Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your car is most likely on the Turandot which is docking tomorrow morning now I would imagine. I ordered the same time as you and have similar EDD and imagine Tesla are giving a month extra for port delays. Message Tesla if you have no invoice yet, you should have it by now. I got mine a day after my vin got assigned. When did you get your vin?
Thanks for replying
I got my VIN on 5/5/23.
But then I called tesla re-registered from a person vehicle to my companies vehicle to save on taxes. Does that affect the final invoice?

Thanks. Was hoping to hear this from someone who physically picks up a car that was built in this half of the year.

As I stated I am in the same boat as you already, and not expecting one.
Several people here have described receiving their car without a UMC. Here's an example:
How's the car generally mate? Mines still in transit to NQ.
Ordered and received a UMC after seeing the dates for its discontinuance on here. We missed out by about 10 or 11 days by memory.
If you click on Full Bore's name and read their post history, you will see they took delivery in April, with no UMC.

Thanks for replying
I got my VIN on 5/5/23.
But then I called tesla re-registered from a person vehicle to my companies vehicle to save on taxes. Does that affect the final invoice?
Oh there's still time then for you to receive it. I would definitely follow up with them if you haven't got it by the end of the week perhaps. I don't know how changing the registration affects things to be honest.

Can someone tell me what happens next, when do we get the actual date of delivery? do we get option to select and schedule when we can collect the car?

You'll get a choice of a few possible pickup times and have to schedule one of them.

Secondly wanted to get some guidance on the Charger - Tesla charge vs Zappi? what do you guys suggest?

I would get the Tesla wall charger - it's a nice unit, well built and great value.

I do not believe you will ever make back the additional cost of the Zappi through avoided grid imports. You can get most of the way there through scheduling charging for typical solar generation times; or, if you have a compatible inverter, the software solution of ChargeHQ.

(But start a new thread if you want a wider range of opinions, this thread isn't the best place for broader questions like that)

Got my txt and email last Friday that my Model Y has been assigned, yesterday I got the txt and email that my final invoice and registration document are available. Perfect timing as I need it before EOFY. Just wondering when I should complete the registration form. Very Excited.

Order date: 17/03/2023 (Sydney)
Design detail: Model Y RWD, White, Black interior, 19" Gemini
EDD: May 26 - June 16
Build date: 26/04/2023

It's happening, good luck to all that are still waiting. Should be any day now 🫰.

Got my txt and email last Friday that my Model Y has been assigned, yesterday I got the txt and email that my final invoice and registration document are available. Perfect timing as I need it before EOFY. Just wondering when I should complete the registration form. Very Excited.

Order date: 17/03/2023 (Sydney)
Design detail: Model Y RWD, White, Black interior, 19" Gemini
EDD: May 26 - June 16
Build date: 26/04/2023

It's happening, good luck to all that are still waiting. Should be any day now 🫰.
I don't think there is any harm in doing the rego form straight away. I returned mine about four weeks before delivery is likely.
I also need my car before EOFY (Queensland, order date 0ctober 2022). EDD late May.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Assume you don't have any concerns around non-OEM charger re damage etc?

Have you had any issues with it?
Adaptors like these don’t do any of the work anyway; they just tell the car how much current it can draw as the car will use it’s onboard charger

You’ll also find most public chargers aren’t tesla branded too