Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a "Your Tesla Shop order has been shipped" email the day it came. The tracking they provided doesn't work even after delivery. You can apparently email [email protected] for support - I did to ask for an ETA so I could book an electrician to do the install, but they never replied.

Btw the rest of my order arrived a few moments ago. Same thing - shipped email this morning and then delivered a couple of hours later.

Thanks, he didn't receive anything, not even an email to say it was shipped. He managed to get hold of somebody on the 1800 number and turns out it has been sitting at the local post office for 2 weeks! He didn't even get a card to say we tried to deliver. He just went and picked it up, they were going to send it back to Tesla soon.

It
Thanks, he didn't receive anything, not even an email to say it was shipped. He managed to get hold of somebody on the 1800 number and turns out it has been sitting at the local post office for 2 weeks! He didn't even get a card to say we tried to deliver. He just went and picked it up, they were going to send it back to Tesla soon.
I ordered a UMC and some other items several weeks ago. The notifications were hilariously disconnected from reality, including one item receiving no notification at all. It took a few weeks for everything to arrive.

Startrack service has been going sharply downhill lately.

You're not alone, same on my page fwiw. Ive searched the source code for LRW, 5RJ, and "is_vin_assigned".... notta.

I think its safe to assume yours will appear before mine at least, given the next 3 ships are all Brisbane bound before Port Kembla
Glad I'm not alone but we'll have to see if it appears first. You never know with these things since we're in difference states.

Yep that may happen due to changes in CTP with regards to the car configuration - however this is a very bizzar turn of events given that cash settlement has been finalised. It would seem that there is nothing stopping Tesla from varying your final invoice/paytement figure up to the time you pick up the vehicle - which does not sound correct.
My CTP was $106 cheaper in the end, I think the CTP price is just an initial estimate, so that changes over time, once you get to the final invoice stage the ctp price would take into account your postcode. So for each config change the price of the configurator get used. now it's $437

Out of curiosity, what was your car's build date and does it still have USS (ultrasonics) on it?

Despite Shanghai builds not all not including sensors it seems like AU has still been getting them. I have a completely unfounded hunch that maybe the Y was 'certified' in AU with them so they stay.
Build date is 02/23 as for the USS no idea but I assume this is what your asking about

Attachments

• PXL_20230427_074700217.jpg
    PXL_20230427_074700217.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 46
Just the NFC cards.

The idea is that you use your smartphone (and/or smartwatch) in lieu of a keyfob.

I thought I'd miss having a dedicated keyfob, but DRIVE Electric for Tesla - Apps on Google Play does everything I need via my Pixel Watch.
Oh thank you for that, if youre using a smart watch do you have to put the watch in the cupholder area to start the car then? Im just wondering how annoying itll be to have to take out a card or phone everytime i need to open the door, i guess ill miss the ability to just have the key in my bag and just open the door to start driving etc..

Missed a call today and the got the following message…

“Hi Gordon,

I have just tried calling to congratulate you on placing an order for your new Tesla! I would love the opportunity to introduce myself and to let you know what to expect moving forward. Otherwise, please save this number in your phone and if you have any questions before your car arrives, the quickest way to get in touch is via SMS.
We look forward to you joining us on our mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy!
Thank you,

Thushan from Tesla Motors”

Is this phone call standard? Presume I wouldn’t have got any more details about timeline etc if I had answered.

Missed a call today and the got the following message…

“Hi Gordon,

I have just tried calling to congratulate you on placing an order for your new Tesla! I would love the opportunity to introduce myself and to let you know what to expect moving forward. Otherwise, please save this number in your phone and if you have any questions before your car arrives, the quickest way to get in touch is via SMS.
We look forward to you joining us on our mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy!
Thank you,

Thushan from Tesla Motors”

Is this phone call standard? Presume I wouldn’t have got any more details about timeline etc if I had answered.
It is a standard call. I spoke to SA and he didn’t give me any more details than I didn’t already know. That being said, I felt that the call was to see if I am keen to change from RWD to LR as they are readily available (which I said No to) and he tried selling me Tesla charger. In the end he did say that although I booked MY in April, very likely I’ll get a delivery in mid-June… 🤷🏻‍♂️

It is a standard call. I spoke to SA and he didn’t give me any more details than I didn’t already know. That being said, I felt that the call was to see if I am keen to change from RWD to LR as they are readily available (which I said No to) and he tried selling me Tesla charger. In the end he did say that although I booked MY in April, very likely I’ll get a delivery in mid-June… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Do you mean MYP, not LR? I can see plenty of the former in the inventory for NSW but no LR. I was not expecting any movement on LR at least until June.