Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is this cut off dates? The last time I spoke to a Tesla Rep, which is early last week, she was saying that all cars before 28th Feb will have the UMC included, regardless of delivery dates. Are you saying your car is built after the 28th?
I am in Sydney by the way, not sure if that makes any difference. Can the members that just pick up their cars confirm if UMC is still in the car or not?
I believe the order cut off date was July 6 or 7? My build date is 5/3/23 so not included with the car.

When I asked a couple of weeks ago, the Tesla rep advised that I buy a UMC now and return it for refund if one ende up coming with my car (no VIN assigned yet). It will be interesting to see if:
1) I get one with the car,
2) they refund me the cost of the UMC I have bought,
3) they give me a voucher for Tesla credit, or
4) they just leave it with me having paid for a UMC.

I believe the order cut off date was July 6 or 7? My build date is 5/3/23 so not included with the car.
Ok. I ordered my car at end of July. I believed I had missed out on the UMC, but I believed Tesla revised it and include the UMC for all cars delivered in the first quarter this year - up to 31 March.
Thats why I asked the rep about it because I got my VIN late February this year with an EDD of 31 March, which was later revised to May10. I just got delivery date of 20 April yesterday.
The car build date is 12/02/23. According to rep this will still include the UMC.
Sorry for the long post.

Melbourne-based waiting for MYP. Have an estimated delivery date set from April 29-May 20. I believe the car was on the Turandot that got offloaded at Port Kembla. The cars are meant to be transported via trucks to Melbourne. Some Tesla employees have said the car is 'close.' I was also told the car was in PDI. I'm leaving overseas on April 26. Is there any hope for me at all? How long does this PDI stuff take? My manicure is getting wrecked.

Reactions: 1001
What is this cut off dates? The last time I spoke to a Tesla Rep, which is early last week, she was saying that all cars before 28th Feb will have the UMC included, regardless of delivery dates. Are you saying your car is built after the 28th?
I am in Sydney by the way, not sure if that makes any difference. Can the members that just pick up their cars confirm if UMC is still in the car or not?

Sounds about right. I was also told by a Tesla rep earlier this week that a UMC will be included with my Model 3 (build date: 10 Feb 2023; EDD: 2-23 April 2023).

Melbourne-based waiting for MYP. Have an estimated delivery date set from April 29-May 20. I believe the car was on the Turandot that got offloaded at Port Kembla. The cars are meant to be transported via trucks to Melbourne. Some Tesla employees have said the car is 'close.' I was also told the car was in PDI. I'm leaving overseas on April 26. Is there any hope for me at all? How long does this PDI stuff take? My manicure is getting wrecked.
when did u order?

which is exactly how it has been done in other markets - including the US for most of last year, and NZ from last month.
The voucher covers the full cost of the mobile connector ($550 in Australia) or can be used towards a wall connector instead - if that is your preference.

You're a bit quick to jump up and down claiming breaches without any evidence for that being the case.
just saying Zombie, when you purchase a car with the UMC supposedly included its a bit rich to then suggest that a voucher will be provided instead. If it can't be provided consumers are entitled to a full refund not a voucher. After all delays in delivery are largely of Tesla's making In WA at least. I am happy to wait and see if a UMC is provided in my car (February 12 build and day one order), but if it isn't then I would be exercising my consumer rights and asking for a refund not a voucher. Others may or may not choose to raise this as an issue with their Consumer Protection Agency in the event that what you ordered is not provided. and vouchers are offered in lieu. That's their choice.

Are Tesla allowing swaps from pre orders to inventory right now? Day 1 order on a MYP and identical spec cars are in local inventory. ETA is APR 02 - APR 23, but no vin (hidden or not).

If you are considering purchasing inventory stock please be aware that most aren't actually in stock and you have an EDD it might be quicker to stick with your EDD than choose inventory that is still on a shop

just saying Zombie, when you purchase a car with the UMC supposedly included its a bit rich to then suggest that a voucher will be provided instead. If it can't be provided consumers are entitled to a full refund not a voucher. After all delays in delivery are largely of Tesla's making In WA at least. I am happy to wait and see if a UMC is provided in my car (February 12 build and day one order), but if it isn't then I would be exercising my consumer rights and asking for a refund not a voucher. Others may or may not choose to raise this as an issue with their Consumer Protection Agency in the event that what you ordered is not provided. and vouchers are offered in lieu. That's their choice.
I get your point but tbh idk how well that would even stand up. Tesla agreed to give you a charger with the initial order, can’t get one to you with the car delivery but give you an option to order one from the store for free with free shipping, there’s no difference. Only argument I could possibly see is the inconvenience and possible delay in receiving the charger before the car.

I think it’s a good deal tho, imagine being offered 550 towards a wall charger, that would be stonks for some people.

This whole umc debacle is so frustrating, can’t believe after several months we are still questioning whether we get one. I’ll be salty if my car doesn’t have one while it sits waiting with your car as well. Ain’t my fault they couldn’t deliver it in time and I have to pay for it in both ways.

I get your point but tbh idk how well that would even stand up. Tesla agreed to give you a charger with the initial order, can’t get one to you with the car delivery but give you an option to order one from the store for free with free shipping, there’s no difference. Only argument I could possibly see is the inconvenience and possible delay in receiving the charger before the car.

I think it’s a good deal tho, imagine being offered 550 towards a wall charger, that would be stonks for some people.

This whole umc debacle is so frustrating, can’t believe after several months we are still questioning whether we get one. I’ll be salty if my car doesn’t have one while it sits waiting with your car as well. Ain’t my fault they couldn’t deliver it in time and I have to pay for it in both ways.
Unfortunately we wont know for a month or so yet

I thought it was pretty clear that all builds prior to March 2023 would be getting one as a gesture of goodwill due to the delays?

Which would be a bonus for me since I thought the initial cutoff was mid-2022.

Reactions: 1001
Hey guys I actually have written evidence from Tesla regarding the UMC issue as I asked them directly.

There are only 2 things to remember:
  1. All cars built up until February 2023 will come with a UMC regardless of order date.
  2. Those who ordered prior to the mid-2022 cutoff will get a UMC (or voucher) regardless of build date. This means if yours is built March 2023 onwards but ordered on day 1 (for example), you will get a UMC/voucher.