Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm ordering my UMC about 2-3 weeks prior to pick-up. They don't stock them in the dealership (I called).

I ordered the UMC via the app yesterday afternoon and it looks like it’ll be delivered toda. Dispatched in Melbourne going to Brisbane. Very quick turnaround

Awesome cool. Thanks for advice. I will order today then as my EDD is from Oct 27.

Good to know about the UMC. I'll order one too before the car arrives.
I still find it a bit rich that we have to buy it separately. Fair enough some parts of the world don't use the UMC much, but here in Australia we don't have the most amazing charging network yet and getting the wall connector installed isn't always feasible.

Reactions: dronus
Hi all,
New to the forum here. I'm so glad we have a forum such as this dedicated to Tesla's here at home.

I've ordered on 28th September the below configuration:
Model Y LR Blue with Black interior and induction wheels.

App says Oct-Dec 2023
Checked with Tesla and no definite days regarding VIN allocation and so on.
So here I am, looking at the forum 😀
Hi - I ordered the same config on 24 July, still no allocated VIN but EDD of Oct-Nov. So I suspect you might be towards the end of that window. I think we must have ordered the sexy config that's slow to arrive. But fingers crossed, it could also be on the next shipment?? I certainly hope so. It might also depend on where you are as to how many ships come your way - I'm in Canberra

Good to know about the UMC. I'll order one too before the car arrives.
I still find it a bit rich that we have to buy it separately. Fair enough some parts of the world don't use the UMC much, but here in Australia we don't have the most amazing charging network yet and getting the wall connector installed isn't always feasible.
I thought that too, The response i got when i asked about it was "When you buy a ICE car they don't give you a bowser or hose"
Would be good if they did give you a UMC but its not that much. Personally i bought one, but i also bought and installed a wall connector which i will probably use 99% of the time.

Hi - I ordered the same config on 24 July, still no allocated VIN but EDD of Oct-Nov. So I suspect you might be towards the end of that window. I think we must have ordered the sexy config that's slow to arrive. But fingers crossed, it could also be on the next shipment?? I certainly hope so. It might also depend on where you are as to how many ships come your way - I'm in Canberra
Hi 👋 👋
I'm in Melbourne. I hope that is the case as you stated, as it would be good atleast to get a rough indication of when it will arrive. Only consolation, we are already nearing the mid of October 2023. Long wait though. Few of my mates, got the RWD and they pretty much got it within a month's time frame.....

Reactions: Tempra and dronus
👋Hello 👋
Do you mind saying when you ordered/configuration details please?
Mine still says Oct-Dec 2023 and no window with dates.... so maybe mine is in the pipeline for manufacturing??🤔 Don't know....
Hi @Rozzz if you haven't already, check out this thread which gives an overview of the process... What to expect when you're expecting (Australia Delivery Process)

While there may be some minor variances, it seems to be playing out pretty spot on from what I can see.

Reactions: Rozzz
Our sales person at the store told us 'they found that many people weren't using them and so they removed them and lowered the cost of the car'.
Not sure about that contributing to a lower price, but certainly lowered Tesla's costs!

There are many varied and opposing views on use of UMC. Many say you will never need it, and others (like someone I know who has had a Model 3 for many years) swear by it and do not use HPWC and rarely use superchargers.

Personally, I ordered one a a month ago, stupidly thinking I would get the car by end Sep. It only took less than a week to arrive.

I work from home mostly, and will have 10kW Solar being installed next month, so plan to use the Solar to trickle charge during the day. This should keep me juiced for the times I do go into the office or travel about town. For long trips, I plan to charge up overnight, and visit the Supercharger on the way out of town for that last top to 100%. Time will tell :)

There are also a lot of good (and very opposing) views on what level of charge you should target for you personal needs. Your own experience will tell, but there are some good threads over under Battery Discussion if you can wade through the host of opinions. I found this thread very useful - Favor Low SoC or Small Cycles? - and plan to start out using a target charge of 50-55% for daily use with the UMC powered from my solar and see how that works.

Hi @Tempra, fellow Canberran!

Now I don't feel so bad with my delay. I do hope yours comes in soon, along with mine!

I do think being a smaller location, we get looked at after Sydney is filled, as I saw some Sydney folk who ordered a month after me get my exact spec in under 2 weeks! All part of the Tesla "algorithm"!

Reactions: Tempra
Hi @Rozzz if you haven't already, check out this thread which gives an overview of the process... What to expect when you're expecting (Australia Delivery Process)

While there may be some minor variances, it seems to be playing out pretty spot on from what I can see.

Thank you so much. Didn't know that thread was existing (sorry, Im still new to the forum 😀)
That kind of gives the prediction of late November-December window frame for my order....

Reactions: elddum