Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've calling everyday but I beleive they are trying to prioritise ppl who need it by 30th of June

I really think it was more luck than anything for me

But there was one person I spoke to today who genuine seemed like he wanted to help me can he called me back a few times asking if I'd be interested in other cars that didn't match my spec.
Did u call their delivery centre? Or the shop? I might start doing the same thing tmr haha

Melbourne Update: Bergamot Ace is scheduled to berth on 26/June five days later than expected. Turandot departed Shanghai on 12/June and is currently off the coast of Mackay, Qld. It's expected arrival time to Port Phillip Bay is 25/Jun. A scheduled time at the port for this vessel is not currently available. Although at least two days of waiting outside the bay should be expected
Where are you getting this info? It's still not listed on the port Melbourne page, and that's currently out to the 26th...

Though I do hope you're correct!

Finally, I booked the day
i cannot pick up my car at 29 JUN as duty travel , try to move on following week , However Tesla doesn't happy and ask me will you cancel order ??
Very rude service but nothing i can do

Attachments

• 1687421783500.jpeg
    1687421783500.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 66
Yes, it just needs to upgrade the firmware and then it will work.

I was using "UMC" to refer to the UMC kits. Tesla initially told me the kits containing 8A/12A tails were the new version. That appears not to be true. I offered to just swap the tails on my kit, but they didn't have a way to do that, so I have sent my UMC (kit) back and will get a replacement UMC (kit).

If that doesn't work, and I have received my car, I may be able to raise a service request to get something done about it. A user here did once say they were able to buy the tails as a spare part. Tesla wasn't able to offer that to me this time.

It is a small thing, and some users won't mind getting the de-rated tails, especially as it automatically reduces the load in their household power point (so is maybe safer if they have older wiring or something). For me, I am annoyed to have needed to buy charging equipment at all when it comes standard with other cars. Customers who ordered Model Ys in mid-2022 received free UMCs when they were delivered in early 2023 because of their long wait. My wait has been as long. So, I would like to at least receive the UMC with its full capability, especially as Tesla are happily sending kits with the new tails to other users.
Ordered the Mobile charger and received the 10A/15A Adaptor(Saturday ordered and Tuesday delivered). enquired with Tesla and they say it's the normal supply now even though the website says 8A/12A

Please how do I know if Tesla has received the payment for my vehicle? My novated company (SGfleet) said they have made the payment(they shared the remittance receipt from the bank). But I kept getting texts and emails from Tesla stating that payment is still outstanding. My pickup appointment is tomorrow at 3 pm.
Lining up for the delivery, no message yet. how was the SG fleet experience? how long they are taking for the payment( going with them)

Where are you getting this info? It's still not listed on the port Melbourne page, and that's currently out to the 26th...

Though I do hope you're correct!
Damn. False hope by VicPorts. The schedule earlier today included Bergamot Ace now it seems to include Comet Ace.

Reactions: iNcHeS
i cannot pick up my car at 29 JUN as duty travel , try to move on following week , However Tesla doesn't happy and ask me will you cancel order ??
Which day did you end up booking then? Tesla didn’t ask me to cancel when I couldn’t make the time thankfully. However they are now punting me with the new EDD of July 7 - July 28. The new VIN and build date (24/4) indicates the vehicle was on the Grand Eagle as well. They must be delivering a hell of a lot of cars for the delivery to be pushed back so far.

True. When I inquired them for the similar situation, Tesla team's response was not nice at all. To me, they are not willing to help customer at all. For my case, they were just blaming me as "you signed the agreement when you placed the order initially".

Which day did you end up booking then? Tesla didn’t ask me to cancel when I couldn’t make the time thankfully. However they are now punting me with the new EDD of July 7 - July 28. The new VIN and build date (24/4) indicates the vehicle was on the Grand Eagle as well. They must be delivering a hell of a lot of cars for the delivery to be pushed back so far.
His attached image showed that he ended up booking july 4th at 10:30. suprised he got a different date when you couldnt.. guess it depends which SA you get

Reactions: Gior
Can someone please share their knowledge/experience in terms of what happens if the payment doesn’t go through 48 hours before delivery. I asked an SA today but didn’t get a clear answer.

