Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the Y at Alexandria this morning.. went smooth.

There must be 200 model Y's in there waiting to be picked up. Get ready to see a flood of them on the streets.

SA said they are doing 150 deliveries a day. Car carriers were still pulling up dropping off, car carriers going out with I suspect direct deliveries to remote people. Big operation.

Good luck everyone.
Congrats mate! Quick question, does the car come with a mobile charger? I know they were not supplying them anymore, but I heard they were including them because of the long delays.... ?

Reactions: Red Man
Same here. I'm hoping my MYRWD is on Turandot as well. EDD is still showing July 4 - July 25. My VIN is not on RAV.

The App however changed where the blue button is now "View". Once clicked, the below is shown.

View attachment 951705

Other people on this thread are hoping this is a good sign, but no one confirmed (that I know of)
Same here... Hope it can go to the next stage soon.

How that is better I don't know because delivery date still not known....
I've had this showing in my app since the 16th June - same day I got the "delivery approaching" SMS. EDD is still (as of now) June 28 - July 19 but SA told me to expect last week in July through mid August to be realistic.

Apparently biosecurity ramped up resources to support EOFY deliveries but have turned that back now and it's limiting the number of vehicles being processed per day.

• Informative
Reactions: Quickst
limiting the number of vehicles being processed per day.
If true that may explain why some Port Kembla Grand Eagle Fan club waiting room members are not getting their cars till August.
On one level might also make sense as I got my delivery date 9 days prior and only 1 delivery date available 30Jun. - Maybe they let through as many as the Delivery centres can process up till 30Jun and no more?

Rather than more resources, maybe they just made their checking less rigorous. Maybe I'll find some dodgy infestation in my MYLR when i pick up tomorrow.

Or maybe they are reducing their checking and letting more through each day. Maybe Ill find some dodgy infestation in my MYLR when i pick up tomorrow.
will miss you when you leave this chat, I got mine earlier this week, real first drive today. apart from the head rests making a rattle at first on back seats over bumps, all good. I must admit, I have another car with the 360 view and really miss that when reversing, and the other issue is, well, in dark roads with street lighting, I can see nothing out of the rear view mirror, even if there is a car there.

Morning Crystal here.

Delivery just changed from June 28 - July 19 to July 17 - August 7.

Really cannot believe this is occurring now with the car onshore. How can it possibly take 1.5 months for a car to get from Port Kembla to Alexandria (less than 1.5 hours drive away?).

I've had this showing in my app since the 16th June - same day I got the "delivery approaching" SMS. EDD is still (as of now) June 28 - July 19 but SA told me to expect last week in July through mid August to be realistic.

Apparently biosecurity ramped up resources to support EOFY deliveries but have turned that back now and it's limiting the number of vehicles being processed per day.
And now the EDD just changed to July 15- Aug 5.......

Really cannot believe this is occurring now with the car onshore. How can it possibly take 1.5 months for a car to get from Port Kembla to Alexandria (less than 1.5 hours drive away?).
Plus you wont like me saying, I thought they could easily have had more people going thru when I was picking up the car. There was one person on helpdesk on arrival and 4-5 others on the floor, mostly standing around. I reckon with 1 extra on helpdesk...they could have increased the cars going out a lot more. There were plenty of cars to drive away! I suspect it is a question of so many cars per day so they dont have gaps with no cars to give anyone...

• Informative
Reactions: Red Man and Quickst
At this rate it'll be 10 months from time of order to delivery....and seeing others in this forum ordering the same car much later yet getting delivered much earlier.....it's hard to take :/

When did you order?

I'm kinda hoping after EOFY a bunch of people cancel their orders and inventory becomes available. If my combination is available I'll be straight on the phone with Tesla demanding to switch. Those of us with a VIN assigned I think are victims of delays right now as I doubt we'll automatically be assigned cars in stock.

Morning Crystal here.

Delivery just changed from June 28 - July 19 to July 17 - August 7.

Also on MC and received the scheduled delivery on 11th. Not sure what’s the order of processing but your time might be brought forward once they are out of EOFY

• Informative
Reactions: Nrcl