Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting .. my original delivery/pickup location was Chatswood, NSW but Tesla sent me a text this morning saying 'To fast-track your Model Y delivery, your delivery location has been updated to our Alexandria Delivery Centre.."

Anyone else experienced a change in delivery location before?
I'm in the same situation as you. But I do heard that this is quite normal for Tesla to change delivery centre.

Yep! Now showing EDD 16 Nov to 7 Dec (Canberra)... Still no VIN published, and not showing VIN through the API either. No comms from Tesla yet.
What word/term are you searching for via API? Some of the advice around searching for 5YJ or similar code won’t show anything for Aus delivery as that’s a part of the VIN for US built cars.

Try looking for LRWHY as that’s the first part of the VIN for a MY LR, which I saw was what you’d ordered.

Also, lease didn’t matter for me - my VIN showed up simultaneously with the date change

Nope, only the order agreement. but as @Goneincognito says, this may be as I am leasing.
IMG_6645.jpeg

What word/term are you searching for via API? Some of the advice around searching for 5YJ or similar code won’t show anything for Aus delivery as that’s a part of the VIN for US built cars.

Try looking for LRWHY as that’s the first part of the VIN for a MY LR, which I saw was what you’d ordered.

Also, lease didn’t matter for me - my VIN showed up simultaneously with the date change
just look for LRW in the source code of your order page. Mine still coming back blank (no matches...no VIN)

Reactions: elddum
just look for LRW in the source code of your order page. Mine still coming back blank (no matches...no VIN)
One last suggestion. Try searching for InsuredVIN as I found that word next to where my VIN appeared. If you don’t yet have a VIN, then possibly you will see

VIN: “”

Which is the location in the page code where your VIN may appear when it is assigned. At least that’s what I could see before and after the hidden VIN appeared

...and what do you know??? although the API calls return "vin":"", searching for LRW in the source of the manage page returns what looks like a VIN... "vin":"LRWxxxxxxxxx" in the tags near insurance and the reference number of my order... so looks like positive. 🙏

AND as soon as I finished typing this, just got the text message from Tesla "A Model Y has been assigned to your order...." Happy Days! 🥳🎉🥳

if you are logged in on one tab, does opening this show you anything?

That page won't show your VIN until very close to delivery, when it's no longer hidden.
It used to be a way to see your hidden VIN, which is why there's still lots of old advice about it on the internet

...and what do you know??? although the API calls return "vin":"", searching for LRW in the source of the manage page returns what looks like a VIN... "vin":"LRWxxxxxxxxx" in the tags near insurance and the reference number of my order... so looks like positive. 🙏

This is the way. Congrats!

I found searching for "insuredVIN" is easiest as the VIN will be just before it.

ie "vin":"LRWXXX", "insuredVIN":null,

Or use the Chrome VIN Finder extension.

Reactions: elddum and dronus
That page won't show your VIN until very close to delivery, when it's no longer hidden.
It used to be a way to see your hidden VIN, which is why there's still lots of old advice about it on the internet

This is the way. Congrats!

I found searching for "insuredVIN" is easiest as the VIN will be just before it.

ie "vin":"LRWXXX", "insuredVIN":null,

Or use the Chrome VIN Finder extension.
Awesome thanks!

FYI in Model 3 order page so its similar.
"vin":null,"insuredVIN":null,"vinHasChanged":false,"

Morning Cello is on its way to Brisbane, then the usual east coast route… but not sure what is on it.

Has anyone who recently (last couple of months) ordered a Model Y Long Range got any contact from Tesla this week on arrival date, VIN assignment, etc?

I had expected to see assignments coming out as Morning Cello left Shanghai on 14Oct… but I certainly haven’t got an update on mine. 😭😭
YESSSSSSSS My new MYLR is on MORNING CELLO!!! Finally got my vin this am after ordering in late July. Very excited!!!

YESSSSSSSS My new MYLR is on MORNING CELLO!!! Finally got my vin this am after ordering in late July. Very excited!!!
Fantastic!

I also just got the email confirming mine is on its way "A Model Y has been assigned to your order and is currently in transit to Australia on the MORNING CELLO vessel."

Still no VIN formally for me, but I can see it in the page source an indicated above. Thanks for the tip @AndrewSa

Reactions: Tempra
Hi Aussies. Just ordered my MYRWD (white paint, white seats, 20" wheels) around 30 mins ago. I'm in Melbourne. EDD for me is Nov 27 to Dec 18. In my registration papers there is an Engine Number and a VIN!! I can only guess that not all the MYRWS cars on the container ship matching my spec have been allocated. Thoughts?

Last edited: