Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI I received a SMS/Email today from Tesla saying:
"As you ordered after 7 July 2022, home charging equipment is not included with your vehicle.
To purchase separately, visit the Tesla Shop..."

I spoke with a SA in a showroom back in early March and they did mention that if your car build date is prior to the 27/02/2023 then you will get the UMC.

So safe to say all the people getting their TBD dates/ Hidden VINs recently, we won't get the UMC.

Reactions: xavier2k3
FYI I received a SMS/Email today from Tesla saying:
"As you ordered after 7 July 2022, home charging equipment is not included with your vehicle.
To purchase separately, visit the Tesla Shop..."

I spoke with a SA in a showroom back in early March and they did mention that if your car build date is prior to the 27/02/2023 then you will get the UMC.

So safe to say all the people getting their TBD dates/ Hidden VINs recently, we won't get the UMC.
heard they were giving the 500$ voucher not sure if that appliers to orders after 7july

Spotted just outside the Hume delivery centre (Canberra) today!

I'm picking up my MYRWD white this Thursday so the white on the photo might be mine! Tesla typically transports cars 1-3 days before pickup to allow for final prep like cleaning, rego, etc.

Note: Not my photo. Taken from a Canberra Facebook group.
View attachment 929451
The door handles and window surround trim is silver on those vehicles. The model I test drove early December had black door handles and trim

Hey guys, new to this forum. I was assigned a vin with edd of 11th April to 2nd May. I made an enquiry over sms on getting the LR version... Guess what they cancelled my vin and sent me a agreement for LR without my consent and allocated my car to someone. I lost my car just by an enquiry... so lame. Absolutely ridiculous. I have been reassigned a Vin after all the calls with sales manager and now they say its on ship and EDD is end of May... which i doubt would be.. car was built 3/4/23. Any guess on the estimated delivery range.. TIA.

Hey guys, new to this forum. I was assigned a vin with edd of 11th April to 2nd May. I made an enquiry over sms on getting the LR version... Guess what they cancelled my vin and sent me a agreement for LR without my consent and allocated my car to someone. I lost my car just by an enquiry... so lame. Absolutely ridiculous. I have been reassigned a Vin after all the calls with sales manager and now they say its on ship and EDD is end of May... which i doubt would be.. car was built 3/4/23. Any guess on the estimated delivery range.. TIA.
Ask them for supercharging miles or a granny-charger to make up for their stuff-up.

What's your booking date? Looks like Tesla plan to deliver 1,000 - 1,500 cars per month, across Australia (read it online so as not a validated source)so you very well might get your car in May.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for buying some? Does it have to be via Tesla?
It doesn't have to be via Tesla, but their mobile connector is still one of the most affordable, especially if you consider it comes with swappable 10A and 15A plugs that automatically set the charge rate, and you can easily get a 32A plug from third parties.

And it has a button on the car-side plug that tells the car to unlatch the chargeport when you want to unplug it.
With third party cables you'll need to unlock via the car's touchscreen or your mobile phone app or similar.

It doesn't have to be via Tesla, but their mobile connector is still one of the most affordable, especially if you consider it comes with swappable 10A and 15A plugs that automatically set the charge rate, and you can easily get a 32A plug from third parties.

And it has a button on the car-side plug that tells the car to unlatch the chargeport when you want to unplug it.
With third party cables you'll need to unlock via the car's touchscreen or your mobile phone app or similar.
Agreed, and likewise the Tesla Wall Connector is excellent value for a 3-phase, 32A capable EVSE (also with the charge port open button, of course).