Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting fact that Chinese citizens get their cars within one months after order data and for those ones living in Shanghai, they get cars within 2 weeks. Understand it takes time to ship cars to AU but the wait time is unbelievably long given some of you ordered june/july last year. i guess the port issue has played a big part in this

I now have the final invoice and therefore the build date for my MYLR 20" Red / White interior order made last Friday "off the shelf" for NSW. Also in RAV as of yesterday. (Hilariously the custom order made 04/04/2023 is still unmatched / no progress.)

Build date 23/04/2023
EDD still May 26 - June 16

I'm loathe to give an extended loan to Tesla if it's going to be delayed anyway (since it's probably on Grand Eagle if it was added yesterday, which the Port Kembla site says only arrives May 30th). Anyone have thoughts?

Got VIN assigned a month ago with no EDD for build date of 14/4 (havent seen anyone else with this build date) 2 weeks ago got an EDD is saying May 31-Jun 21. Do we get another message to schedule the date of pick up between these dates? Or is there another chance that itll get delayed? Surprised people with later build dates have been getting their EDD earlier than mine?
Ordered 31/12/22 Sydney in store White Exterior, White interior Gemini wheels.
Location-Sydney, OD 9 Jan, MY Standard White+Black interior, VIN assigned 22 Apr with Exactly same BD-14/4 & EDD- 31May-21Jun. I am guessing its on the vessel (Morning Crystal) waiting on Brisbane shores. If it gets docked as planned on 22/05 then we might see our VIN appearing on RAV search that will confirm its on Morning Crystal. Its schedule for Port Kembla for Sydney customers on 24/05 which I doubt will happen as planned. If so then we should receive our next message last week of this month.

So today was the day that I'm officially no longer a member of the Model Y Waiting Room.

Picked up this morning at Port Melbourne and over the moon with the car. My wait wasn't so long at 6 months as I know there are people who've waited longer, but very happy all the same.

Really efficient service with a few others picking up at the same time, it's all done pretty quickly. Quick show through the settings and stuff and they leave you to it but within reach if you want to ask them any questions. 40 cars being picked up today the Tesla rep said.

No UMC as expected given I ordered in November, build quality was excellent - slightly bigger panel gap on the right boot at the top, but having looked at loads to compare, they were all different. I'm not too fussed about it at all. Car was sitting at 92% which was a nice touch after reports of them being much lower.

There are loads of Teslas sitting there at this delivery centre - took some videos in addition to those 3 photos attached. The first photo is the bottom storage where they come fresh off the transporters. Each row is 15-20 cars, then in one of the long videos there is a walkthrough of another storage facility that has heaps. No doubt there are cars here for some of you waitingt so it won't be long! 2nd picture is the delivery floor, with cars all waiting and ready to go for customers. 3rd is obviously mine!

Tesla Share - Link to all the photos/videos I took of the day.

One last thing - a friend of mine has a M3 on order that he had pickup booked for tomorrow, but has been pushed back till Monday as his car hasn't made it down from Sydney. I hope that hasn't affected anyone else on here.

If anyone has any Q's - feel free to ask away. I'll still be lurking so happy to help. I feel it could be useful to have a stickied or pinned post with all the info that people can access to track their cars/shipments as a lot of info is repeated time and time again on here. Conscious that VedaPrime obviously have their service but a lot of the info is out there and free for everyone to access. Happy to help with that if any Mods are active in here.

Attachments

• 20230519_112029.jpg
    20230519_112029.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230519_103347.jpg
    20230519_103347.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230519_104419.jpg
    20230519_104419.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 46
Believe lots of MY owners in this waiting room like me who ordered in July 2022 and waited for nearly a year.
I just received delivery text and scheduled for next week. This is the good news for all of us, especially for those who based in Victoria, has build date in Mar and RAV entry date in Apr. It seems our long waiting is over.

OD: July, 2022
BD: Mar, 2023
RAV: Apr, 2023
EDD: 18/4 - 9/5 changed to 7/5 - 28/5 then 21/5 - 11/6

Hope you received the text very soon.

it's on Grand Eagle. You should be "getting delivery" approaching SMS when the ship docks at Port Kembla on 30th May.
View attachment 938962
On that note @XLBo is there any idea when is the VIN allocated , I mean when the ship get loaded in China or while in transit or after reaching Melbourne.

If I am not wrong there are couple of ships already in transit for docking at Melbourne on 1st and 9th Jun. so should we assume that we might be getting our VINs allocated soon or it’s a missed one atleast on this ships probably the next lot

On that note @XLBo is there any idea when is the VIN allocated , I mean when the ship get loaded in China or while in transit or after reaching Melbourne.

If I am not wrong there are couple of ships already in transit for docking at Melbourne on 1st and 9th Jun. so should we assume that we might be getting our VINs allocated soon or it’s a missed one atleast on this ships probably the next lot
My VIN was assigned a couple of days after that glitch happened to lots us here. it was May 5

Last edited:
Believe lots of MY owners in this waiting room like me who ordered in July 2022 and waited for nearly a year.
I just received delivery text and scheduled for next week. This is the good news for all of us, especially for those who based in Victoria, has build date in Mar and RAV entry date in Apr. It seems our long waiting is over.

OD: July, 2022
BD: Mar, 2023
RAV: Apr, 2023
EDD: 18/4 - 9/5 changed to 7/5 - 28/5 then 21/5 - 11/6

Hope you received the text very soon.
Amazing -- great to see. I'm in a similar boat, but still waiting. Do you know if yours was on the Morning Cherry that came into Port Kembla on the 1st of May? (that's where mine is still supposedly sitting).