesla this morning and they have confirmed my car is stuck at port waiting to be transported to their service centre for delivery. The car has been stuck at the port holding dock for some time, which is bittersweet news.

Please keep this in mind when receiving sms and email updates from Tesla, to check in with their support team via the 1800 number to ensure that processes are not kicked off premeturley, such as Finance and Insurance on the car required by the Finance company. In this instance, the process has failed, where information held by the Finance company and Tesla have been at odds with each other.

EDD changed daily from April 18, then to April 19 and today to May 15!

Same with my EDD! What's this magic with the 1800 number? And I see a different 1800 number suggested in another post on this page?
I think the number I posted (1800 686 705) requires you to select the option for existing order whereas the other number gets you to that line directly - just a guess.

I not sure whether this affects but I am not financing and maybe that helped me get a delivery appointment via phone (as opposed to the typical process of booking via the link for express delivery).

Just spoke to the Tesla this morning and they have confirmed my car is stuck at port waiting to be transported to their service centre for delivery. The car has been stuck at the port holding dock for some time, which is bittersweet news.

Please keep this in mind when receiving sms and email updates from Tesla, to check in with their support team via the 1800 number to ensure that processes are not kicked off premeturley, such as Finance and Insurance on the car required by the Finance company. In this instance, the process has failed, where information held by the Finance company and Tesla have been at odds with each other.
Which port? Port Kembla?

WechatIMG1.jpeg

I just realised that I don't have the extended seats as mine was built in Feb 2023, I doubt the suspension is still old. When I was trying to ask is the suspension upgrade is after Jan 2023, the rep showed me the build date on the driver-side door and said yes....I felt he did not know just shown me the build date....

So how can it tell the suspension?
If you jack it up (needs jack pads) take wheels off and photograph the part numbers on the suspension struts then there are posts in this thread and others about which part numbers are new comfort suspension versus the older ones. And the part numbers are different front and rear and RWD versus P it seems. Or just believe the people who say that all P cars produced this year have it but noone seems sure about the RWD ones. At least I have not seen a conclusive post on the RWD ones. And only focus on Australian posts, overseas delivered cars are irrelevant to us.

Reactions: Way Downunder
Don't get me started on this! Multiple ships have come to Fremantle/Perth with cars for other states (and/or NZ) and not had Perth Teslas on it.
My MYP was built on 28th Jan and has been sitting in Singapore for a month finally left this morning to continue it's journey to Perth. It's due to arrive on 5th April.
This will be the first batch of 2023 builds to arrive for Perth, the second batch of '23 builds will be almost 5-6mths old by the time they arrive :(
Lucky you're in the first batch then!

If you jack it up (needs jack pads) take wheels off and photograph the part numbers on the suspension struts
You don't need to jack it up to see the part numbers.
And it's been confirmed that January built Model Y RWD has the following part numbers:

1188365-00-B DAMPER ASSY FR LEFT HAND, COIL E3 RWD
1188379-00-B DAMPER ASSY FR RH COIL E3 RWD
1188464-00-B RR DAMPER ASSY - COIL RWD

But we either need someone with a 2022 model to confirm if the 2023 part numbers are indeed different, or confirmation from someone at Tesla what the upgraded part numbers are (as was done for the Model Y Performance)

And only focus on Australian posts, overseas delivered cars are irrelevant to us

Not necessarily - the Model Y Performance "comfort" suspension part numbers are the same in Australia and the US.

1188371-00-F DAMPER ASSEMBLY COIL E3 - DUAL MOTOR PERFORMANCE - FRONT LEFT HAND
1188376-00-F DAMPER ASSEMBLY COIL E3 - DUAL MOTOR PERFORMANCE - FRONT RIGHT HAND
1188465-00-F DAMPER ASSEMBLY COIL - DUAL MOTOR PERFORMANCE - REAR

But I don't think the RWD is available in the US so nobody there is talking about them.