Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MY RWD build date of 21/04 and RAV 10/05 would have been on Turandot, I suspect? I was expecting a delivery text this week as the EDD was 16/05-06/06 which however got pushed back to 27/05-13/06. Mulgrave pick up ( I suspect).

I know both Xavier and Brendan from the forum had similar build date and RAV date got delivery booked already (port Melbourne location though), but am just worried that trucking to Mulgrave would take this long. Not sure whether I can change the pick up location now or offer some assistance in driving that truck, not that I’m licensed to.

Reactions: hxofmylr
This will be me signing out of this thread - MYRWD white/white/20” collected yesterday from Miranda. OD 26/12/22.

The car park was wayyyy fuller than when I test drove back in January, rows of new vehicles parked in, nowhere left to park VS in January, ample parking spaces available.

There were 7 vehicles being picked up in my time slot. We were a bit early and then out of there 10 minutes after the scheduled pick up time. Car was fully charged.

It has USS, build date 3rd April. I didn’t ask about comfort suspension but in my opinion the ride feels very smooth (although admittedly I am coming from a Hilux/Mazda 3 household so no comparison to the luxury SUVs).

Finish is not perfect but appears to be passable (for example, the panel gap on left side of the frunk is noticeably smaller than that of the right side - however it is minor).

#1 biggest surprise is quality of the sound system. It is unreal. Check your EQ settings as mine were all on max 8.0 from pick up.

Love the driving experience, so much fun. And now the wait feels like nothing!

Catch you all on the road 👋

My MY RWD build date of 21/04 and RAV 10/05 would have been on Turandot, I suspect? I was expecting a delivery text this week as the EDD was 16/05-06/06 which however got pushed back to 27/05-13/06. Mulgrave pick up ( I suspect).

I know both Xavier and Brendan from the forum had similar build date and RAV date got delivery booked already (port Melbourne location though), but am just worried that trucking to Mulgrave would take this long. Not sure whether I can change the pick up location now or offer some assistance in driving that truck, not that I’m licensed to.
Hi D, same for me too.. did you try calling tesla support.? They don't even confirming the car is in Melbourne or not.

Brendan is Mulgrave. It's Ryhunter who is Port Melbourne. The transporters can only take 7 cars at a time so if there are loads of cars it'll cause delays. You could try calling them to see if it makes it faster and see what they say but from what RM said, looks like it's based on customer location which would make sense, I'm much closer to Port Melbourne.

Last edited:
Reactions: deinau
Hi D, same for me too.. did you try calling tesla support.? They don't even confirming the car is in Melbourne or not.
Just spoke with Tesla support, the agent said I will be looking at the early part of the window, possibly 27th or 28th May. It's funny he said it's all dependent on how many breaks that truck drivers take, so that's a confirmation the car is definitely in the country and parked at port melbourne. I also asked about delivery location change and the answer is also no. I thought I'd try my luck with UMC whilst I've got him, and as expected answer is no, no voucher. My other complication is I finance through a noveated leasing company so I asked when I can instruct on settlement, the answer provided was a bit vague. He said it can be done when delivery SMS is received but when I said I didn't want any further delay as it takes time for them to transfer fund and then 2 days window before delivery, he then said some customers choose to inform the leasing company to transfer fund earlier. I will give a call to the noveated leasing company and see what they have to say on this.

Just spoke with Tesla support, the agent said I will be looking at the early part of the window, possibly 27th or 28th May. It's funny he said it's all dependent on how many breaks that truck drivers take, so that's a confirmation the car is definitely in the country and parked at port melbourne. I also asked about delivery location change and the answer is also no. I thought I'd try my luck with UMC whilst I've got him, and as expected answer is no, no voucher. My other complication is I finance through a noveated leasing company so I asked when I can instruct on settlement, the answer provided was a bit vague. He said it can be done when delivery SMS is received but when I said I didn't want any further delay as it takes time for them to transfer fund and then 2 days window before delivery, he then said some customers choose to inform the leasing company to transfer fund earlier. I will give a call to the noveated leasing company and see what they have to say on this.
Great! A step in right direction for you and some good info to share with everyone.

Thanks Deinau.. Good to know the possible window at least.
Did you order at chad stone by any chance?
I am also through leasing company. They should be able to send the cheque or transfer the money in couple of days.
I will aslo give Tesla a call and see the response aligns with yours. It seems the order fee hasn't been deducted from the drive away price in the invoice.

Cheers

I haven’t seen mine either (LR with a 24/04 BD). I note on Port Authority NSW that the Grand Eagle is due to dock in Port Kembla on the 30th of May. Is that when the NSW cars are likely to get entered into RAV?
It was scheduled to dock 25th May before, now delayed 5 days... regarding your question. I am not 100% sure. but I assume that would be the case.

could be because of this
1684373084946.png