For context - I am switching from cash to novated lease to benefit from the higher LCT threshold from 1 July. Tesla won’t issue the new invoice until Saturday 1 July and my delivery is booked for Tuesday 4 July. I asked for a later date but was told to call closer to delivery date.

This might be a silly question but I'm picking up our MYLR next Wednesday and staying overnight in BrisVegas at the Hotel X. They have 3 Tesla chargers (up to 22kw) and I was wondering if I'll need a cable or something to charge overnight at the hotel for the trip home. Any help appreciated. (see attached image)
Please download the PlugShare app and put the X hotels on PlugShare So anyone following you will be able to know What type of charging they have.
In the meantime, as there’s the Fortitude Valley Supercharger just down the road at the Homemaker centre it really doesn’t matter if you can charge at your hotel or not.
When you’re ready to go home, put your home address in the navigation and your cars Trip Planner will tell you if you need to stop at a Supercharger before leaving and where to charge on the rest of the way home if needed.

Reactions: Power Hungry
Some good news for those in Adelaide awaiting Grand Eagle deliveries (unloaded in Melbourne). After what appears to be the standard shenanigans with moving estimated delivery dates I'm happy to share I've got a delivery date booked in:
  • Ordered: 28 Feb 2023
  • Estimated Window (orig): April - June
  • Next Window (steady for quite a while)*: 22 May - 12 June
  • .... (3-4 random window adjustments, generally contracting window but sliding to the right)
  • Final Window (steady for about 2 weeks): 21 June - 30 June
  • Delivery Date: 22 June (they offered 21 June but that didn't work for me)
* I may have had an earlier, smaller window prior to this but I can't quite remember....

MY/RWD/White (Ex)/Black (In)/Inductions

Build Date: 26/04/2023 (revised to 27/04/2023 on latest updated Final Invoice, km's also went from 0km to 8km)
RAV Entry Date: 18/05/2023 (Grand Eagle bulk entry)

Interestingly I was not offered the usual delivery options (i.e. two options over two days). I was offered one firm slot which I couldn't make on the 21st (via SMS and reflected in the App). When I called apparently that is a recent change in tactics due to the number of deliveries in the system. Not sure if it is common across Australia, just for Adelaide or just an excuse they gave for not giving me at least a couple of options! Easy to change and the app updated immediately after the SA made the change (as you'd expect). According to my SA they will generously allow me 15 minutes for the delivery appointment (but I plan to take my time and leave only when I've had opportunity to make the checks I feel I need to :)).

Good luck everyone, especially those that ordered way earlier or are up against the June 30 deadline for tax write-offs.

Picked up the MY today. Excellent service here in Adelaide, couldn't spot anything wrong at all. Took it for some freeway driving as well as in congested areas (South Road in the rain at peak hour.... enough said). Overall, excellent. I'll be bowing out of this thread now, but for those still waiting - hang in there, it is worth it and you'll soon forget about the delays, frustration and ship tracking once you start driving! Cheers.

Is ABRP better than tesla map?
Does it show all charging stations along the way rather than just telsa ones?
ABRP is a bit fiddly. You need to ensure you have specified which car you are driving, and which plugs you want it to show. Having done that, it shows other charging options, not just Tesla. I use it for driving a non-Tesla that can only use non-Tesla DC charging and some AC Tesla destination chargers. ABRP and Plugshare will show me Chargefox/QESH, Evie and Tesla destination chargers. I can also get it to show me other AC charging options like campsites, but I haven't used them.

I don't have my Tesla yet, so can't comment on its map. I understand the Tesla will precondition the battery en route to a supercharger. I assume it doesn't do that for other chargers.

There are no superchargers north of Gympie, so I am currently reliant on other charging options.

Reactions: Power Hungry
They deal with lots of Tesla orders so not to worry. I pick up on Jun 30th and they have advised they will make payment on the 27th and funds should be in tesla account on 28th
Same for me. They said it would take 48 hours from when I instructed them to make payment. It took more like 36 hours. I'd confirmed in advance they had everything they needed to make payment and settle.