Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @Tempra, fellow Canberran!

Now I don't feel so bad with my delay. I do hope yours comes in soon, along with mine!

I do think being a smaller location, we get looked at after Sydney is filled, as I saw some Sydney folk who ordered a month after me get my exact spec in under 2 weeks! All part of the Tesla "algorithm"!
Ha I think you're right! Melb and Sydney seen to be getting a lot of deliveries, which makes sense in proportion to population. Suspect we're lower in priority. Though I did hear from a friend the other day that Canberra is now the leading Tesla ordering per capita city in the WORLD 🌎 . I have no idea if that's true or not but I like it and there are definitely a lot of us 🤞

I still find it a bit rich that we have to buy it separately. Fair enough some parts of the world don't use the UMC much, but here in Australia we don't have the most amazing charging network yet and getting the wall connector installed isn't always feasible.
You'd be paying for it either way, whether as part of the car price or a separate purchase.

At least this way it doesn't count in the price base for things like LCT, the FBT exemption, various state EV incentives etc..

That is quick ! Beside the sms/email about car in Glovis Caravel vessel, I still have no VIN.

It's likely you do have a VIN, if you have a car in the Glovis Caravel, then it's almost certain you do.

Check the Rego form they sent in your Tesla account - it's usually in there as well on the last page.

Once I filled in the registration form and sent it to Tesla, the final invoice came a day or two later!

Reactions: dronus
Got my VIN!
Sent them a SMS and they replied back with it!

It’s getting close!
I've been watching Morning Cello and it only just berthed and now VIN allocation appear to have begun. Hoping to see some LR VIN allocation on this vessel.
I just realised you had already been notified yours was on Glovis Caravel but no VIN. I guess I was a bit too excited and jumped the gun. Still hoping to see some notifications go out now that Morning Cello has berthed.

Reactions: elddum
Where on earth is the Glovis Caravel? It's been out of range for a few days now! :D

Where on earth is the Glovis Caravel? It's been out of range for a few days now! :D

You can sub to Vedaprime to get updates. All i can say is expect delays haha.

Reactions: elddum and phaz

Once they our out on the open ocean it relies on satellite data/reporting, and I think the free version of marinetraffic only provides the land based reporting. I recall getting prompted to subscribe to get access to satellite data to track (not sure the $). As pointed out above you can subscribe to Vedaprime, but not sure the $ or how that works. In the end, it won't change anything and you'll know it's coming when they tell you. Personally I find the more I look, the more I want to know and the more frustrated I get when I can't find out :)

Reactions: phaz and dronus
Once they our out on the open ocean it relies on satellite data/reporting, and I think the free version of marinetraffic only provides the land based reporting. I recall getting prompted to subscribe to get access to satellite data to track (not sure the $). As pointed out above you can subscribe to Vedaprime, but not sure the $ or how that works. In the end, it won't change anything and you'll know it's coming when they tell you. Personally I find the more I look, the more I want to know and the more frustrated I get when I can't find out :)
I agree. The car will come, probably around your due date and unfortunately tracking the ship doesn't make it arrive faster. Tesla will let us know when it's ready and then the big excitement can begin.

Reactions: dronus and elddum