Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s local Tasmania backlog that’s all, only delivering a couple of cars per day and there is 60+ in the yard
That is what I was thinking, add last on first off three times and the significant congestion in the tiny devonport yard, any outcome is possible, as I said above, would gladly go to them but given the packed in storage it would be a lottery to get a specific car out. The waiting in the dark is bloody frustrating. Excuse my expletive, but it best serves the situation.

Reactions: 1001
I picked up my MYP today. Absolutely stoked with it.

The car came with 90% charge which dropped to 86% by the time I got home. Looking at the charge history, I see that the car has had several charges to bring it back up to 90%. The car has 31kms on the odometer at the end of day one.

I am charging from a 15A socket at 12A currently. I would like to charge it to 100% and leave it on charge so the car recognizes the 15A socket.
When can I charge it to 100%?

Reactions: 1001 and JonDarian
I picked up my MYP today. Absolutely stoked with it.

The car came with 90% charge which dropped to 86% by the time I got home. Looking at the charge history, I see that the car has had several charges to bring it back up to 90%. The car has 31kms on the odometer at the end of day one.

I am charging from a 15A socket at 12A currently. I would like to charge it to 100% and leave it on charge so the car recognizes the 15A socket.
When can I charge it to 100%?
Good that you are enjoying the car. I understand the MYP battery chemistry shouldn't be left at 100% charge for prolonged periods, but I can't imagine there is much harm in charging to 100% for a few hours and then taking a drive (I know, this will be a huge chore 😄) to lower the charge again.

Reactions: Tessy Sam
Just and update for any poor soul (like me!) that ordered before the UMC removal but receiving a vehicle after th cut off. Sounds like we will get a credit to cover the cost of purchase.
Screenshot_20230401-092203.png

Just and update for any poor soul (like me!) that ordered before the UMC removal but receiving a vehicle after th cut off. Sounds like we will get a credit to cover the cost of purchase. View attachment 923640
If you ordered before the cut off date for inclusion, (and particularly given Tesla's delays which are not within your control) the credit will need to cover the full amount of ordering a new UMC ( including any shipping costs) or Tesla will run foul of its Consumer obligations. If you feel that Tesla has not met its obligations raise with Tesla in the first instance and get their response and then with the Consumer Protection Agency in your State.

Lucky you're in the first batch then!
Lucky indeed!. My first Day order was built mid February and has been stuck on a dock since then, with a ship allocated then deallocated and now not likely to be delivered until mid May. Who knows at this rate we might make the anniversary date of ordering. Not only that but it looks like we may no longer get the UMC despite ordering before the cut off date as the factory is not including this in its cars now. Apparently we get a voucher (not even a refund) and can order from the Tesla Store. This will likely be a breach of Consumer regulations as Tesla should be offering a full cash refund for the UMC if its not available to those that ordered before the cutoff date for its inclusion, not just a voucher.

Reactions: 1001
the credit will need to cover the full amount of ordering a new UMC ( including any shipping costs) or Tesla will run foul of its Consumer obligations.
which is exactly how it has been done in other markets - including the US for most of last year, and NZ from last month.
The voucher covers the full cost of the mobile connector ($550 in Australia) or can be used towards a wall connector instead - if that is your preference.

You're a bit quick to jump up and down claiming breaches without any evidence for that being the case.

Just and update for any poor soul (like me!) that ordered before the UMC removal but receiving a vehicle after th cut off. Sounds like we will get a credit to cover the cost of purchase. View attachment 923640
What is this cut off dates? The last time I spoke to a Tesla Rep, which is early last week, she was saying that all cars before 28th Feb will have the UMC included, regardless of delivery dates. Are you saying your car is built after the 28th?
I am in Sydney by the way, not sure if that makes any difference. Can the members that just pick up their cars confirm if UMC is still in the car or not?