Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought you could also open the charge port by pressing on it (when the car is unlocked).
Yes you can open the charge port (provided the car is unlocked as mentioned)

But once you plug a cable in the charge port latches onto the cable, so a) it can't be stolen and b) it prevents it being removed while charging is in progress.

Pressing the button on the mobile connector/wall connector tells the car to let go of the cable.
Without said button you'll need to use your touchscreen, app, keyfob (if you managed to get one) or get the timing right, as I think the car will briefly unlatch the cable when charging stops. Again, assuming the car itself is already unlocked.

Reactions: JonDarian and cafz
Hey guys, new to this forum. I was assigned a vin with edd of 11th April to 2nd May. I made an enquiry over sms on getting the LR version... Guess what they cancelled my vin and sent me a agreement for LR without my consent and allocated my car to someone. I lost my car just by an enquiry... so lame. Absolutely ridiculous. I have been reassigned a Vin after all the calls with sales manager and now they say its on ship and EDD is end of May... which i doubt would be.. car was built 3/4/23. Any guess on the estimated delivery range.. TIA.
I have the exact same build date 3/4/23.

EDD showing 11 May - 1 June so end of May seems accurate.

RWD/white/white/induction OD 26/12

Believe it is on the Paganella as it didn’t show up in Viking Sea search.

One has to download the VIN tracker extension for Chrome??
Only if you want to see the VIN as soon as a vehicle is assigned, otherwise it will appear a few days later

If you didn't want to install the Chrome extension you can right click on the order page, View Page Source, then search for LR or LRW which are the first digits of the VIN and you will find it in the page code

FYI: Just got an EDD of 11th May to 1 June.
Order 16/10/22 - RWD - Black - Black - Induction.

Hopefully this helps anyone still waiting.

Now to see what ship that will be on...
I have same spec but with white interior. I ordered a week before you and based in Brisbane. I’m still waiting for a VIN. If I miss this batch of VINs I’m going to give up hope on May delivery. I hope I’m able to take delivery in June at least because of the asset write off rules changing July 1st

JAck 23 - seems to have the same set and Dec order

"I have the exact same build date 3/4/23.

EDD showing 11 May - 1 June so end of May seems accurate.

RWD/white/white/induction OD 26/12

Believe it is on the Paganella as it didn’t show up in Viking Sea search."
Close! Mine’s induction wheels, soulzs is stock (presumably Gemini).

From what I have seen watching this thread over the past few weeks, it appears the white/white/induction combination is furthest along the order dates (for rwd at least) with my OD 26/12 being the latest date to have a VIN/EDD (that I’ve seen).

The morning prior to getting my VIN I saw an 8/12 order with same specs get theirs, so it is moving quickly.

Close! Mine’s induction wheels, soulzs is stock (presumably Gemini).

From what I have seen watching this thread over the past few weeks, it appears the white/white/induction combination is furthest along the order dates (for rwd at least) with my OD 26/12 being the latest date to have a VIN/EDD (that I’ve seen).

The morning prior to getting my VIN I saw an 8/12 order with same specs get theirs, so it is moving quickly.
My OD is 25/12. Seeing the posts is slowing making me realise I might not get my order before June 😭😤