Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing. I asked nicely, even offering to save Tesla $1500 they would spend trucking the car to me (by going and picking it up from them) and they didn't give me jack. I ordered two months before you. I've got my VIN, sent the paperwork and made payment and now they are indicating delays. I am definitely losing my sense of humour in dealing with Tesla.
that's a relatively short wait JD. Many with day one (June10 2022) MYP orders are still yet to receive their cars.

Reactions: Dannerz
To make things even more confusing, Palmela now listed as "in port" in Brisbane. Not being of maritime extraction or logistics by profession, I am trying to determine whether this means "docked" or just "waiting to dock" because it looks to still be at anchor off Caloundra.

Also, the Molace website is garbage because its scheduled arrival/ departure times for Palmela Brisbane have now gone back to 27th April.

My head hurts for a Saturday morning....

To make things even more confusing, Palmela now listed as "in port" in Brisbane. Not being of maritime extraction or logistics by profession, I am trying to determine whether this means "docked" or just "waiting to dock" because it looks to still be at anchor off Caloundra.

Also, the Molace website is garbage because its scheduled arrival/ departure times for Palmela Brisbane have now gone back to 27th April.

My head hurts for a Saturday morning....
Unfortunately it's in port at "Brisbane Anchorage" so not actually Brisbane port

Reactions: EVNthusiast
Unfortunately it's in port at "Brisbane Anchorage" so not actually Brisbane port
I suspected there must have been an interim step. Seems that any more precise information is kept behind paywalls and I'm not THAT invested. (Almost, but not quite). The first page of "in port" vehicles shows 7 vehicle carriers out of 20 ships so clearly cars are a bit of a theme at present.

In any event, there must be dynamic adjustments being made to docking and unloading schedules for the MolACE website to bounce around as much as it has. I'm just hoping for dynamic adjustments to bring dates forward rather than dynamic adjustments to push dates back. I got lulled into a false sense of security seeing Palmela zip in and out of Adelaide without a care in the world.

[Edit - QLD government shows Palmela departure 14th May which means imma going to be waiting for a little while longer]

View attachment 932851

Last edited:
Reactions: chbchb
Do not expect a VIN now to mid-end of May when Morning Cherry leaves. It arrives Melb 27/5 so will not make Feb-May EDD
If I miss that boat I say more likely I be in the next export cycle so July-August.
Picked up the Model 3 last week.. Wife now wondering do we get the Model Y or live with one car.
All depends. Turandot left Shanghai on the 25/04. I got a VIN earlier this week with a build date of 21/04. Teslas aren't made to order, they're built in configs then assigned afterwards, so I'm assuming it was prepared for loading/loaded and then VIN assigned. If it didn't make it on the Turandot it'll will be Morning Cherry but as you say it's unlikely as it would likely miss the May window. I've not seen anyone else with newly assigned VIN's with build dates after 21/04 yet and they have EDD's of May.

Also there may be others arriving into other ports that are planned to be transported down to Melbourne that you could be assigned. Many variables at play here and loads of vehicles arriving but Tesla have committed to saying all remaining Feb-May windows getting them in May.

Port delays are the only real issue with deliveries getting pushed to June.
I will DM you once I get my vin if that helps in any way.

Thanks mate - let me know what your build date is when you get it. 👍

Last edited:
There are M3P cars (about 85) loaded on World Spirit and due in Fremantle on May 5
They're not M3P. The VINs are all LRW3F7FS where F=LFP and S=Standard RWD motor (3D7)

1682733894027.png

that's a relatively short wait JD. Many with day one (June10 2022) MYP orders are still yet to receive their cars.
You are right, of course, and I feel sorry for MYP customers stuck with that kind of wait. I don't know how Tesla can justify it other than needing to supply other overseas orders first.

I am just pointing out a different example of Tesla's ordering process being unfair. When more recent orders get bonuses not available to earlier orders, it does sting a bit.

There are M3P cars (about 85) loaded on World Spirit and due in Fremantle on May 5. If you have a VIN you can track your car on the Molace website
Unfortunately no VIN, hidden or otherwise. Mine is a bog Std model 3, white with black interior and 18” aeros. I only ordered on April 4 or 5 this year, The day the price dropped to $60900. I had HOPED being Std and the fact that my EDD was given as April-May2023 would mean I might get it soon, despite everything I’ve read about their EDDs being…flexible. But alas, I don’t think so!

