Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for the newer guys (and the guys waiting awhile with some movement finally), I’m gonna throw some resources down to help track your ship down.

Firstly, if you can’t be bothered to do your own research, use the following link and be prepared to pay but the information and community are good, Vedaprime – Vedaprime Tesla Tracking

If you’re more like me, here’s some resources:

This will find a vin through chrome on desktop. It won’t work if you have a trade in pending. Of course you can manually search your accounts prepare for delivery page source code.

If you have a vin hidden or on an invoice, use this link and throw it in. If it finds a result, click itinerary and you’ll have your information your after, if not, well that sucks as now it’s more a guessing game.

These guys run routine vessels from Asia to aus. The ones coming directly from Shanghai are more likely to carry teslas, ones that still stop at Shanghai and via elsewhere also have a decent chance. These ships do carry other car brands as well though so it’s never guaranteed to be carrying any teslas.

Other things to look out for is port schedules. Brisbane, port Kembla and Melbourne all have a page. Check to see if you can narrow it down by looking at where the vehicle carriers are coming from. Also note it will generally be a armacup or molace ship. There have been chartered ships in the past few quarters from different shipping companies but no evidence so far this quarter.

The shipping situation has been terrible this year so far. Delays at almost every aussie port with Melbourne hit the worst. These delays are flowing on and affecting schedules everywhere. Some shipping companies are skipping ports and trucking it to other cities. We’ve started seeing molace be used for the east coast via Singapore as a holding ground. There’s been cars stuck there for months in Singapore like my own still is. If you did just get a vin, congrats, but buckle up coz it’s going to get even worse unless your part of the lucky some on a ship direct from Shanghai, then your only battle is getting through the port itself to the delivery centre. Soz for the long post, just wish I had something like this to start with instead of pestering others.

Edit: also to add, I’ve seen vins assigned before being loaded onto ships at Shanghai but usually it occurs up to a week after departing shanghai. If yours shows TBD, it could be anything like it hasn’t departed shanghai, teslas given up hope on making an edd but more than likely it’s going to be thrown on a truck carrier from another port.
How do I search the Armacup website using my VIN? All I see is a schedule of all their ships

Long time observer - thanks for all the information being shared (particularly given Tesla's comms on our place in queue has alot of room for improvement!)

Overnight we've had our VIN assigned. Still working through which ship it may be on, but likely one of those sitting off Brisbane at present.

Model Y RWD - White, Black Interior, 20" Induction Wheels - Order Date: 06/12/22 - Hidden VIN Assigned 26/04/23 - EDD May 8 - 29

What about if you are going with novated lease , as the orders are getting delayed, is it worth updating the finance details so early…. As somebody might change the job who is going with novated lease , and since it’s not yet settled owner might have to change the finance options at later stage….
People who are financing may be able to share some info. But as a general rule selecting one of the options with even some dummy values is a pre-requisite to see the VIN if your EDD has changed to TBD. You can always change those details later by talking to your SA.

What about if you are going with novated lease , as the orders are getting delayed, is it worth updating the finance details so early
Just tick "cash" for now, and once you have a VIN and a rough idea of when to expect your car you can ask Tesla to change it back to finance for you.

If you don't choose anything then you'll still get allocated a car in due course, but you won't get the "hidden" VIN.
The VIN will eventually show up on your account via the registration papers etc, but by choosing cash & having no other outstanding tasks you'll know what it is much sooner.

Oh, and don't bother asking Tesla for a trade-in at this stage. Having a pending trade-in request will also suppress the hidden VIN.
And you can always ask Tesla to reenable the trade-in section of your account afterwards.

Hi Full Bore,
Yeah Belyando is the logical choice geographically, although it's not the best in place to spend a night. I have to assume they are running off generators there, so imagine fast charging would be out. Destination charging maybe. We only need to be able to add about 100-150km of charge to make it viable.

Realistically, people from Townsville will probably continue to take the coast road instead of adding a night at Belyando. It might be different for people coming from Cairns, etc, who would be more ready for a stop anyway.

Your car hasn't arrived yet, has it? Are they charging you any extra to truck it to you? They said it wouldn't cost me any extra, which makes me wish I could get a discount by going to Brisbane to collect it!
Might get it Friday. Haven't heard from the transport mob yet (ceva?).
No extra charge.
Was in two minds about flying down to Brissy to drive it back. Turns out it would now have fitted better with other plans, but just have to wait now. It certainly would have been quicker. They've (transporters) had it for a week already, with an end date of May 17. :rolleyes:

Reactions: JonDarian
Just got a updated EDD 8/5 - 29/5 and build date is 21/4

no idea which ship would be in
There's 3 to choose from. Since they're already in the vicinity and only just getting assigned NOW... there's a chance, they're just getting started. A slim chance but yeah LET'S GOOOOO!!!

350.png

Just got a updated EDD 8/5 - 29/5 and build date is 21/4

no idea which ship would be in
My build date is also 21/4 which is only 5 days ago so it would still be en route wouldn't it? EDD updated to between 9/5 to 30/5 - If it was built in Shanghai on 21/4 I don't see how it could make it to Brisbane for the earlier part of the EDD date range. (rwd/white/black/gemini ordered 8/12).

My build date is also 21/4 which is only 5 days ago so it would still be en route wouldn't it? EDD updated to between 9/5 to 30/5 - If it was built in Shanghai on 21/4 I don't see how it could make it to Brisbane for the earlier part of the EDD date range. (rwd/white/black/gemini ordered 8/12).
That's what I meant, based on the Armacup schedule, most likely they will be in Turandot (if they are with Armacup) but it won't dock Brisbane until 17/5

So strange,

Keep your eye on Turandot then. It left Shanghai yesterday but the bad news is, it's going to Melbourne first so it's going to take a while.