Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Advertising referral codes is not allowed.

I reckon it's ok to do by PM.

Exchanging referral links by starting a conversation is fine.
I'm sure any Australian owner would be happy to help.

I reckon it's ok to do by PM.
Yes you are encouraged to message people directly and ask for their referral code, but once someone starts posting "PM me for my referral" then others will start posting the same thing.

I already see it happening on reddit, where on some threads half the posts are people saying "ask me for a referral"

I can’t be present all the time to monitor posting referrals.
This is strictly forbidden as in the past it has Turned the forum int a zoo of competing referral advertisements.
If a member needs a referral code to purchase a Tesla they can PM another member or ask more broadly; however I will not allow advertising of your referral codes.

First time post here :)

Just wondering what i can expect from a delivery time frame perspective. Ordered a MYLR 02/06 (Chatswood) and its well into July now and no VIN nor anything else from Tesla (apart from the price drop). The expected delivery states 07-09 etc. Checked for hidden VIN and its 0. TIA

For clarity MYLR White + 20"
Welcome to the Forum!

Generally speaking, it is hard to know delivery times. Based on my research on this forum I've found the following:

1. Once you get allocated a VIN, that means your car has been manufactured, and it is on the way to you on a ship.
2. Voyage from Shanghai is circa 2 weeks.
3. Ships get delayed in Port. the average for Melbourne is so far about 1 week since June. Sydney is worse. This maybe resolved by August.
4. Once the car is unloaded, it will take 1 to 2 days to show up on RAV.
5. From RAV to delivery is on average 3 weeks.

So once you get allocated a VIN, its about 6 to 8 week delivery period.

Good Luck!

Welcome to the Forum!

Generally speaking, it is hard to know delivery times. Based on my research on this forum I've found the following:

1. Once you get allocated a VIN, that means your car has been manufactured, and it is on the way to you on a ship.
2. Voyage from Shanghai is circa 2 weeks.
3. Ships get delayed in Port. the average for Melbourne is so far about 1 week since June. Sydney is worse. This maybe resolved by August.
4. Once the car is unloaded, it will take 1 to 2 days to show up on RAV.
5. From RAV to delivery is on average 3 weeks.

So once you get allocated a VIN, its about 6 to 8 week delivery period.

Good Luck!
Ouch .. so my July-Sep delivery estimate might be bogus based on that :( Def not July thats for sure. Thanks though :)

First time post here :)

Just wondering what i can expect from a delivery time frame perspective. Ordered a MYLR 02/06 (Chatswood) and its well into July now and no VIN nor anything else from Tesla (apart from the price drop). The expected delivery states 07-09 etc. Checked for hidden VIN and its 0. TIA
Welcome to the forums :)

Interestingly, I just spoke to a Tesla rep here in Sydney, because I am pulling the pin on a MY RWD White/White interior today.

His expectation is that this ought to have a delivery date in late August. I do know you're looking for an MYLR, perhaps timing is different on that model, I don't know.

I was fully expecting the Tesla chap to suggest September, or possibly even early October - simply based on the fact that the price has dropped on 1 July, which I would expect to lead to a flurry of orders.

I have a couple left.

only a few posts above yours:

I can’t be present all the time to monitor posting referrals.
This is strictly forbidden as in the past it has Turned the forum int a zoo of competing referral advertisements.
If a member needs a referral code to purchase a Tesla they can PM another member or ask more broadly; however I will not allow advertising of your referral codes.

Please avoid turning this place into a zoo. Most of the people on this forum have referrals, we don't want pages and pages of people offering theirs up.