Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated shipping schedule for Morning cello

Looks like a category 5 cyclone just off the coast of Vanuatu may have been the reason for diversion to Fiji?

IMG_5820.jpeg

Reactions: elddum
Updated shipping schedule for Morning cello

Looks like a category 5 cyclone just off the coast of Vanuatu may have been the reason for diversion to Fiji?

View attachment 984853

Thanks @Kiwifruit !

Makes a late November delivery for me look very unlikely... and with a cyclone and port congestion to deal with, mid-December is even looking shaky. :(

I think the cyclone is likely to make the trip to Fiji more problematic as they will have had to go around it, bringing further delays. If they hadn't diverted to Fiji at all, it should have been smooth sailing down the coast after rounding PNG.

I couldn't help myself... looking at MarineTraffic just now (yes, I paid the $2 for 24 hour satellite) it looks like Morning Cello is about 380nm NW of Fiji, and reporting arrival time in Fiji as morning of 26Oct. So allowing for whatever it has to do in Fiji, then I don't think it will be in Brisbane by 30Oct (a voyage of over 1500nm)... but then again, I am no mariner.

Ah, patience,... give me patience! 🙏

Given that I only ordered on Fri 13th Oct (ha!), the estimate of Oct-Dec seems hopelessly optimistic, right? (MYLR Black)
I’d say Yes… unless someone cancels or modifies their existing order for an assigned vehicle which does sometimes happen.

If it were me I would be banking on next year, but you may be lucky and I wish you all the luck! and what do I know, it is all a waiting game 😀

First time poster here, and my MY RWD is in the port of Brisbane on the Glovis. Does anyone know if you can delay the seven day pickup window when the set it? I am recovering from ACL and Meniscus tear surgery and its looking like driving signoff won't happen till after the car is ready.

Ah so close! That's what I would have ordered, but I let wife pick the colour, wheels, interior, etc.
Even with the common colour of white ext /black int I still had to wait… I can’t work out their logic.

Anyway, mine is on the Morning Cello and today received the invoice and rego papers… delivery date window of Nov/Dec unchanged but looking at where the ship is at, I would say it’ll be mid-Dec for me. Hoping for better.

Last edited:
I’d say Yes… unless someone cancels or modifies their existing order for an assigned vehicle which does sometimes happen.

If it were me I would be banking on next year, but you may be lucky and I wish you all the luck! and what do I know, it is all a w
Given some on the cars aboard the morning cello are showing up in inventory you may be lucky and pick one that’s unassigned and on the way

Reactions: elddum
First time poster here, and my MY RWD is in the port of Brisbane on the Glovis. Does anyone know if you can delay the seven day pickup window when the set it? I am recovering from ACL and Meniscus tear surgery and it’s looking like driving signoff won't happen till after the car is ready.
From previous reports nope, they are very strict about pickup window as they don’t have the capacity to hang onto cars longer than the week, and they know there’s always another buyer in line

I believe once a VIN is assigned, changing anything now means cancelling and losing the $400 and back to the queue again.
Maybe give Tesla a call?
Thanks mate and you are 100% correct.

Currently overseas so have been emailing them instead of calling but they are still very helpful (and responsive).

Seeing as we’re not getting the updates, I just really hate the wood look which is what you get with the black seats.