Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looking at Port Kembla and the huge row of vehicle carriers waiting to dock.
Meanwhile, Bravery Ace and Dream Jasmine have both been taking up space there since 11/05 and 13/05, respectively.
Does it really take that long to unload?

In Brisbane, Tannhauser and Palmela are both preparing to leave (hopefully replaced by two other vehicle carriers.)

This article came out on the 9th of May. Tesla Model Y sold out for Q2 - From The Driven
What's your take on this? Do you think those of us who ordered up to April are likely to see our cars on this side of the financial year?
Here is hoping, considering that I mostly bought it to take advantage of the temporary full expensing which finishes June 30th. I'll likely cancel my reservation if I don't get it prior to EOFY.

On a more serious note and to your point, I reckon they are gonna try to push hard and squeeze as many deliveries as possible before the end of the financial year.

Reactions: TExplorerDU
Has anyone with a build date of 24/04/2023 received any update on delivery? I am still seeing May 25 to 15 June as EDD. On a positive side note, I received a charging voucher from Tesla as my original order date was 10/06/2022 (switched to LR from MYP).

Did they send you another SMS or call you?
They called as the vehicle was arriving earlier than expected. They where pretty tight on available times though. But they did say I could keep the original time if i preferred.

Was your balance fully paid off and that's why you got this option? I can't imagine they can just move you forward by 2 days without your permission if you're going through finance/novated leasing where the company needs a few days to transfer the money. Would be stressful as otherwise.
No, before confirming the change he queried that i could pay in full prior to the new delivery date. Settled the funds this afternoon so all sorted.

Has anyone with a build date of 24/04/2023 received any update on delivery? I am still seeing May 25 to 15 June as EDD. On a positive side note, I received a charging voucher from Tesla as my original order date was 10/06/2022 (switched to LR from MYP).
I think the date range is different for Melbourne and Sydney orders. I've got the same build date but have 22 may -12 June as the date range. Think the car is on Grand Eagle. Definitely couldn't have been on Turandot as if that was the case, then I would have been able to see it on RAV. So, if you're in Sydney then maybe they are trucking them over.

Reactions: MyPWSyd
How do you figure it out?

Ordered 4th July 2022 - Gold Coast.
EDD - May 23 - June 13
BD - 05/03/2023
I ordered pretty close to you, similar EDD, Sydney, same BD.
Just checked RAV, date of entry:16/05.
I also checked MOL, my MY is on SUNLIGHT ACE, headed to PORT KEMBLA, ETA 20/05.

Does anyone know likely how long will it take for Tesla to schedule my delivery at this stage? Huge thanks.

Last edited:
Nope, mine still shows the same dates as yours for a Sydney order. I changed from a RWD Aug order to LR on 04/04 - I wish I got that credit!

Reactions: MyPWSyd
Hey fellow humans....

FYI:

My config :: Model Y, Midnight Silver, 20" Induction, Black Interior
Initial Delivery Window :: Feb-May 2023
Ordered :: Sept 2022
VIN, Final Invoice, VicRoads registration :: April 18th 2023
Build Date :: April 3rd 2023

Spoke to Tesla sales support on the 19th April. They said your Y is on the boat (the only boat I could find that it could be on at the time was the Morning Cherry heading to Port Kembla -- seemed to line up).

Morning Cherry docked on May 1st, my RAV entry in the system on May 4th.

Seems as though my car has been sitting out in the weather for two weeks at Port Kembla (while others from the same ship are/have picked theirs up already :( ).

I called Tesla yesterday, the guy said I was just unlucky that it's still in Port Kembla (but didn't have any other info).

Have also been going back and forth on the sms support with "Tesla Team". They said they have no access to car's exact whereabouts, and said that it's probably on a ship somewhere en-route (told them that's not what others from Tesla have told me, and doesn't marry up to data points I have).

They really seem a bit inconsistent.

Anyway, I'm still awaiting my sms/email to schedule pick-up from Port Melbourne. Keen to know if anyone else is in the same situation, and has any more detail.

Also, has anyone picked up a car from an April + build date and note if they have USS or not?
Same here, ordered July 22, built in March and RAV entry date in middle of Apr. EDD changed twice from 18 Apr to 11 May, then 21 May.
No clue where is it or on which boat.
BTW, I’m based in Melbourne.

Hi,

Im based in the ACT. Ordered MY RWD April and keen to get a car before end of financial year. I’ve seen a few cars come up interstate in the existing inventory on the Tesla website but they seem to get snapped up quickly.

If I were able to buy one of these interstate MY’s, are there any issues/additional costs with me collecting interstate and registering in the ACT? Would I have to forfeit my initial $400 deposit or do you think Tesla would apply it to the new / 2nd order?

Cheers