Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I got the same SMS. Was really hoping it was the delivery SMS rather than the "get ready to get a delivery SMS" SMS :) . Still, progress.

Nothing in RAV yet. Given we're both July 22 orders, I would be very disappointed if we weren't near the front of the queue and also hitting a May delivery window.
Just received my sms “ your model y is approaching “
Ordered 6 July 22- Gold Coast
EDD May 22 - June12
Checked RAV - not registered yet

Hey fellow humans....

FYI:

My config :: Model Y, Midnight Silver, 20" Induction, Black Interior
Initial Delivery Window :: Feb-May 2023
Ordered :: Sept 2022
VIN, Final Invoice, VicRoads registration :: April 18th 2023
Build Date :: April 3rd 2023

Spoke to Tesla sales support on the 19th April. They said your Y is on the boat (the only boat I could find that it could be on at the time was the Morning Cherry heading to Port Kembla -- seemed to line up).

Morning Cherry docked on May 1st, my RAV entry in the system on May 4th.

Seems as though my car has been sitting out in the weather for two weeks at Port Kembla (while others from the same ship are/have picked theirs up already :( ).

I called Tesla yesterday, the guy said I was just unlucky that it's still in Port Kembla (but didn't have any other info).

Have also been going back and forth on the sms support with "Tesla Team". They said they have no access to car's exact whereabouts, and said that it's probably on a ship somewhere en-route (told them that's not what others from Tesla have told me, and doesn't marry up to data points I have).

They really seem a bit inconsistent.

Anyway, I'm still awaiting my sms/email to schedule pick-up from Port Melbourne. Keen to know if anyone else is in the same situation, and has any more detail.

Also, has anyone picked up a car from an April + build date and note if they have USS or not?

Interesting that palmela is still docked. I wonder if the heavy rains have slowed things. The past 2-3 boats docked for under 24 hours.
It was always scheduled to dock for longer according to what I saw. Perhaps that means there's more Teslas being delivered than anticipated?

On a side note, Palmela's vehicles now are in RAV. I can finally see mine.

Reactions: chbchb and hillgun