Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYR / Red/ Black interior

Order Date: 26/1/23

Vin Assigned: 5/5/23

Build Date: 26/4/23

EDD Jun10 – Jul 1 (Brisbane)

Able to find the RAV entry

Called Tesla and they mentioned that it's on the vessel from Melbourne to Sydney and then to Brisbane

Any clue about the vessel name and ballpark delivery date

Thanks in advance

Well you need an internet browser that supports looking at the html source code. On Windows I think Firefox has that, and on my ipad I have an excellent browser app, a german one called icabmobile which has a lot of spiffy functions including a "source code" function to show the html source and then an "in-page search" function. Safari doesn't support this. There is I think a google chrome Vin finder plug in (there are lots of posts on this in this forum) and I have used it but can't quite recall what it does. When you can see the html source code of the account page you just search (find) the string "rawAmount" and you may have to be careful to spell it exactly (upper and lower case) depending on the browser. This is done on the account page you get after you click on the "manage" option - for me the page that comes up as "Lecontes Tesla" with a picture of the car and the status of delivery, etc. The one where you can click on the order agreement, the final invoice, the rego papers etc.

Re leasing, I don't know if the search for payments made is for the same string or not but I would think it likely to be the same. Perhaps someone else who has searched the source code on a lease paid Tesla can comment. I would think at the very least your $350 or so order deposit would be there as rawAmount And presumably any other lease payments would be there nearby in the source code.
Open your account in a web browser, select "Manage order" next to the car you ordered. On the next page, right click and choose "View source" or equivalent. Then use you search/find function to search for the terms. I don't know whether the same terms show up for lease payments, so you might try searching for "lease" and see what you find.

Thank you so much guys. Very grateful for having folks like you around during this painful period.

Reactions: JonDarian
Picked up mine today from Alexandria in Sydney, can finally get off this forum!

Ordered 5th of Dec, White/white/20” with build date 3rd April. The delivery experience was very low key, but very quick and efficient, we were out of there in 20 mins.

I initially thought my car is on Viking Passama but that must have been a mistake as it doesn’t dock until later this week. Couldn’t be happier about the car, the ride is very smooth with the comfort suspension and came with USS as well.

Hope you guys get yours soon!

Attachments

• IMG_8960.jpeg
    IMG_8960.jpeg
    682.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8962.jpeg
    IMG_8962.jpeg
    691.8 KB · Views: 40

Called Tesla and they mentioned that it's on the vessel from Melbourne to Sydney and then to Brisbane

Thanks in advance
Vessel is Grand eagle which is heading to Sydney and in a long line of ships as stated above in the forum, I think the number of ships waiting was around 16. By the time it arrives Brisbane it will be a while, and then you will have to wait till it is unloaded and then transported.
Mine was on the Morning Cherry, unloaded on the 1st May. (still sitting there)

"As of May 19, a flotilla of 13 car carrying ships was anchored off one the country’s main vehicle off-loading facilities at Port Kembla with a further two, the Artemus Leader and the Tonsberg, in the port itself."

From this article:
https://premium.goauto.com.au/shipping-delays-to-cause-tax-blow/
I'm pretty sure that Grand eagle is supposed to dock in the 31/5/23, but I may be wrong, but if it is it probably will get delayed.
If it does get delivered in your EDD it will probably be late June - to very late June.

Has anyone in Canberra received an update to their EDD? Ours is still 25th May - 15 June and has been for a couple of weeks now. VIN has been in RAV for maybe a week or so.
MYLR black/black induction wheels.

Nope. Same EDD as you. I guess our cars are in Grand Eagle which is schedule to dock at port Kembla on 30th of May.
Was meant to quote in above!

So... my electrified friends........update ::

at 17:33 today, I received the SMS from Tesla requesting me to (finally) select Express Delivery appointment.

I naturally chose the earliest, which was 6th of June at Port Melbourne (still a couple of weeks away!!).
This will take it to over a month from unloading in Port Kembla to pickup in Melbourne.

I'll be getting those callipers out and checking those panel gaps, plus all the other checks (10 months of waiting will do that to a man).

Regardless, the relative certainty slightly helps at this point.

Onwards....
Congrats! This gives me hope, as our details and circumstances are almost identical (different wheel size, I think that's all).

Your car must have been brought down via truck. I can only cross my fingers, but it's not looking likely mine was on the same truck. Any date in the first half of June would be fine with me, just please not the second half of June 😢

Reactions: CryForMdlY
Received payment confirmation from leasing company last night and checked Tesla account page and now 'payment' option is showing with up to date payments (both 350 and the balance), so all done from my end. EDD is still June 1 - June 17. I am going to bombard Tesla support with another 'hurry up' call and see how much different it will make, most likely none I figure.

Reactions: JonDarian
Picked up mine today from Alexandria in Sydney, can finally get off this forum!

Ordered 5th of Dec, White/white/20” with build date 3rd April. The delivery experience was very low key, but very quick and efficient, we were out of there in 20 mins.

I initially thought my car is on Viking Passama but that must have been a mistake as it doesn’t dock until later this week. Couldn’t be happier about the car, the ride is very smooth with the comfort suspension and came with USS as well.

Hope you guys get yours soon!
Is the mobile connector not supplied anymore with Model Y delivery?

Mine was on the Morning Cherry, unloaded on the 1st May. (still sitting there)

"As of May 19, a flotilla of 13 car carrying ships was anchored off one the country’s main vehicle off-loading facilities at Port Kembla with a further two, the Artemus Leader and the Tonsberg, in the port itself."

From this article:
https://premium.goauto.com.au/shipping-delays-to-cause-tax-blow/
That number has now increased.

Thanks in advance
Sounds like we're on the same boat. It's going to be awhile so hang tight buddy.
Vessel is Grand eagle which is heading to Sydney and in a long line of ships as stated above in the forum, I think the number of ships waiting was around 16. By the time it arrives Brisbane it will be a while, and then you will have to wait till it is unloaded and then transported.

I'm pretty sure that Grand eagle is supposed to dock in the 31/5/23, but I may be wrong, but if it is it probably will get delayed.
If it does get delivered in your EDD it will probably be late June - to very late June.
The number is now up to 25 at Port Kembla. Grand Eagle is 25th in the queue.
There's no way in hell it docks on 05/06. A more realistic date would be 18/06.
Received payment confirmation from leasing company last night and checked Tesla account page and now 'payment' option is showing with up to date payments (both 350 and the balance), so all done from my end. EDD is still June 1 - June 17. I am going to bombard Tesla support with another 'hurry up' call and see how much different it will make, most likely none I figure.
What proof did you need to provide to your leasing company to push them to pay?

Reactions: bean2006