Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to look at the full part number. With the MYP 1188371-00-E 1188376-00-E 1188465-00-E was the old suspension, and the same part numbers with -F are the comfort.

With the RWD the old part numbers are 1188365-00-B 1188379-00-B 1188464-00-B and we only have confirmation of March and April builds coming with 1188463-00-E on the rear. This is used in the USA on the LR combined with 1188363-00-H and 1188368-00-H on the front, so I'm keen to see what the Aussie cars are delivered with.
I guess I will find out soon and will report back

Got an update email (At this time, we are seeing significant congestion at the New South Wales and Queensland ports which may impact your delivery timing.) from Tesla. So people waiting for Morning crystal like me, it has been moved to 14 Jun after Grand Eagle. My Sydney EDD still says 6 - 27 Jun but expecting a postponed date updated soon.

Reactions: nishank93
Got an update email (At this time, we are seeing significant congestion at the New South Wales and Queensland ports which may impact your delivery timing.) from Tesla. So people waiting for Morning crystal like me, it has been moved to 14 Jun after Grand Eagle. My Sydney EDD still says 6 - 27 Jun but expecting a postponed date updated soon.
Me too unfortunately. My LR is on Grand Eagle for Brisbane.

Mine arrived at the delivery centre today. It was on Turandot as expected, but Tesla wouldn't confirm (even pleading ignorance when I pointed out it had registered in RAV as Turandot reached Melbourne "we don't supply Brisbane orders through Melbourne".

I have spent the last several days trying to work out with Tesla whether to drive to Brisbane and back (4 day round trip) to collect it. This was complicated by my wife needing to travel for work and Tesla taking ages to respond and longer to get the car ready, but was doable.

The upshot is that Tesla would rather spend about $1600 on a third party car carrier than give me about $550 worth of UMC refund (which would have offset my costs, but not my time, in collecting it). They swear blind that it will reach me by June 30, but give wildly different estimates on how long it will take (and it takes a day to get an answer each time). I have told them again that I can't accept delivery after June 30.

As it is, I won't have time to get the towbar fitted or buy a spare wheel and other accessories before EOFY.

By the time I receive the car, it will be about 8 weeks from when I made full payment because I believed the EDD at the time they requested payment. I hope they had my money earning them a nice interest rate in the meantime!

It will be about 8 months from ordering to delivery, about 3 months longer than they initially told me. I am pretty thoroughly tired of waiting and dealing with Tesla, and am no longer even looking forward to the car. I just want this over with now. If they don't deliver by EOFY, I don't know what I will do, but I can't see it involving Tesla again.
I'm sorry you had to go through all of this BS. On the brightside, it sounds like this ordeal is almost over...

Anyone received an email from Tesla? Looks like there might be further delays?

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 2.43.52 pm.png

Anyone received an email from Tesla? Looks like there might be further delays?

View attachment 944639
Same deal here - similar expectations on more delays.

We're on Grand Eagle for delivery into Sydney (all but confirmed based on feedback from Telsa plus trawling here). EDD Jun 12 - 30 for Red RWD MY (was orig Dec - Feb, then Feb-May). We ordered Nov 6 2022 but for whatever reason, VIN allocation and build took a long time compared to some others. Our build was 24/04 and RAV entered on 18/05.

At this point I'm hoping for a mid July delivery. The killer is the current car we're offloading has a registration renewal due June 24. The plan was to be in the new car well before now. I'm now facing the option of having to renew, or offload early (we're not trading in via Tesla) and run with only 1x car for an indeterminate period while we wait on the Tesla (which is a challenge for a suburbanite with 2x working parents of 2x teenage kids)

I'm sorry you had to go through all of this BS. On the brightside, it sounds like this ordeal is almost over...
Well, consistent with every part of this process, they have just messaged with an ETA of 26 June, a full week after the latest date they quoted on Sunday, and only 4 days before EOFY. That's not a firm date, either, it's an ETA. Never believe anything they tell you.

For those of you who just got a message about port congestion and delays, I received the same in May and then my delivery was pushed back about a month.

Reactions: BabyTyrone
You're getting a RWD right?

What was the boat your car was on and when did it moor - might help understand delay from Port Kembla to Sydney pickups.
Yes standard white. I got lucky with complaining as mentioned previously (I guess I am just unhappy with life in general and am becoming a cranky old man). My original car is on grand eagle but the new one is likely a cancelled order which is available for immediate pick up. I feel sorry for everyone else now. It's not looking promising especially if you ordered for EOFY.