Got a vin Assigned. Melbourne MY RWD.. Del window shows May 9 to May 30. Any idea which ship? :)
When did you order? I ordered in November 2022. MY RWD Gemini wheels, black interior, with enhanced autopilot. But still have got no update or VIN, does anyone know when to expect my delivery, It says etd is Feb - May. I did call Tesla about this, but they basically said they do not know and couldn't help me

Also got it - hoping my car made it onto the Turandot, too. Build date was 21/04. Seeing as other VIC orders have EDD's of 26th May - 11th June currently, I'm expecting early June. Really depends how it works with unloading as I've got no idea after arriving on 9/10 May. Do they unload and sit at the docks before passing through but if no space they sit on the ships? Hopefully they can unload and head on to you relatively quickly, if so you could well see it before May end.
The ships are unloaded ASAP. Cars do not just sit on them. One of the reasons for delays in docking is to ensure the port has the capacity for the ship to unload. After that it depends on available parking next to the port, whether quarantine cleaning is required and what the supply of transporters to move them to distribution centres it.
A bad example is my car in Sydney. Arrived at Port Kembla late March, I won't see it until May 4th - ~6 weeks sitting in Autonexus car lot behind the huge load of Teslas from the ship before them.
It is chaotic in our ports at the moment and most of not all of it is totally out of Tesla's control. :(

Reactions: xavier2k3
Just got my delivery text and booked it for 4th May was only available slot.
Delivery window was 1 may - 22 may
Suppose it's still in the window frame but gave me little time to finalise finance paperwork.
Do they just require the final payment to be completed before pick-up or actually 48hrs prior?
It's Friday 530pm they sent the text message which gives me Monday and Tuesday to get lender to send through..quite tight imo but thoughts or advice would be appreciated
Hi Rene6age

I got my delivery text message yesterday at 5:45pm. I had options of 4th or 5th May. Booked in a Friday slot at Miranda.
I settled my loan on Thursday (27/4/23) afternoon and finance company transferred the loan amount overnight.
My account page source code revealed Tesla received the funds before 6am on Friday morning.
If you need advice the Tesla SMS response to my queries were within an hour each time.
Sent my loan remittance advice pdf via email to [email protected] so offer to that if you feel a bit pushed for time.
I think other people earlier in this thread have been later than 48hours in payment clearance and their delivery slot was still honoured.

My EDD got bumped twice: 11/4 to 2/5; 19/4 to 11/5; 01/5 to 22/5
Considering issues with delays at Port Kembla with Don Juan being docked 16/4 to 20/4 a two week timeframe from offload to Miranda is not too bad.

Hope your finances get sorted very quickly and you are on the road this Thursday.

Just got my delivery text and booked it for 4th May was only available slot.
Delivery window was 1 may - 22 may
Suppose it's still in the window frame but gave me little time to finalise finance paperwork.
Do they just require the final payment to be completed before pick-up or actually 48hrs prior?
It's Friday 530pm they sent the text message which gives me Monday and Tuesday to get lender to send through..quite tight imo but thoughts or advice would be appreciated
Hi Rene6age

I got my delivery text message yesterday at 5:45pm. I had options of 4th or 5th May. Booked in a Friday slot at Miranda.
I settled my loan on Thursday (27/4/23) afternoon and finance company transferred the loan amount overnight.
My account page source code revealed Tesla received the funds before 6am on Friday morning.
If you need advice the Tesla SMS response to my queries were within an hour each time.
Sent my loan remittance advice pdf via email to Tesla Sydney Sales so offer to that if you feel a bit pushed for time.
I think other people earlier in this thread have described been under 48hours in payment clearance and their delivery slot was still honoured.

My EDD got bumped twice: 1st 11/4 - 2/5; 2nd 19/4 - 11/5; 3rd 01/5 - 22/5
Considering issues with delays at Port Kembla with Don Juan being docked 16/4 to 20/4 a two week timeframe from offload to Miranda is not too bad.

Hope your finances get sorted very quickly and you are on the road this Thursday.

You are right, of course, and I feel sorry for MYP customers stuck with that kind of wait. I don't know how Tesla can justify it other than needing to supply other overseas orders first.

I am just pointing out a different example of Tesla's ordering process being unfair. When more recent orders get bonuses not available to earlier orders, it does sting a bit.
yes unfortunately Tesla's order matching process seems to be based on a random number generator.

Reactions: JonDarian