Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spent 40 minutes on hold on the phone to be given.....no information. They don't have any access to any systems that tell them anything, nor do they really care - in the nicest way I can say that. They sell more cars then they can make and aren't on commission or assessed on performance and customer satisfaction so there's no real need ot do anything other than state: just wait until the app updates.
Same experience here. The different chaps on the phone have been buttery smooth, kind and with a smiling voice say ...

"mmmm mmm yes, I totally understand your frustration, be assured we're equally motivated to get you your gorgeous new car. Please wait for the update in your app, and look out for that delivery appointment text, we're excited for you!" *high five over the phone vibes*

I thank them (for nothing really) and know that they offered me no update, and either don't know, or are instructed to keep it vague due to crappy final mile planning, and/or some factors out of their direct control (although, as we know, they can always influence an outcome given appropriate motivation).

Reactions: houdini
Nope. I received a "Delivery Approaching" email/SMS earlier this week.

SA informed me that we should get a Delivery appointment message in "5-7 days or more" after we receive the "Delivery approaching" email. So Palmela cars will get the most anticipated SMS next week
Yah.. it's that word "should" that always unsettles me... prefer a "will". I received my "delivery is approaching" text 3 weeks ago :(

Had your car been unloaded by the time the "delivery approaching" message came out? Put another way, had the ship actually docked?
Hey there -- so, I received my "delivery is approaching" sms/email when my car was unloaded (from the Morning Cherry RoRo) in Port Kembla and awaiting customs clearance (also the same day my RAV entry appeared). It has been sitting in the weather at Port Kembla since ~May 1st.

Seems like some of us are kind of first in, last out
Something interesting I've noticed: in Jan 2023, when Tesla reduced MY prices in AU and applied that lower pricing for earlier orders, they also updated existing Order Agreements. I recently checked my my OA and noticed it's got a date of 6/01/23 - even though I originally placed my order on 29/10/2022.

Just a thought, but this could have inadvertently affected the VIN allocation order at a later stage. Which would explain why some who ordered in Sep/Oct are still waiting. They effectively became "early Jan" orders in the system.

I might be wrong but curious to hear from anyone else still waiting with a Sep/Oct order if you also have a different OD in your Order Agreement?

Something interesting I've noticed: in Jan 2023, when Tesla reduced MY prices in AU and applied that lower pricing for earlier orders, they also updated existing Order Agreements. I recently checked my my OA and noticed it's got a date of 6/01/23 - even though I originally placed my order on 29/10/2022.

Just a thought, but this could have inadvertently affected the VIN allocation order at a later stage. Which would explain why some who ordered in Sep/Oct are still waiting. They effectively became "early Jan" orders in the system.

I might be wrong but curious to hear from anyone else still waiting with a Sep/Oct order if you also have a different OD in your Order Agreement?
I noticed the same thing. I ordered in September 2022, and my order date updated with the new agreement post price adjustment.
However, my build date was the 3rd April, and just luck of the draw, those with a build date 24th April that got on a later ship, but didn't get held up at port, have received their car earlier.

Reactions: KonVS
Got VIN assigned a month ago with no EDD for build date of 14/4 (havent seen anyone else with this build date) 2 weeks ago got an EDD is saying May 31-Jun 21. Do we get another message to schedule the date of pick up between these dates? Or is there another chance that itll get delayed? Surprised people with later build dates have been getting their EDD earlier than mine?
Ordered 31/12/22 Sydney in store White Exterior, White interior Gemini wheels.

This was also my concern, OD end of July 2022 and in the order agreement the date was changed to Jan 2023.
Called Tesla and was advised my original order date still end of July 2022.

Got VIN assigned a month ago with no EDD for build date of 14/4 (havent seen anyone else with this build date) 2 weeks ago got an EDD is saying May 31-Jun 21. Do we get another message to schedule the date of pick up between these dates? Or is there another chance that itll get delayed? Surprised people with later build dates have been getting their EDD earlier than mine?
Ordered 31/12/22 Sydney in store White Exterior, White interior Gemini wheels.
Yes, you should get another message to schedule the date of pickup (apparently they are giving a few options to choose from).

Yes, there is a chance it will be delayed again. It's relatively common, but obviously being this close gives hope that the date range will stick. My first EDD ends on 21 May, but was revised back into June.

Yes, it is frustrating watching people get build dates and EDDs ahead of you when you ordered before them. You ordered more than two months after me and you build date and EDD range are about a week earlier than mine.

Yes, you should get another message to schedule the date of pickup (apparently they are giving a few options to choose from).

Yes, there is a chance it will be delayed again. It's relatively common, but obviously being this close gives hope that the date range will stick. My first EDD ends on 21 May, but was revised back into June.

Yes, it is frustrating watching people get build dates and EDDs ahead of you when you ordered before them. You ordered more than two months after me and you build date and EDD range are about a week earlier than mine.
Do you mind me asking when you received your different EDDs did you have a VIN assigned + Rego papers returned to them? Would that be holding it up if i havent returned the rego papers when i received final invoice? Or none of that matters

i think your car is on turandot with mine. I'm still showing edd 6-27/6 and unless turandot gets to berth early, im expecting my car to be delivered in that window.

Reactions: JonDarian
Great to see so many deliveries, finally.
With an August 2022 order date not sure what we did wrong but we are still waiting for a final delivery date. Currently May21-Jun11 EDD.
Apparently its on the 'Sunlight Ace' which is due in Port Kembla in the next few days.

This was also my concern, OD end of July 2022 and in the order agreement the date was changed to Jan 2023.
Called Tesla and was advised my original order date still end of July 2022.
Same here - they go by the order number not by order date - otherwise the 6+ changes I made to my spec would mean my Jan order is really an April order
The final change was to the LR and I seem to be in the first batch of VINs above others who ordered on day 1

Great to see so many deliveries, finally.
With an August 2022 order date not sure what we did wrong but we are still waiting for a final delivery date. Currently May21-Jun11 EDD.
Apparently its on the 'Sunlight Ace' which is due in Port Kembla in the next few days.
Just "unlucky" is literally what a couple of Tesla reps have told me.

There's still a massive backlog at Port Kembla from the 1st of May after the Morning Cherry docked (including mine).
To set expectations, you may see a number of later EDD changes over the coming week(s) :(

Do you mind me asking when you received your different EDDs did you have a VIN assigned + Rego papers returned to them? Would that be holding it up if i havent returned the rego papers when i received final invoice? Or none of that matters
My VIN had been assigned, so it's not like they switched my order to a later car or anything like that. I returned my rego papers almost immediately.

Reactions: Nrcl