Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Much shorter wait than most people here, consider yourself blessed.

Check if your vehicle is entered into RAV, all cars on a boat are entered into RAV once the boat first visits port and unloads some cars. No RAV entry = no dock anywhere in AUS yet. Grand Eagle first docked in MEL so all cars on that ship are in RAV.
Yes, definitely still pretty quick, but the date keeps being push back (like everyone else of course) and the frustration grows lol It's on RAV since 18/05..

Nah, Melbourne. I don't know the ship, but the vehicle entered RAV on the 5th of June.

My MYRWD was also entered into the RAV on 5 June and I have an appointment for delivery this week, yay. (Ordered 31 March for "April-June" delivery to Melbourne).

Does entry into the RAV indicate the car has made it off a boat?

Also, if the VIN turns up no results on MOL ACE, does that mean anything?

So Tesla got back with a trade in value. It was a few thousand lower than their initial estimate. Decided not to trade in with Tesla and pressed that button. Hopefully it means they won’t delay the delivery schedules any longer.

Anyone notice how ‘cheap’ the MYP’s in inventory are? Can get a white one for $97k-98k

Last edited:
Does entry into the RAV indicate the car has made it off a boat
The general assumption here is that the boat carrying the vehicle made it to an Australian port, even if the vehicle is not offloaded. Say it moored at melbourne but offloaded at Sydney - meaning it got RAVed at melbourne
Also, if the VIN turns up no results on MOL ACE, does that mean anything
No. Lots of other vehicle carriers not associated with MolAce

The general assumption here is that the boat carrying the vehicle made it to an Australian port, even if the vehicle is not offloaded. Say it moored at melbourne but offloaded at Sydney - meaning it got RAVed at melbourne

No. Lots of other vehicle carriers not associated with MolAce
Further to this, if you have an appointment booked for this week your car most certainly would have made it off the boat.

Mine is only MY RWD so there is no different unless I change it to MY LR colour option and Uturbine wheels ;)
I think that shadab may have been referring to the luxury vehicle depreciation threshold as opposed to the unfortunately similarly named luxury car tax. The luxury vehicle depreciation threshold will be applicable under a novated lease and is increasing from $64,471 to $68,108 on July 1

The luxury vehicle depreciation threshold will be applicable under a novated lease and is increasing from $64,471 to $68,108 on July 1
Does not have to be a novated lease. Can also be for non financed
$64,471 to $68,108
Yes = $3637 difference. will soften the blow if unable to get the vehicle before EOFY.