Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reminder for those people that wanted to know when Tesla Webinars are on as they haven't had any interaction post ordering.

One running tomorrow 18th May at 12PM AEST and another one June 1st. Sign up on link below.

For anyone with a 24 / 4 build date with a date range of June 10 - July 1, this might be useful for you.
Just spoke to SA who said hes pretty sure my car is on Grand Eagle.
Its almost at Melbourne (Due 14th) then its heading to Port Kembla (24th) and who knows when for Brissy. Our port site is useless and also full of JS error alerts so cant even search lol.

Has anyone with a build date of 24/04/2023 received any update on delivery? I am still seeing May 25 to 15 June as EDD. On a positive side note, I received a charging voucher from Tesla as my original order date was 10/06/2022 (switched to LR from MYP).
Grand Eagle will be berth to Port Melbourne Webb Dock 1 West on 18/05/2023 00:01, hopefully, BD 24/04/23 will update RAV tonight

Reactions: MyPWSyd
I had the same concern, the SA advised that the cars coming to Australia do have the USS installed! :)
I’m also curious about the parcel shelf. I know it’s been discussed many times before and my educated guess would be 95% it’s not there.

Looking at the Aus manual, it hasn’t been updated with the parcel shelf section like the UK one.

I do find its absence strange given that Tesla has been shipping MY with parcel shelves to other markets for a while, including from the Shanghai gigafactory. So that would mean they have to maintain two different sets of side inserts for the boot in the same factory - very unlike Tesla!

But hey… at least we still get USS and (according to @grizzlybear’s SA) comfort suspension. That’s 2 out of 3 ✅’s for me!

Reactions: RonDownUnder
Today’s the day, fellows!
Picking up our MY RWD MSM with black interior and Gemini wheels from Port Melbourne.
OD - 25/12.

I will post some photos of the delivery center and the collection day experience if it helps.
Congrats GB! Picked up RWD 2 weeks ago. White / white. Very happy!

Also saw a Super charger tech servicing chargers in CBD and it was mentioned Australia has the highest reliability rate metric in terms of functioning/reliability in world currently of chargers: 99.6%. All new chargers being rolled out across Oz will be V3 version.

It appears that discussions take place on weekly basis on future locations in Oz and that a significant amount of pre-work required with liaising with authorities/energy providers etc…

All those awaiting for MY - it is well worth it!
Congrats to the both of you!
@JNTOZ - 😍 - that masterspec Y 🤤

Reactions: grizzlybear
Should I be concerned? The RAV database said my car arrived 14/04/2023?? WTF is the car... Build date
17/03/2023???
That's not great by any means. Your RAV entry is earlier than mine, and much earlier than many others that have picked up their car after the Morning Cherry unloaded on May 1st at Port Kembla.

I was just told (over the phone by Tesla) that I was simply unlucky that I was caught up in a queue on the Port Kembla car lots (either awaiting customs / bio security clearance, or available third party logistics to carry the car to the delivery centre).

Really seems like that getting in early with orders etc doesn't really translate to anything much given all the moving parts/variables.

Not ideal, as we are not enjoying/realising the value of the purchase, and each week that passes is in some way a reduction in value (given Project Juniper upcoming, reducing the time we get to enjoy the latest model ahead of the refresh hitting the streets). Marginal I know, but still annoying in some small way.

That's not great by any means. Your RAV entry is earlier than mine, and much earlier than many others that have picked up their car after the Morning Cherry unloaded on May 1st at Port Kembla.

I was just told (over the phone by Tesla) that I was simply unlucky that I was caught up in a queue on the Port Kembla car lots (either awaiting customs / bio security clearance, or available third party logistics to carry the car to the delivery centre).

Really seems like that getting in early with orders etc doesn't really translate to anything much given all the moving parts/variables.

Not ideal, as we are not enjoying/realising the value of the purchase, and each week that passes is in some way a reduction in value (given Project Juniper upcoming, reducing the time we get to enjoy the latest model ahead of the refresh hitting the streets). Marginal I know, but still annoying in some small way.
Mostly worried about the car sitting out in the salty air. I will be going over it with a fine toothcomb if I ever get a pick-up date!!!

Reactions: Ben MYBlack
Mostly worried about the car sitting out in the salty air. I will be going over it with a fine toothcomb if I ever get a pick-up date!!!
Same. Great customer service from Tesla (given this ongoing delivery issue) would be to not only detail the car, but do/offer a ceramic coating.

I'm looking at PPF as well (which would have to go on before ceramic coating). I also don't plan on leaving it out by the sea for 3+ weeks (so to me, certainly feels second hand in some small way).

:(

the RAV database not mean the car is physically on land yet, it could be still o
Most likely, but not guaranteed. Some ships come into Bris first, all the vins get logged at that point, but your car may need to be dropped off in Syd/Mel for example.

I’m also curious about the parcel shelf. I know it’s been discussed many times before and my educated guess would be 95% it’s not there.
No parcel shelf as yet for any Model Ys - they use a different plastic housing around the boot-area to hold up the shelf. MYLR's could be the first ones to get it if they've kept the same part/sku as the UK. I'll take USS over the parcel shelf as much as i want it (and people hate it apparently)

Should I be concerned? The RAV database said my car arrived 14/04/2023?? WTF is the car... Build date
17/03/2023???
Same build date and same RAV entry date…LOL

Have you guys tried your VINS in the MOLACE tracker to see if it came up there? If not, looking at the Armacup schedule around your build date points to Morning Cherry which actually arrived in Brisbane 13/4 and left on the 14/4 and arrived in PK 1/5 and left 4/5, different to what's on the schedule below.

So you're probably caught up in the crazy PK congestion. It came through on RAV when it unloaded at Brisbane most likely as first international port of entry.

1684299714099.png

1684299769018.png

Have you guys tried your VINS in the MOLACE tracker to see if it came up there? If not, looking at the Armacup schedule around your build date points to Morning Cherry which actually arrived in Brisbane 13/4 and left on the 14/4 and arrived in PK 1/5 and left 4/5, different to what's on the schedule below.

So you're probably caught up in the crazy PK congestion. It came through on RAV when it unloaded at Brisbane most likely as first international port of entry.

View attachment 938474
View attachment 938475
So did yours come in on the Turandot to Port Melbourne (given you're picking up on Friday you lucky bugger :)) ?

Super happy for you -- will live vicariously through your joy while I wait :)