Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, my initial EDD was 31 May - 21 Jun and its still the same today. My MYRWD White Build date is 14/04 & the car is on Morning Crystal. Chosen delivery center is Alexandria, Sydney
I had the exact same EDD as you yesterday same car white/white build date 14/04. not sure what boat its on but today my EDD updated to 6 June - June 27, didnt get a choice of which delivery center in Sydney. :(

I had the exact same EDD as you yesterday same car white/white build date 14/04. not sure what boat its on but today my EDD updated to 6 June - June 27, didnt get a choice of which delivery center in Sydney. :(
yup, same. got updated to 6 Jun - 27 Jun for me too. Our cars are on Morning Crystal scheduled to dock in Port Kembla on 7th June but the schedule is not reliable. It was earlier scheduled for 28th May but all of a sudden kicked back to 7th June. So the schedule Daily Vessel Movements is not reliable until it docks. We might get our cars sometime last week of June.
1685596001913.png

yup, same. got updated to 6 Jun - 27 Jun for me too. Our cars are on Morning Crystal scheduled to dock in Port Kembla on 7th June but the schedule is not reliable. It was earlier scheduled for 28th May but all of a sudden kicked back to 7th June. So the schedule Daily Vessel Movements is not reliable until it docks. We might get our cars sometime last week of June.View attachment 942924
Oh thanks ! I didnt know how to find out which carrier as i couldnt find anyone else with the same build date... Hopefully we get them soon ! I have just sold my car and its getting taken away from me on the monday haha. Maybe I'll see you at the pick up place, we have sibling teslas :D

Reactions: satred
Sunlight Ace (Molace vessel) also delayed again into Port Kembla, another 3 days. Now pushed back to late 4th Jun.
Was suppose to be in dock today (as of this mornings schedule). Just got changed this afternoon.
Ahhhhhhh……

Sunlight Ace (Molace vessel) also delayed again into Port Kembla, another 3 days. Now pushed back to late 4th Jun.
Was suppose to be in dock today (as of this mornings schedule). Just got changed this afternoon.
Ahhhhhhh……
Worst PK port congestion of the year in June right before EOFY, and when most MY orders have finally shown up.

Amazing luck.
Sorry to hear that. It is definitely frustrating. Unfortunately, the EOFY is probably compounding it as every manufacturer tries to deliver their cars. It's hard to imagine everyone getting their Tesla's before EOFY. Good luck to you both, though.

Reactions: G.T. and Red Man
what I am after if someone know what ships( Molace) in coming weeks or in June. I can check Armacup in their website
You can get a general idea by looking at the dazmac Australia-NZ shipping schedule as that gives a list of (mostly) Mol Ace ships due at various Australian ports.

It looks like the next few (Lavender Ace, Martorell then Lavender Ace again) are still avoiding Melbourne, Port Kembla and Brisbane - they don't want their ships trapped for weeks waiting for a berth instead of generating revenue.

1685606935962.png

Without a VIN and build date (which will show up on your invoice), you really can't track which ship your car is on because it hasn't been built yet. Tesla will not tell you your place in the queue or how much longer it will be before your car is built.

Once your car is built, you might get a hidden VIN in the source code of your account page. Within a few days, you should receive your invoice and VIN. You can check which Molace and Armacup ships are leaving Shanghai soon after that date.
If your car is on a Molace ship, it should show up here (change the drop down menu to VIN, not Bill of Lading) RoRo.
If your car is on Armacup, you won't be able to find it by VIN and will have to make an educated guess about which ship it is on, based on dates. When your ship reaches its first Australian port, your VIN should show up in RAV, which will help you to confirm which ship it was on (because of the date it docked). Your Tesla Sales contact may blatantly lie to you at this point (mine did).

Once your car actually lands on the dock, you should receive a "Your delivery is approaching" message. It then seems to take 1-3 weeks typically before the car can be collected at your delivery centre.

You can sometimes shortcut the process by buying from inventory. This at least means the car has been built, but it may still be at sea and not ready for delivery until it has travelled, docked, cleared customs, been checked and then made available to you. If you are unlucky, that can take months, but for a few lucky people it takes weeks.
The textbox in RoRo says "Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) ( Max 15 VIN numbers are allowed)", meanwhile VINs are 17 characters, any suggestions on which letters/numbers to omit?

The textbox in RoRo says "Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) ( Max 15 VIN numbers are allowed)", meanwhile VINs are 17 characters, any suggestions on which letters/numbers to omit?
This keeps tripping people up. You can put your 17-digit VIN on one line. You can enter up to 15 VINs (for 15 cars) at a time by entering up to 15 lines.

The map definitely looks better in terms of less vehicle carriers waiting in that area but I think there are many on their way.

I've compiled a short list using the Port of Brisbane/Q ships website in no particular order:
Virgo Leader
Turandot
Dover Highway
Tysla
Polaris Leader
Trans Future 5
Istra Ace
(Viking) Paglia
Hoegh Berlin
Triton Leader
So I saw that Polaris Leader docked overnight in port of Brisbane. Anyone’s EDD change?
Mine changed from Apr - Jun to May - Jun.
Wonder what that means. Still no VIN

So I saw that Polaris Leader docked overnight in port of Brisbane. Anyone’s EDD change?
Mine changed from Apr - Jun to May - Jun.
Wonder what that means. Still no VIN
It means that Tesla have now admitted they won't be able to deliver your car in April. May is still definitely possible, even probable! 😀

Polaris Leader looks to have come from PNG via Townsville. Were you expecting it to have Shanghai Teslas on board?

• Funny
Reactions: Raven01