Last edited:
For those of you who just got a message about port congestion and delays, I received the same in May and then my delivery was pushed back about a month.
The thing with that message, which I also received, is that they are taking zero responsibility if the car does not arrive on time. Sounds like they know EOFY delivery has a real chance failure, costing people big money.

My problem with them not taking responsibility is Tesla did not build many of the cars on that ship until end of April - and many of them were ordered in the last quarter of 2022 or very early 2023.

I personally ordered 10 January and I had an EDD at the time of Feb-April.

They didn't build the car until 3 1/2 months later. For some, they didn't begin building their car until 4-6 months after ordering.

There are likely commercial reasons for their build schedules, cost efficiency being at the top of that list, but for them to position themselves to be faultless in delayed deliveries and missing EOFY is irritating to say the least.

Hi I'm new to the community. Not sure if someone has already posted my question apologies if that is the case. Bought Tesla 3 Build date 04/23 and have received the email regarding shipping congestion like many others. Estimated delivery is 16-30 June. Can anyone help me to work out which ship my car is most likely on? Not sure what else is required. I have an allocated VIN.

Thanks in advance

The thing with that message, which I also received, is that they are taking zero responsibility if the car does not arrive on time. Sounds like they know EOFY delivery has a real chance failure, costing people big money.

My problem with them not taking responsibility is Tesla did not build many of the cars on that ship until end of April - and many of them were ordered in the last quarter of 2022 or very early 2023.

They didn't build the car until 3 1/2 months later. For some, they didn't begin building their car until 4-6 months after ordering.

There are likely commercial reasons for their build schedules, cost efficiency being at the top of that list, but for them to position themselves to be faultless in delayed deliveries and missing EOFY is irritating to say the least.
100% agree with you and hence I made it clear that I was unhappy. I ordered 2 Feb and as you said, a May order is on the same ship as your January order which shows how they could have prevented it but waited for the orders to accumulate. In my work, if I cause a financial loss, I have to compensate for it. How do these big companies making huge profits get away with it. My suggestion would be to call and show your unhappiness and if more people did that, they should at least as a gesture of goodwill give something to compensate. EOFY will just mean the depreciation will be over 3 years instead of instant at tax time.

Also, I noticed polestar deposit is fully refundable so this excuse that if you cancel the order due to the delays but won't get the money back doesn't make sense to me.
Hi I'm new to the community. Not sure if someone has already posted my question apologies if that is the case. Bought Tesla 3 Build date 04/23 and have received the email regarding shipping congestion like many others. Estimated delivery is 16-30 June. Can anyone help me to work out which ship my car is most likely on? Not sure what else is required. I have an allocated VIN.

Thanks in advance
I guess see previous posts. Search on RAV https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/ for your VIN. If it says 18/5, you are on Grand eagle like most others. Good luck, it's docking on Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tmill

Yep. I ordered in October. My build date was 21 April. They told me to expect it in the first half of the Feb-May window.

I just got off the phone with them and it was all "it is up to the third party carrier" and "we are on your side". No, you ass-hats. Two days ago, when I was deciding whether to spend hundreds of dollars and 4 days driving to collect the car, you gave me a different set of dates, the last in a long string of wrong dates!

I was polite with the guy on the phone (because it's not his fault), but I am so angry. I have to change school holiday plans because the ETA slid back into the school holidays.

100% agree with you and hence I made it clear that I was unhappy. I ordered 2 Feb and as you said, a May order is on the same ship as your January order which shows how they could have prevented it but waited for the orders to accumulate. In my work, if I cause a financial loss, I have to compensate for it. How do these big companies making huge profits get away with it. My suggestion would be to call and show your unhappiness and if more people did that, they should at least as a gesture of goodwill give something to compensate. ....
I have been very clear about my expectations from the start. They could not have cared less and only offered nonsense about how my order was expected soon. There definitely hasn't been any suggestion of any gesture of goodwill (and, yes, I am like you and offer my clients help and compensation if my company fails to deliver what we promise).

Reactions: Tmill
I noticed in the Tesla installable options is for the external ‘boombox’.

Do we know if any of the recently delivered Model Ys have the boombox installed from the factory? I thought that was limited to other markets previously.
None for Oz have had it installed I believe (actually not sure for performance but think not) and the approx $250 one in the shop has quite limited funtionality compared to the US ones. There's lots of posts about it, search Aussie forums for boombox.

Reactions: 88sasquatch