Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should I be concerned? The RAV database said my car arrived 14/04/2023?? WTF is the car... Build date
17/03/2023???
After messaging our SA asking where the car is, got a reply the next day with a time to book in for collection on the 26th. No idea if this helped or just a coincidence but happy that I now finally have a delivery and collection date.

Last edited:
I just checked RAV. It’s now showing :). I’m guessing will still need to wait till Grand Eagle gets to Port Kembla before I get the scheduled for delivery text.
Yes, I can see mine too. I guess we were too impatient in the first place 😁. But haven't received "delivery is approaching" email or message. Guess that won't happen until the ship arrives in Sydney

Thanks for the detailed write up! So much info.

Which place did you end up going with for this?
I’m a part time car detailer and have been doing this for more than 7 years. So I’m comfortable paint correcting and applying ceramic coatings. I’m applying the new CarPro D Quartz which looks to be more durable than the usual C Quartz UK 3.0 (which has been a staple for many detailers).

Our VIN now in RAV today, so I guess it's on the Melbourne boat. Build date (from RAV) 2023-04, nothing more specific since we don't have the invoice.

This is the MYLR 20" Red / White interior order made last Friday "off the shelf" for NSW.

There's been no SMS or email or any change online in Tesla's interface, just EDD "May 26 - Jun 16".

Reactions: bean2006
for all the ones buying the car with novated leasing. do you get charged for luxury tax? it's not a big amount (fortnightly),but I thought it should't be there. I called my leasing company they said it's something to do with ATO ruling.
The other thing is they can only claim GST up to $5,855.55 which is less than the GST amount on the final invoice from Tesla.

Have you experienced the same?

1684379853661.png

Nope, not yet, but I really don't begrudge the folk who ordered any date before me and haven't received a Vin yet! (Anyone who ordered afterwards and has taken delivery is fair game tho....).
If they can be trusted, I spoke to an SA yesterday who said it's "likely" I will receive a vehicle allocation in the next couple of weeks, but I'm resigned to seeing the EDD slip to July. With the number of ships lined up off the Sunny Cast at the moment, I guess there will be quite a few deliveries happening over the next 4-6 weeks in SEQ.
Thanks for the reply.

for all the ones buying the car with novated leasing. do you get charged for luxury tax? it's not a big amount (fortnightly),but I thought it should't be there. I called my leasing company they said it's something to do with ATO ruling.
The other thing is they can only claim GST up to $5,855.55 which is less than the GST amount on the final invoice from Tesla.

View attachment 938761
That's interesting. I can see from my quote, full amount of GST has been deducted from the Car cost, even the options are calculated exc GST. Which company are you with, XLBo?

View attachment 938761
Mine also looks same.
I have a Luxury Lease impact cost of 67.05 / Month.

View attachment 938761
Yes this is nothing to do with the Luxury Car Tax, but is another way your employer gets slugged with vehicles over a certain price. SG fleet went through it with me, but it's basically your employer will get charged it, so they are passing it on. I probably didn't explain it very well, but you can't get out of it anyway.

I also got my VIN in RAV, hooray!

Yes this is nothing to do with the Luxury Car Tax, but is another way your employer gets slugged with vehicles over a certain price. SG fleet went through it with me, but it's basically your employer will get charged it, so they are passing it on. I probably didn't explain it very well, but you can't get out of it anyway.

I also got my VIN in RAV, hooray!
looks like you are also with SG fleet. have they claimed full amount for GST for you or like mine?

Reactions: t3sla-007