Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a strange way of framing it. My read of that situation is "international shipping corporation Linx has breached it's health and safety obligations and there now needs to be an investigation by the Victorian OHS regulator so that people who work in isolated environments aren't missed in an emergency and injured or killed". Fires on ships (even small ones) can be very dangerous and injure people badly.

The further implication of this is that if anyone is responsible for holding up all our Tesla deliveries coming through the port in Melbourne, it's the Linx company who should run a safer operation (as they are legally required to do).
Not disagreeing with you about Linx.
Although they could have moved the boat somewhere else for repairs in almost 3 months.
Taking 1/3 spots does hold up unloading from the port.

80 was the last 2 digits of my VIN from yesterday that disappeared - if everyone else VIN ended with that as well, then maybe it is "B"
We have exactly the same order. My last 2 digits were 78
I must of had a hidden vin as well as I have an empty rego form now.
Mine has error loading the Rego form now.
Did anyone manage to find out from Tesla whether the glitch yesterday was:

a) Website issue, still ongoing; whereby the VINs and EDD were correct temporarily BUT now the website won't display the rego/dates
[or]
b) They incorrectly assigned phantom VINS that were never meant to be assigned to us....and we're no closer to delivery than this time last month.

I find "B" hard to believe. Not because I don't want it to be true, but how the VINs were created/assigned in the first place?
Unless they doubled-up and assigned the same VIN to multiple people. Bah!
The only thing I can think of is maybe they were the LR VINs of the same colour/interior/wheels and they were mistaken for RWD VINs.

Did anyone manage to find out from Tesla whether the glitch yesterday was:

a) Website issue, still ongoing; whereby the VINs and EDD were correct temporarily BUT now the website won't display the rego/dates
[or]
b) They incorrectly assigned phantom VINS that were never meant to be assigned to us....and we're no closer to delivery than this time last month.

I find "B" hard to believe. Not because I don't want it to be true, but how the VINs were created/assigned in the first place?
Unless they doubled-up and assigned the same VIN to multiple people. Bah!
I just spoke to them. It's B.

They cooked it and assigned people a VIN that they should have never got.
The website today is correct and most of us haven't moved forward at all from 72hrs ago.

That's a strange way of framing it. My read of that situation is "international shipping corporation Linx has breached it's health and safety obligations and there now needs to be an investigation by the Victorian OHS regulator so that people who work in isolated environments aren't missed in an emergency and injured or killed". Fires on ships (even small ones) can be very dangerous and injure people badly.

The further implication of this is that if anyone is responsible for holding up all our Tesla deliveries coming through the port in Melbourne, it's the Linx company who should run a safer operation (as they are legally required to do).
Surely they can move the boat whilst carrying on their investigation?

That's reasonable, but remember that some people need to complete the transaction before the end of financial year. Others are keeping an old car alive while waiting for the replacement. Some have sold their old car, and then the replacement is delayed... There are a lot of reasons why it can be difficult to "just get on with your life" when the delays are longer than indicated.
Hey I was just wondering why some people need to have the transaction completed by eofy? Is it something to with tax?

Spoke to who exactly? I doubt the sales rep would have that level of detail.
I didn't receive a VIN/updated EDD yesterday.
The call centre. They said it was an "allocation error" and gave that level of detail.
They didn't say the words "cooked it" - but yes if you also call you'd get the same response presumably.
...or not it's Tesla.

@borgsta - you may have. It was a window of about 3 hours. No email/text - just updated on App/Website.
To know for sure, if you were impacted you'd still see a rego form (although it's broken)

Reactions: bean2006
The call centre. They said it was an "allocation error" and gave that level of detail.
They didn't say the words "cooked it" - but yes if you also call you'd get the same response presumably.
...or not it's Tesla.

@borgsta - you may have. It was a window of about 3 hours. No email/text - just updated on App/Website.
To know for sure, if you were impacted you'd still see a rego form (although it's broken)
Yeah unfortunately I checked in that magical window and had no updates and there is still no rego form on my account pages.