Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
about to order but saw the update in china and could use an extra 1s in the 0-100km sprint

when does everyone expect the next shipment? when would we expect to see an update IF one was to follow?
I am playing a wait and see game too! I can't see Shanghai building two rather different specs indefinitely (there are some minor variations between markets like USS) although I suppose the update could be for left hand drive only. Will probably wait another month and see what happens..... Happy crystal ball gazing!

On X there is talk of another ship heading to Brisbane this month, I’m guessing with model Y.. not sure tho
Morning Cello is on its way to Brisbane, then the usual east coast route… but not sure what is on it.

Has anyone who recently (last couple of months) ordered a Model Y Long Range got any contact from Tesla this week on arrival date, VIN assignment, etc?

I had expected to see assignments coming out as Morning Cello left Shanghai on 14Oct… but I certainly haven’t got an update on mine. 😭😭

Reactions: dronus
Morning Cello is on its way to Brisbane, then the usual east coast route… but not sure what is on it.

Has anyone who recently (last couple of months) ordered a Model Y Long Range got any contact from Tesla this week on arrival date, VIN assignment, etc?

I had expected to see assignments coming out as Morning Cello left Shanghai on 14Oct… but I certainly haven’t got an update on mine. 😭😭
Hi mate, spoke to a Tesla consultant for something else and he indicated nothing else to me apart from stating-
"Your window is Oct-Dec and can happen anytime during this window (including the VIN assignment)."

P.S- I have ordered MY LR and still waiting VIN assignment.

Reactions: elddum and dronus
Interesting .. my original delivery/pickup location was Chatswood, NSW but Tesla sent me a text this morning saying 'To fast-track your Model Y delivery, your delivery location has been updated to our Alexandria Delivery Centre.."

Anyone else experienced a change in delivery location before?

Ordered a MY LR late August and still no VIN assigned with a window of Sept-Nov..... still waiting and hoping to get some movement in the next few weeks

Nope, I am in the same boat (haha) waiting on a MYLR but no updates since the initial delivery timeframe of September- November. Ordered early September.

I've got a date range now. I bet you would too.

Finance?
Trade in?

These can stop the VIN from showing.
Yes, it will be on a Lease.

The lease company tells me they can't do anything until Tesla provides me an invoice, which I forward to them and they will then contact Tesla to make the payment. So does that mean I won't see the VIN until it is paid? Not that I need to see the VIN, I just want to know I have an actual car coming :)