Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 5th got the delivery approaching message and today I got the EDD updated to 16jun-4Jul which was earlier 5Jun-26Jun

Not sure if it’s closer to delivery or pushed back ….

RAV entry is on 5th Jun though

Any one any idea how it goes from here , how much time it take after getting the delivery approaching message to schedule your delivery message and actual delivery

Reactions: bean2006
On 5th got the delivery approaching message and today I got the EDD updated to 16jun-4Jul which was earlier 5Jun-26Jun

Not sure if it’s closer to delivery or pushed back ….

RAV entry is on 5th Jun though

Any one any idea how it goes from here , how much time it take after getting the delivery approaching message to schedule your delivery message and actual delivery
The new EDD sounds right. You should get "schedule delivery" in the next week or so, with actual delivery in the following 1-3 weeks.

Reactions: bean2006
Have you received yours yet or are you waiting for Grand Eagle just like the rest of us?
Mine arrived at the delivery centre today. It was on Turandot as expected, but Tesla wouldn't confirm (even pleading ignorance when I pointed out it had registered in RAV as Turandot reached Melbourne "we don't supply Brisbane orders through Melbourne".

I have spent the last several days trying to work out with Tesla whether to drive to Brisbane and back (4 day round trip) to collect it. This was complicated by my wife needing to travel for work and Tesla taking ages to respond and longer to get the car ready, but was doable.

The upshot is that Tesla would rather spend about $1600 on a third party car carrier than give me about $550 worth of UMC refund (which would have offset my costs, but not my time, in collecting it). They swear blind that it will reach me by June 30, but give wildly different estimates on how long it will take (and it takes a day to get an answer each time). I have told them again that I can't accept delivery after June 30.

As it is, I won't have time to get the towbar fitted or buy a spare wheel and other accessories before EOFY.

By the time I receive the car, it will be about 8 weeks from when I made full payment because I believed the EDD at the time they requested payment. I hope they had my money earning them a nice interest rate in the meantime!

It will be about 8 months from ordering to delivery, about 3 months longer than they initially told me. I am pretty thoroughly tired of waiting and dealing with Tesla, and am no longer even looking forward to the car. I just want this over with now. If they don't deliver by EOFY, I don't know what I will do, but I can't see it involving Tesla again.

Hi, I'm looking forward to hearing as well if you can manage it. By the way, what was you're build date?
Message from the SA:

"I can confirm that your vehicle was built on March 10th 2023 and the vehicle will have the updated comfort suspension."

I was actually complaining to get a UMC but they have offered me a car. Just made the payment and collecting Saturday.

On the suspension issue, it appears that reports are that any 2023 car has new suspension. It was not formally announced but it happened some time. I suppose any orders from Feb or Jan maybe able to share that.

Reactions: JonDarian
Message from the SA:

"I can confirm that your vehicle was built on March 10th 2023 and the vehicle will have the updated comfort suspension."

I was actually complaining to get a UMC but they have offered me a car. Just made the payment and collecting Saturday.

On the suspension issue, it appears that reports are that any 2023 car has new suspension. It was not formally announced but it happened some time. I suppose any orders from Feb or Jan maybe able to share that.
Great luck to be able to grab a car a bit earlier. You were asking for a UMC with your car? When did you order? Are you now rushing to get one delivered in time for your car?

Great luck to be able to grab a car a bit earlier. You were asking for a UMC with your car? When did you order? Are you now rushing to get one delivered in time for your car?
I'm unsure which way to jump with the UMC. My Tesla SA said that because I've installed a 3 phase wall charger, the UMC isn't really needed. I worry about those times when a 240v power point is all that's available to get me out of trouble.

Don't need UMC right now but it would have been good to get one. I was just aiming for EOFY and thought I may get something out by complaining. I am a serial complainer and get something out of these scenarios sometimes. So now getting the car a wee bit early. I was waiting for the Grand Eagle like most of us. And the fact that I was travelling interstate from next week made it tricky to collect.
Not for the RWD, they were still installing the old parts in January.

See Comfort suspension on MY RWD
Not sure but can find out on Saturday and report back. They texted me so I have in writing. May eventually get the UMC if they sell me old suspension 😅 so essentially E and F are comfortable suspensions according to that post?

essentially E and F are comfortable suspensions according to that post?
You need to look at the full part number. With the MYP 1188371-00-E 1188376-00-E 1188465-00-E was the old suspension, and the same part numbers with -F are the comfort.

With the RWD the old part numbers are 1188365-00-B 1188379-00-B 1188464-00-B and we only have confirmation of March and April builds coming with 1188463-00-E on the rear. This is used in the USA on the LR combined with 1188363-00-H and 1188368-00-H on the front, so I'm keen to see what the Aussie cars are delivered with.

Reactions: Tee_my