Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a pattern that people can observe that Tesla prioritise those who have made payments than those sit back and hold on to their checks/cash? I have 2 friends who have earlier EDDs and both arranged settlement and final payment. I just instructed my leasing company to do the same and will watch sms notification for the next 48 hours.

So relieved reading about the ride quality.... I ordered the induction wheels as well, but after trying out my friend's first batch Australian Y (way too firm for this type of SUV) I was thinking I made a mistake.
They have done a really good job on the suspension as usually increasing comfort results in a very soft/cushy handling car and/or a lot of body roll, both of which don't come through in this version.

As someone that does a reasonable amount of track driving and know's a little on suspension settings for performance driving I'm very happy with the changes.

Is there a pattern that people can observe that Tesla prioritise those who have made payments than those sit back and hold on to their checks/cash? I have 2 friends who have earlier EDDs and both arranged settlement and final payment. I just instructed my leasing company to do the same and will watch sms notification for the next 48 hours.
My lease provider wanted confirmation from Tesla that the car is actually in the delivery centre(or where ever it goes from the dock) before payment is made. They have even written to Tesla Melbourne. I don't have any updates from Tesla yet and am waiting for the schedule delivery text to come through. My car was on Grand Eagle and I ordered on 4/1/23.

Did your leasing company ask you to provide the date you picking up your car to settle your loan?

Hey Y team. I have my Tesla RWD ordered 15th March, currently showing on Tesla website as May 26 - June 16. RAV date of entry is 18/05/2023. I am in Sydney. Do you guys think it is likely that my vehicle is on Grand Eagle?

According to Marinetraffic.com Grand Eagle is due to arrive at Port Kembla by ETA: 2023-05-23 09:59 LT (UTC +10) . . wondering if that is the one my vehicle is on?

Did your leasing company ask you to provide the date you picking up your car to settle your loan?

No, they didn't ask about delievry date and I wasn't sure about the entire process hence asked for quick settlement as I don't want to be in a position when I receive an SMS from Tesla tomorrow, offered delivery Thursday or Friday and worry about no sufficient time for the fund to hit Tesla's account. I'd rather pay Tesla earlier and finish lease earlier. I assume no other financial implication than entering lease earlier, right?

No, they didn't ask about delievry date and I wasn't sure about the entire process hence asked for quick settlement as I don't want to be in a position when I receive an SMS from Tesla tomorrow, offered delivery Thursday or Friday and worry about no sufficient time for the fund to hit Tesla's account. I'd rather pay Tesla earlier and finish lease earlier. I assume no other financial implication than entering lease earlier, right?
I am also thinking of the same. I have everything ready to send off to them except the car pick up date. Maybe I should contact them to see if they are willing to pay the invoice. Good luck!

I am also thinking of the same. I have everything ready to send off to them except the car pick up date. Maybe I should contact them to see if they are willing to pay the invoice. Good luck!
you can wait until you get the final delivery message from Tesla. They will give you sufficient time to get your finance ready. I have everything approved with my leasing company and they need the final delivery date and make payment 48 hours prior

Reactions: hillgun
you can wait until you get the final delivery message from Tesla. They will give you sufficient time to get your finance ready. I have everything approved with my leasing company and they need the final delivery date and make payment 48 hours prior
So do I. They told me they can make the payment within a week prior to the car delivery date. Now I just need the pick up date to buy the insurance and send them the detail. Perhaps I should be more patient

Reactions: deinau
So do I. They told me they can make the payment within a week prior to the car delivery date. Now I just need the pick up date to buy the insurance and send them the detail. Perhaps I should be more patient
I bought insurance with a future date as well, mind you we will pass that future date which is when I anticipated I’d pick up the car by, but sadly unlikely to happen now.